Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:54 am

Post subject: How do the Shadow Warrior and Shadow Master Work ?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:14 am 

The Master doesn't use mind blast and traps why ? Do I have to spend point in those skills so she can use them ? Anyway she does well on players 8 and is able to kill groups of enemies.

The Warrior is pretty weak tho. I maxed her and she can't do nothing to nobody and doesn't use the skills I use like fade or burst of speed or venom or blade shield ? Why is she so weak ? Can she become more powerful and how exactly ? At level 30 she takes minimum hp of A3 monster and the monster heals fully.

So I'll really appreciate it if someone explain to me how the shadows work.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: How do the Shadow Warrior and Shadow Master Work ?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:25 pm 

From a modding point of view, Shadows are largely hard coded. Their skill levels are determined by a combination of their level and your skill level with that skill (search PhrozenKeep for details, but I think it's 1/3 their level +1/2 your level in that skill).

The skills used by ShadowMaster are controlled by some columns near the right-hand edge of skills.txt. I never bothered with them much in v1.7, so I can't tell you the complete details (search PhrozenKeep if you'd like to know more, or know from a more official source). I believe the AIType column tells the shadow if that skill is appropriate for ranged attack, melee, self-buff, etc.

The ShadowWarrior is only allowed to use the skills you have on your right and left mouse buttons. When you summon her, if she's not in melee range but there are monsters on screen, then there's a very high chance that she'll immediately use your right-click skill, and then if you switch that skill then she might use the next skill (so after summoning you can get her to buff herself about 1-3 times). Once she's engaged the enemy though, or no enemies are on the screen, then her AI seems to lose this useful feature.

From a modding point of view, the +%HP/Lvl and InventoryItemLevel of the shadows can be changed, but they appear to ignore the columns normally used to buff summons (aurastates and passivestates). Even the Vanilla v1.10 skill files buffed Shadow strength and Dex with those columns, but when I tried to test the effects (more damage when they attack), I never noticed a difference.

The best way I've found to change Shadows is to edit their inventory. HU v1.3 didn't do much with that feature, so hopefully that was noticed and changed in more recent versions. In v1.7, Shadow gear is generally Rares in quality, and armors are from the Heavy (SWarrior) and Medium (SMaster) AC tiers. Around skill level 30, I gave the SWarrior a unique mask that has 10%onStruck Lvl20Fade.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: How do the Shadow Warrior and Shadow Master Work ?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:56 am 

Thanks for the replay man. The warrior actually IS using the skills I use but she is pretty retarded when it comes to fade and blade shield. I must wait a lot of time before she casts them and sometimes she doesn't even bother and it's useless to wait so much cuz she dies pretty fast anyway.

I didn't noticed before but I'm playing the multiplayer version of the game and maybe that's why the bosses are so hard and Mephisto is impossible.
The game is really easy tho. Is the single player version even easier ? I slay everything in my way, only the bosses are hard as I said. I playing version 1.6 (but when I use plugy before I load the game it says 1.41?)

Am I playing 1.6 r 1.41 ? lol

Also if I play this multiplayer version with friends I think is useless cuz is too easy for me alone except the bosses. What version is the hardest one ?

Offline Profile