Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:01 am

Post subject: Gates of Arimyth tribute in my HU branch mod
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:41 pm 

Sup, been a long time since my last post, although I always check this forum from time to time.

Now i'm back here in the forum to mention that I have an HU branch mod running its first online ladder for its "beta version 1.x.x" and we are basically done for this first season/version and I have this "Gates of Arimyth" endgame project for the version 2.0.1 after the reset. At this moment i have this map disabled and the general idea its the following:

After you kill soulmancer in Hell difficulty, he drops the key to the gates of arimyth, requires lvl104 to use and works like the codex giving you free access to that area(max player level is 105), this new area is the highest level area, and its like a "fighter club" place where you fight enemies with names of the Members of this Forum. (oldest or most active Members) the idea is to have 20 enemies in that place, with the name format "Shadow of Arimyth - DuffBeer" for example.
There will be as many Unique items level 104 named after the Members of this forum to try to cover as many as possible, for example "Fist of Jimbolia", "Izron Boots" or "Crucifiction's Armor" or whatever (still too early to give real names to items but thats the concept idea). Of course there will be a big boss in the back, alone in a room... this guys is basically unbeatable if you dont equip full lvl104 gear and his drop will be one thing.... Experience potion..., will be impossible to reach lvl105, the final level, if you dont drink the potion this final boss drop.

So... ill drop a list of names, if anyone is interested on his name as a "shadow of arimyth" or as an unique item, please let me know on this thread. Custom petitions are accepted aswell.

DuffBeer
Blue_myriddn
Jimbolia
Izron
Crucifiction
PureRage-Dod
Just-Ice
Nedder
Kruno
Tsume
TwistedMoonz
Kannli
Utter
HunterAs
FuryCury
Zikur
Cool-Player
Pious
Pappy
Drew
Alexius
Acey
Brevan
Snickers
oZio
Nova
Mud
Silent-
Nazgul
Lord-Turin
Asteroth
Bob
Kramuti
Martel
Drrod
Locryan
Crew
LmT
Mrawskrad
Saphire_Rawk
muleofal
Abominae
Tonykantos
Angel
Blinky99
Steel
Jaykayrox
Corr
Lockdown
Badboy
kwikster
MaMaLuLu
Gobo
Lee
slappynutz
Ares
Verb
Riem821
Ensley
iiNfluence
Boo-You
ao2005
Alternalo
Js-Punk
Kasia2

Ill add more or replace some if needed.

Discord channel of the mod:
https://discord.gg/evuDTBcY

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Gates of Arimyth tribute in my HU branch mod
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:53 pm 

I'm always interested in seeing where folks go with their changes to HU. Do you have a non-Discord download link (e.g. Internet Archive)?

Did you implement the map and charm changes you mentioned in this thread? For my version, I got around to implementing a change to charms similar to what you mentioned (1 charm per Act. Upgraded 2-3 times in each of 3 different ways (stats, damage, res)). I never got around to fixing some important bugs, so never bothered sharing it publicly as a "HUv1.7c", but if you'd like to copy some of the charm changes you inspired, then I'd be happy to share.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:21 pm 

I didnt do these specific map changes, I first went trough monsters, skills and items balance. Finished that already.

Then I went with slight map readjusts and then greatly shrinked caves/sidemaps/making easier and faster sidebossing. this was a faster alternative to static map presets, I still have the mapping project so that old thread of mine will happen. (i even have another of those for act2 and act3 but never published them iirc)

I dont have the "act charm" system, even tho i havent discarded the idea, instead and for now i have the Bounty/Quest system that target all minibosses and most sidemaps. All the super uniques are a minibosses now, like bloodraven, with their big name and special properties, if we were to qualify how strong they are, like bloodraven its their strenght kinda.

I would love for you to share that work with me, it flatters me very much that you took in consideration that concept of mine.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:23 pm 

Ill upload the non-discord links in a moment... i have a patch update scheduled for today so ill upload that first and then post it here so you get latest version.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:31 pm 

I look forward to checking it out, but no rush :)

I'll try to prepare a shareable package and link for what I've got within a couple days. There were many changes between v1.7b and v1.7c, but my time to work on things got very short.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:59 pm 

Just mod folder in case you have a gamefolder with multiple mods:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/4cmlwsnd ... 6.rar/file

Full game folder (outdated):
https://www.mediafire.com/file/0qaidwnh ... 5.rar/file

just latest patch to update game folder:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/p3t500hu ... 6.rar/file

Offline Profile