Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:06 pm

Post subject: Aura Problems
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:15 am 

As many of you are well aware, auras dont stack properly and have many problems associated with them. I am posting this to gather as much information in relation to aura bugs to help promote fixes for them so please reply with some helpful information in regards.

What i have discovered so far is that you can not have more than 2 auras active at a time, this may have been intentional but with so many sets and uniques which contain auras this is conflicting with essential items for builds, e.g a healer paladin with an insight cant wear full isenhearts because of the aura, or even tancreds for that matter. this is because the auras will cancel out either prayer(active) or meditation which belongs to the insight. I would really love to see the ability to have more than 2 auras active at a time on a character(excluding auras which are from other characters.) so i can utilize every item combination that i want to use, pretty much all of the holy crafts are useless because of this on certain characters or certain builds.

Also a side note, fade at a certain point stops receiving bonuses from extra hard points past a certain point so anything more than 1 point is close to a waste.

Thanks!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Aura Problems
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:02 am 

I have pala who's only purpose is to buff the party via auras.
Usually he's running with active coviction, holy craft helm/defiance, penitence/salvation aura and insight meditation. I have never really noticed any issues with auras not working.
On a zealer I got active fanatism, might from weapon, defiance from helm concentration from merc weapon all are stacking together working as intended.
I haven't used any sets with auras and I know they have issues, but apart from that I never had any issues.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:53 am 
Game Server Host

Auras as set bonus do not stack if you have another instance of "Aura on equip". Items with Aura on equip not added via set bonus all stack.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:29 am 

In a recent test I had a weapon (a Unique, but probably not important) with HolyShock oSkill, and +AllSkills on it (this might be important to the test but I didn't confirm), With HShock active, I weapon-swapped (new gear also had +AllSkills (I swear some shenanigans are afoot when oSkills are combined with +AllSkills)), but the HShock aura was still active graphically and being applied even though it was no longer my right-click option.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:49 am 

At the bottom of this thread viewtopic.php?f=9&t=437 is a similar description as to what Brevan and PureRage state. There are some things that I don't think anybody has ever totally nailed down...specifically, the shenanigans Brevan referred to.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:55 am 
Game Server Host

Brevan wrote:
In a recent test I had a weapon (a Unique, but probably not important) with HolyShock oSkill, and +AllSkills on it (this might be important to the test but I didn't confirm), With HShock active, I weapon-swapped (new gear also had +AllSkills (I swear some shenanigans are afoot when oSkills are combined with +AllSkills)), but the HShock aura was still active graphically and being applied even though it was no longer my right-click option.

I had the same problem with 1.7 kuko. Weapon swapped and retained the overlay. There was no pulse however.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:08 pm 

Cheers for all the replies! its just tough and frustrating going through hc with limited options on gear, especially when sets mess with your main skills.

Offline Profile