Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:45 pm

Post subject: LOS
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:58 am 

Hey Chaps

Have been having some LOS games recently, the furthest I have got is the act5 portal with myself (SOFTCORE) Rockmebaby and mario-summoner.

Act1.. Well this is the hardest act of them all. The portal has been moved to spawn in the middle which is in range of 90% of the MOBS in act1.

Lets begin by talking about how much effort it takes to kill act1.
After spending 5 hours on it last night, myself and mario completed act1, then chose to log off.

5 HOURS of constantly dieing, spawning to insta death through the portal.

I have actually had a chance to get to a corner and start working out who does the imbalanced damage, essentially...
HELL Archers: do some of the most insane damage in the game. They are arguably hitting more then Baal or any other game boss its like Cleft of Dimensions where the Electric caster skeletons do more electric damage then diablo (Who is arguably unkillable for any barb or mele class in the game, i doubt a paladin could tank Diablos light attack).

They have no HP but when we account for the sheer ammount of sever lag we play with, you click on the portal, and the other side loads maybe 2 seconds later and your already dead.

WE could argue that LOS is supposed to be a challenge. But a challenge is something that could arguably be seen as having a end goal. When you can not even spawn before insta dieing there is no challenge.

So rather then whine and whinge, what other game mechanics have i tried?

Bone armor + fade + ice armor (200k+ defense) with walking wirlwind. Insta Dead.

Max block with a phase blade full of life leach. Insta dead.

Jumping over the massive pack to reach a corner. Insta dead

Going in 3 people at the same moment. Insta dead even more so because the archers shoot the portal, when the first person dies the next arrows hit the rest of the team. Its even worse because it causes more lag and slower load times.

So how did we actually clear phase 1 in 5 hours?

Well we basically keep dieing, over and over and over... and hope that by spawning and wirlwind with a RIP ring over time you will one by 1 kill a little red monster, or take one maybe 1 archer who strayed to close. But it takes maybe 20 deaths before you have done enough damage to kill 1 mob and you need to pray they dont move from where they last stood which is common because when you spawn you have no time to find anything were talking 0.2 seconds to act before you die.

Rockmebaby arguably the best mele druid on the server couldn't even survive our attempts.

Without all the insane mobs in act1 the portal bosses are a bit of a challenge to kill but doable.

In act3 the seraphims do not allow for mana leach which is perhaps a broken mechanic? there is a good mix of undead in act3.

Act 4 is simple, but Act5 is again insane but no where near as bad as act1.

I have yet to experience the end bosses ever but its not really achievable with the server lag, in up coming patches can you move the portal back to a corner fence? it would still be insane with the server lag but after allot of hard work it might be doable.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: LOS
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:17 am 

Well I know Lockdown soloed it, so its more then possible :)

And the best players of this game aint playing the game for the moment as I have seen.

So yea, hard, but managable.

You should ask people that does it for advices on how they do it :)

Last edited by snakzz on Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:32 am 

I solod LoS with my zealer. I did buff him with enchant/frozen armor/bo. I wasn't even trying to be fast but when I got all but one (necro) of the hearts only 2 hours 10 minutes had passed.That is playing from China, so my ping sucks as well.
This is how I died:
a1~15, a2~2, a3~1, a4~1, a5~3, ama~1, assa~2, druid~2, pala~7, barb~0, sorc~0, necro~10
The necro seems a bit op. -84 magic res from lr+magic dmg+bone cage seems a bit stupid to me. Curse immunity isn't that hard to achive now with charms but there is no way to stack that much magic res.
When I got a WW barb to help me we were able to defeat him after a few attempts so whatever.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:40 am 

Minu566 wrote:
When I got a WW barb to help me we were able to defeat him after a few attempts so whatever.

Yeah. The lower res is kinda lame, almost one shotting with the bone spears. Would have a one attempt if he didn't lumber off into the distance and we both lost track of him :X

thebold wrote:
(Who is arguably unkillable for any barb or mele class in the game, i doubt a paladin could tank Diablos light attack).

Diablo can be face tanked solo / unbuffed with a zealer this patch if you gear for it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:45 am 

Any melee with decent physical damage/leech can face tank diablo, it's so easy to get 40 fire/light absorb...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:28 am 

Lmao you fucking guys.

He writes a long ass post about how difficult it is, some broken monsters (skeletons), writes his analysis and things that should/could be improved or fixed..

And you just come and say "lol it's easy, I solo'd it myself!" Offering NOTHING, almost mocking him.
Mario and Rockme ARE some of the best players right now, and as I've seen it, they play ~8 hours a day. For playing that long, and so many years, you would think a minigame sidequest would not take 5 hours, and result in so many deaths.

And that -87 magic rec is broken. Why should a fully stacked champ (assuming 300+) all resis, 200k def, and maxblock die by anything in one hit?

Just venting... The man has a point, and you're just ignoring him.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:51 am 

Los is supposed to be endgame, its supposed to be fucking hard.

When someone can solo it easy does it sound fucking hard then?

Because an group of 3 people cant do the same should we nerf it?

I suck at this game and I need help for much of the things here, but I can live with that.

Even if I spend 3 or 4 times as much time as some of the good players I prolly wont be as "good" as them in the game, mainly because I dont care, I just wanna have some fun.

