Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:24 pm

Post subject: Gidbin missing, how do I get it ?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:16 pm 

I'm playing 1.6c and there is no gidbin thingy that spawns it. It shows on the map but there's nothing. I rerolled the map and it's still the same. How do I get it ? If I do the quest can I respec my skills ? Oh and I'm on normal difficulty.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Gidbin missing, how do I get it ?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:49 pm 

Are you looking in GreatMarsh for it? Quite a long time ago in HU it was moved from FlayerJungle to GreatMarsh (not much happens in this area otherwise), so there's a pretty good chance that this change still exists in v1.6. It wasn't a flawless change though, so I think the Gidbinn alter still appears in FlayerJungle, and I've seen between 0-2 appearing in GreatMarsh. I believe the Quest log mentions which area the Gidbinn exists in.

Sorry, but for v1.6 I don't know what the quest reward is.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:05 pm 

I looked all over the map including all the caverns and dungeons. At first I thought that it's moved in unbelievably hard dungeon, not that flyer one but the other and no luck. So are you saying that it shows the gidbin on the map in flyer jungle but it's actually in great marsh ? As I mentioned before I cleared the whole act 3 and there is no gidbin altar.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:58 am 

Gibdinn is in the Great Marsh. Due to how the maps are generated there can be false gibdinn's. This is because the tile the doodad that generates can chosen more than once. The max is probably 2 false and one real. But the case would very rarely happen. (only 1 gibdinn will drop, or even start the quest for that matter).

I believe that the doodad can only be placed in the Marsh.
Nothing has been changed in the way that quest works in a very long time at least. (I don't know about pre 1.21f 'ish').

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:15 am 

Alright I found it from the 4th reset. You can close or delete thread now 10x :)

Offline Profile