Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:26 am

Post subject: I can't reset my skill points with plugy ?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:15 pm 

I'm able to to reset my stats but there is no way I can reset the skills. Where is the X button that resets the skills ? I'm playing HU 1.6c.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: I can't reset my skill points with plugy ?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:06 pm 

It's been a long time since I used PlugY but one thing to consider may be what patch version are you running Hell Unleashed under (it needs to be 1.10). If not this, then you need someone that has played around with the respec feature.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:11 am 

have you checked the plugy config file?
you may have one leftover from a mod which discourages skill point respeccing, and can edit it back in there.

that or teh current version fo hell unleashed discourages skill point respeccing when run with plugy, which i havent checked but want to assume it doesnt.

so pretty much just check the normal config file locations for plugy, and you can turn on or off respeccing of various types

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:25 pm 

[SKILLS POINTS]
ActiveSkillsUnassignment=1
ActiveSkillsUnassignmentOneForOne=1
PosXUnassignSkillBtn=-1
PosYUnassignSkillBtn=-1

I made those from 0 to 1 in all the files and no results. There aren't any "config" named files.

I downloaded the HU from here https://dl.orangedox.com/DLYt5hpwnWhg7m3jzs it was in a topic here in the forum and is ready to play.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:01 pm 

I am assuming that this is one of the newer versions of PlugY...after patch 1.13 in vanilla LoD.

Respecs were not in 1.10...which is what HU must be run with. Therefore you cannot expect a respec function to work properly. Maybe you get lucky, but it appears that is not the case.

It has been noted that in 1.7 HU, a respec feature will most likely be added...but it will not be trivial like in LoD.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:44 pm 

actaully plugy has added its own respec function which works in 1.10

the real issue is that there are multiple locations for this config file to be (may need to read the plugy documentation since im a bit fuzzy on it) and they have rules on overriding settings, such that some settings can be made "fixed".

iirc one of the locations for this config file is inside the mpq file itself, and there are still quite a few other locations for it, so happy hunting

not that i think this mod needs skill resets, and that your likely to spend more effort on this than its worth, there are other "ingame character editors" whcih can be used to simulate a skill respec too, incase this gets too hard

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:17 am 

file824ph wrote:
have you checked the plugy config file?
you may have one leftover from a mod which discourages skill point respeccing, and can edit it back in there.

that or teh current version fo hell unleashed discourages skill point respeccing when run with plugy, which i havent checked but want to assume it doesnt.

so pretty much just check the normal config file locations for plugy, and you can turn on or off respeccing of various types

For what it's worth, I just noticed this (fresh install of 1.6 after playing 1.21) and I discovered the following works pretty well (in 1024x768):

1. Open the following file: "C:\DiabloII_HU\MODS\HU_1.6c\PlugY.ini"
2. Make your [Skills] section look like this:

[SKILLS POINTS]
ActiveSkillsUnassignment=1
ActiveSkillsUnassignmentOneForOne=1
PosXUnassignSkillBtn=950
PosYUnassignSkillBtn=500

3. While you're at it, I also moved the "Toggle shared stash button" so it's not behind the life orb. Add this to the [Stash] section:

[STASH]
PosXSharedBtn=50
PosYSharedBtn=110

Cheers, happy holidays!

EDIT:

Evidently, just re-positioning the button and setting the "ActiveSkillUnassignment" isn't enough, as that doesn't seem to be doing the trick for me (should have tested before posting). That said, the Zonfire hero editor serves pretty well to respec skills - you just can't do it while the character is in a game.

Offline Profile