Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:28 am

Post subject: Question about testing with d2se /data folder
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:01 am 

Hi, im trying to test some char / build wit a hero editor. i use to try it using non d2se install. so i was editing me -txt -direct and patching the data folder wit the cubemain purerage edited. but now on 1.6c im using D2SE i tryed a few things to patch the cubemain and i juts cant find how to make it work. 1st i have no data folder in d2se MODS hu folder. 2nd i tryed an old data folder that i patched there and its not working anyway. so if some1 could tell me how to make a diff cubemain then the 1 that the patch.mpq is using will be awesome and very help full! tyvm!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Question about testing with d2se /data folder
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:37 pm 

It's hard to tell exactly what's going wrong for you, but here are some basic things to confirm:

1) Have you edited the D2SE_SETUP.INI file in the mod's root folder so that D2SE knows that mod is moddable? If not, then you're basically starting the mod without "-direct -txt" so D2SE will ignore any data folder present.

2) Did you decompress the patchD2.mpq file for the version that you are trying to mod? When decompressed, it produces the data folder that your changes belong in.

3) When editing one of the .txt files, are you making sure the editing program is saving the file as a simple tab-delimited csv file (albeit one that ends in .txt rather than .csv)? Some programs might default to saving it with some stuff like surrounding words with quotes.

If you're sure you've got all of that covered, then give some more detail about your test, what you expected to happen, and what actually happened.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:31 pm 

Brevan wrote:
It's hard to tell exactly what's going wrong for you, but here are some basic things to confirm:

1) Have you edited the D2SE_SETUP.INI file in the mod's root folder so that D2SE knows that mod is moddable? If not, then you're basically starting the mod without "-direct -txt" so D2SE will ignore any data folder present.

2) Did you decompress the patchD2.mpq file for the version that you are trying to mod? When decompressed, it produces the data folder that your changes belong in.

3) When editing one of the .txt files, are you making sure the editing program is saving the file as a simple tab-delimited csv file (albeit one that ends in .txt rather than .csv)? Some programs might default to saving it with some stuff like surrounding words with quotes.

If you're sure you've got all of that covered, then give some more detail about your test, what you expected to happen, and what actually happened.

so i edited my d2se as you told me for the -direct and -txt. im trying to decompress the patchd2.mpq in my hu 1.6c folder in d2se but i dont know wit which program ii should do this. window 10 dont offer me anyprogram that could decompress it

3) actualy i have a saved cubemain that purerage edited by him self and it was workin. what it was doing is: when u use a health pot in cube wit an item it will produce the Uniq version of this item and a mana will produce the SET version of this item. so it makes gearing alot faster when testing some build.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:48 pm 

His issue was that he didn't know you have to extract the data folder from the mpq file. I sort of explained it and he basically said that's too much work. :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:53 pm 
Game Server Host

Just create a folder, it can be empty except for your file.

Create new folder in your HU folder > name it data
Create folder inside data folder > name it global
Create folder inside global folder > name it excel
Place cubemain.txt in the excel folder.

To disable the edit and switch back to 1.6 recipes, just turn off the -direct and -txt switch in D2SE.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:18 pm 

tyvm everyone, but purerage made it very easy for me. i did it and its working perfectly the only thing im wondering since its a hold cubemain will it transmute to the curent 1.6 gear changes since i add the data / g / e /cubemain in my main hu folder ! i did transmute a few and i think it is working but i cant remeber which is old and which is new ! tyvm again every1

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:52 pm 
Game Server Host

yeh that ile just changes the cubemain file, all other files like uniqueitems/sets are being read from the .mpq

Offline Profile