Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:16 pm

Post subject: Character Opinion
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:20 pm 

Thinking about rolling a Summon Nec or Light Trap Sin OR MA Sin. I play only Hardcore so wondering what you guys think is viable?

I just lost my summon nec yesterday and realized I wasted 20 skill points into archer summon which is worthless and die within 1 hit so thinking of rerolling but I have a ton of sin gear including the full Order of Conflict set that I was curious about. I have not made it past A1 NM with any char so just asking for opinions.

Thanks all!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Character Opinion
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:05 pm 

All summons are somewhat worthless in this mod because they instantly die to bosses due to the 10x modifier. Playing HC means you will have almost no one to play with so if you ever want to get past act 3 of normal I wouldn't make a summoner.

All of the Sin specs should be pretty decent right now. MA will be better vs bosses but traps will be more effective at farming.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:13 pm 

Ensley03 wrote:
All summons are somewhat worthless in this mod because they instantly die to bosses due to the 10x modifier. Playing HC means you will have almost no one to play with so if you ever want to get past act 3 of normal I wouldn't make a summoner.

All of the Sin specs should be pretty decent right now. MA will be better vs bosses but traps will be more effective at farming.

What a bummer on the summoner... Is there a sin guide somewhere? Also, is a trap sin ever able to clear bosses? I had a fire trap sin and that didn't work out too well so thinking corpse explosion lighting may work better?

Lastly, is a javazon viable for clear and bosses?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:08 pm 

I'm not an expert on sins but maybe someone else here can help you. The inferno trap does a lot of damage to bosses but also causes a lot of counters so you just have to be able to endure those.

Jav is great for trash but bosses no unless you go poison then yes.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:52 am 

Ensley03 wrote:
I'm not an expert on sins but maybe someone else here can help you. The inferno trap does a lot of damage to bosses but also causes a lot of counters so you just have to be able to endure those.

Jav is great for trash but bosses no unless you go poison then yes.

Ok so Poison is only way to clear bosses? What about lighting? Does the charge hit or whatever no longer work on bosses?

Really interested in Sin but never made one MA so wondering if she is viable.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:11 am 

Lightning just isn't enough single target DPS to reliably fight bosses, it's more about aoe, and anything with strong aoe is going to be bad single target except Blizzard. :D

MA is viable. Try to achieve near curse immunity through Fade, items, and charms so that way you won't get rekt by amp and IM.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:23 am 

Ensley03 wrote:
Lightning just isn't enough single target DPS to reliably fight bosses, it's more about aoe, and anything with strong aoe is going to be bad single target except Blizzard. :D

MA is viable. Try to achieve near curse immunity through Fade, items, and charms so that way you won't get rekt by amp and IM.

Awesome would love to know what skills to use so I can at least have an idea on what to level and what the jewels, stats, etc.. would be for this gal.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:18 pm 

Is this still viable?

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8530

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:57 pm 

Lightning Sins can solo the entire game if you have enough patience it just takes a shit ton of kiting on bosses.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:26 pm 

in 1.6 the top builds are 2h fury druid and 2h ww barb. you just need some cb/life leech/amp proc and the sailing is very easy. i prefer ww because the mobility allows you to dodge big hits.

Offline Profile