Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:54 pm

Post subject: Help, I got a Zakarum Salvation unique royal shield bug
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:24 am 

I found Zakarum Salvation in singleplayer but after identifying it I cannot place it anywhere in the inventory and the item also doesn't have an image.

I wanted to mule the item but because I play single player with plugy I need to place it the stash to mule it. And there I have the problem that I cannot place it due to this bug in my stash. Ehm picking it up after throwing it on the ground works but because of the fact I can only mule by using the stash I got the problem. If I wouldn't play single player I could just create a new char and pick it up from the ground but this option doesn't work for me...

Is there a fix for this kind of problem?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Help, I got a Zakarum Salvation unique royal shield bug
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:56 am 
Game Server Host

Whoever made the shield gave it a dud unique invfile.

Fix:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/153 ... %20fix.rar
Place in your HU folder and be sure to run with -direct -txt

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:43 pm 

Cool thx!
Are there any other fixes I should be aware of?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:47 pm 

Mute2k16, check out the new post for 1.6c and just update to that. PureRage's fix is great if you are playing online 1.6b though.

I actually didn't make the item, but it was disabled. I enabled it and edited the stats and didn't see that they left a color in place of the invfile :roll:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:10 pm 

Thanks for the info Ensley!
I'll check the patch out.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:19 pm 
Game Server Host

Hmm, it's all blank except for the name/costadd in 1.5b weird. :?
Not sure if Brevans web page maker checks invfiles, or if the debuglog picks up on it either.

Best to just spawn edited items to make sure there's no typo's in the properties, or invfile mixups.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:56 pm 

Currently the webpage maker will only consider the invfiles of unique items, and all it does is insert an html img-tag with ".\Images\invfile.gif" for that item. If that .gif doesn't exist, then you'll just see the image-missing graphic that your browser normally uses. If you had an "Images" folder in the webpage folder, then you could quickly skim the webpage output to see if an image was missing. The wepage maker does check the properties though (it will tell you if a property does not exist, or if you've entered letters into the min/max fields, but it has no idea if you've exceeded the itemstat limits).

I didn't put a lot of effort into the image checking stuff because it's hard to tell what names people will give to the images in their own web sites, and it's hard to process the image files of d2 anyways. I was content with the webpage-maker producing quick and dirty stat-filled pages, and consider it a useful tool for webpage-admin-folk to copy-paste the stats into their pages.

Regarding the debuglog file, I just ran a test where I entered garbage as the invfile name for an enabled unique item and loaded up a char in D2. I spawned the item via cube recipe and confirmed the image didn't appear. I experimented a bit, and was able to equip and use it though. I was able to move it around the cube, but seemed unable to place it into the inventory. There was no message in the debuglog when starting the game (i.e. while parsing files), or while playing that char.

Removing the bad invfile entry from uniqueItems.txt and restarting the game returned the item to normal.

Offline Profile