And yea, people should have offered better feedback and maybe tips on how to do it (instead of just telling how "easy" it is). I sadly cant offer those tips and advices, since I dont do LoS myself.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:32 am 

Hmm, I think you are missing the point.

You all telling me it is easy, its so easy etc.

Ok, This is how it goes.

Act 1.

You click to enter the portal.

0.5 seconds pass and your still in town.
1 Second LOS loads.
1.5 second later. You are dead.

If the server is at peak time it takes 2/3 seconds to load LOS.

I believe some of the worlds best fighters have the fastest reaction of around 0.1 of a second? The time in which it takes the human eye to transmit a signal to the brain, the brain to decode the visual stimulus as I entered LOS, then send a communication to the hands to do something.

The only way to enter WW or perform a action is to spam it after clicking on the portal and hope you at least hit something before instantly dieing after in my case WW has finished.

IF rockmebaby (arguably the best geared druid) on the server at the moment instantly dies upon loading using bone armor boots for sky high def, how is LOS possible to actually do?

I started LOS about 5pm GMT expecting it to take maybe 3 hours, but it got to 11pm GMT and i simply logged off achieving no reward.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:34 am 

Minu566 wrote:
Any melee with decent physical damage/leech can face tank diablo, it's so easy to get 40 fire/light absorb...

I had 40/40 I Can tank fire a little bit but his light breath kills me to fast, 40 sorb is laughably not enough, even with nos gloves, ward and a phase blade zealing him with HOWL druid on the side running my own SOB (which gives no more sorbs these days) it is not enough. IF i had 50k HP I still think I would die.

O and I think you are confused, you can't really leach Diablo in hell at all, Mephisto is basically the same (Ive killed Meph more then 20 times solo and used him as a testing boss before diablo).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:15 pm 

My experience with LoS was a while ago. The acts proved no difficulty, the difficulty was in the bosses themselves, whom were artificially difficult.

What I mean by that is even with max BO and an oak, you essentially got 1 hit by various counters. FoH, volcano, etc.

Granted I've done nothing of it in the newer patches, mostly because success back when I played was me throwing a teeth spell and spam teleporting around to not die while our poison zon(who was significantly stronger than anyone else on the server @ 450k damage, compared to something like the 300k everyone else had) hit and survived as long as dodge let them avoid insta-kills before dying and running back.

Unless the design was changed, it's just a poorly designed fake difficulty area where cheese is the best way to deal with it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:26 pm 

Angel

With a caster char we confirmed in act 1 you do not even have time to cast 1 single spell.

Thanks for your input, Mario said to me that the portal was moved smack bang in the centre of the camp in range of basically all mobs, if it was on a fence it would still be hard but not impossible.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:36 pm 

I buffed my Pally with max FA max Chant + like 10 hard pt BO and had 75% DR and 40% Sorbs when I'd portal in I'd have Defiance on and walk to a corner took a few deaths each portal but clearing wasn't terrible at all. The max block on Paladins makes it not as terrible to zone in as every other class.

The a5 portal was the worst for me think I died like 20 times because it was stacked with every mob in a5. The portal locations aren't kind at all for the amount of mobs that zone in. I killed all of the bosses leap bugging the druid since I didn't have the patience for it. For the necro I had a 100% curse immune setup so I didn't get the - magic res.

I agree LoS is hard as fuck with the portal locations but not an impossible task.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:34 pm 

Kye7 wrote:
Lmao you fucking guys.

He writes a long ass post about how difficult it is, some broken monsters (skeletons), writes his analysis and things that should/could be improved or fixed..

And you just come and say "lol it's easy, I solo'd it myself!" Offering NOTHING, almost mocking him.
Mario and Rockme ARE some of the best players right now, and as I've seen it, they play ~8 hours a day. For playing that long, and so many years, you would think a minigame sidequest would not take 5 hours, and result in so many deaths.

And that -87 magic rec is broken. Why should a fully stacked champ (assuming 300+) all resis, 200k def, and maxblock die by anything in one hit?

Just venting... The man has a point, and you're just ignoring him.

You are right, it was late and I was tired. Quite rude now that I look back on it. I apologize.

thebold wrote:

To be on topic: It is hard, not saying it isn't. As everyone else has already said, moving the portal locations in the center of the map makes it abysmally so. Did lvl 1 - 2 on a fury druid close to the end of the last season before the game dropped and no one came back online. Go in, hope to get tap, do dmg until I took too much at the same time, die. Repeat. Cheese strats or death farming looks like how everyone is doing it. As far as the lag issues. I feel you on that front. I get delay on two of the servers that are up and lag on the other. I think almost everyone is in the same boat there. As far as the portal-in lag if I remember right there was still lag zoning in on LoD if you stacked the uber portal with mobs. Could be wrong, could have just been the crap computer I used when it was launched on realms. Most everyone that has done it this season has already posted their method while I was away. Sorry if the last post I made came off as snobby.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:24 am 

What builds were you and mario playing?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:22 am 

thebold wrote:
Angel

With a caster char we confirmed in act 1 you do not even have time to cast 1 single spell.

Thanks for your input, Mario said to me that the portal was moved smack bang in the centre of the camp in range of basically all mobs, if it was on a fence it would still be hard but not impossible.

Max block? ES? Facets vs defensive gemming? Defense? Caster is a broad term.

Also, to be fair, I'd consider mario a dedicated player. But I've never seen him with a 'strong' character.

Offline Profile