Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:36 am

Post subject: Whats the best way to experience HellUnleashed for the first
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:07 am 

in sites like http://www.arimyth.com/hell.htm 1.3 version seems to be the one shown as last, with many more dead links around. this up to date forum shows 1.6c. What's the deal with that all and what is the best way for me to approach Hell Unleashed for the first time? I'm comparing with the MedianXL business, where original creator finished his last version and left, with the older version and site running. Then others changed and expanded the mod, but both versions are still up to be chosen by user, and so far I happen to prefer the old original one in that case.

So should I follow the old site and get 1.3 or do I get new one? Is the creator still alive and working on the mod, or are the new people updating stuff to their own liking? In any case, I would probably like most bug-free single player experience, unless decently active online community still exists to be played with and not some mostly dead server where someone might only join my game just to drop me some op game ruining items and not actually play.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Whats the best way to experience HellUnleashed for the f
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:07 am 

If you play solo or with friends, try 1.3g, the last "expanded" version worth playing, or 1.21z, the last patch from Soulmancer, or even 1.16.

Don't bother with anything after 1.3g, unless you want the multiplayer experience ; but the remaining community is thin after the disastrous takeover by some power seeking "elites" (sic) who crapped the game to death.

Hey, HU community, what about just resetting the ladder each year / 6 months like on Bnet, but sticking with a good patch like 1.21z or 1.3g ?
And of course you could kick out the "elites" modders who consistently and repetitively betrayed Hell Unleashed ? If they're dear friends of you, you could let them advertise for their shitty mods on this forum ? What about this simple idea ? Wouldn't it resurrect Hell Unleashed ? Or do you really want useless changes for the sake of change, even if that destroys the game ?
I guess I already know the answer :/

Edit: I believe 1.21z is still the best version of HU so far.

Last edited by Tsume on Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:26 pm 

well then

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:20 pm 

so far i failed to make HE work properly. tried D2SE and plugY. only D2SE seemed to somewhat work, but i get crashes upon killing TP spire near countess tower, or a second after killing andariel replacement, so i cant progress any further. to note, i didnt get free stat points at start so was killed in two hits until i got couple of levels for vitality. later game was very easy, only p8 special bosses required to fill inventory with pots. replenish life doesnt really work, infinite mana possible with few tir runes. anyways, other that this special way of running it through d2se, i cant start hell unleashed. it asks for cd, i cant find cracked 1.10 game.exe or any other way to start this outdate, unaquireable game.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:49 pm 

I use d2se and I had no trouble installing the game. Maybe try to reinstall and make sure to follow the instructions on the hu forum 1.6c download and install post. Tsume did criticize the game, but he still plays it, so it must still be somewhat enjoyable :p It seems like there is a good few players enjoying the game at the moment, which is somewhat surprising considering how long this patch has been going.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:43 am 

Here is 1.21z solo edition for d2se
https://mega.nz/#!LUJnwK6I!g8YkRaKA5iqEh05YVOFlhUsYCBVXb0Dv2nJxlUpJHQ0

Don't worry, the file is sfx.

EDIT: replaced mediafire with mega link

Last edited by ocarinas on Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:40 am 

Tsume wrote:
If you play solo or with friends, try 1.3g, the last "expanded" version worth playing, or 1.21z, the last patch from Soulmancer, or even 1.16.

Don't bother with anything after 1.3g, unless you want the multiplayer experience ; but the remaining community is thin after the disastrous takeover by some power seeking "elites" (sic) who crapped the game to death.

Hey, HU community, what about just resetting the ladder each year / 6 months like on Bnet, but sticking with a good patch like 1.21z or 1.3g ?
And of course you could kick out the "elites" modders who consistently and repetitively betrayed Hell Unleashed ? If they're dear friends of you, you could let them advertise for their shitty mods on this forum ? What about this simple idea ? Wouldn't it resurrect Hell Unleashed ? Or do you really want useless changes for the sake of change, even if that destroys the game ?
I guess I already know the answer :/

Edit: I believe 1.21z is still the best version of HU so far.

has everything been peaches and cream since 1.21z. Not really. Has it been simply a massive pile of crap. Not really. There were some good and some bad to be sure, but to uniformly shit on anyone that has modded this since Soulmancer stopped is about pathetic.

Who exactly are the 'elites' you refer to? The way you left it, it includes everyone that has touched it besides Terry. If that is the case, then why the hell do you bother to stay?

Offline Profile