Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:04 am

Post subject: 1.6c update posted vote poll
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:28 am 

This is the only way to really avoid dupe votes.
Duff and others had concerns about wanting to fix as many bugs as possible before anymore updates.
Well, much time has passed for any bugs to be found and fixed.

Do you want a 1.6c update now, with no reset?

Just post YES or NO.

Also if you just made your account today, your vote is ignored and Duff can check IP for noob accounts.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: 1.6c update posted vote poll
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:13 am 

YES

I'd like to see the community continue to thrive; if we can keep the game fresh on the development side, that should at least be half the battle.

Thank you once again Ensley, for your continued contributions.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:18 am 

I dont see how a open poll is any different from a anonymous one or preventing people from making fake accounts.
What exactly does the 1.6c update contain? I am not sure what this new poll is really about now. Give us some more details please.
eveything from http://forum.arimyth.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13892?
Are wirt's jewels back to 2%?
Will this break any characters if they for example have the old wirt's?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:59 am 

[Edit:Changing my vote to No. ]

Last edited by Riem821 on Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:08 am 

Yes even if I won't be playing probably best for the game.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:00 am 

Yes, but will prolly spend more time on PoE.

To dead here atm :(

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:28 am 

I don't see it making a difference without a reset. The damage of wirts jewels and more appropriately physical facets are done.

That said I wouldn't care if it was reset and set to patch 1.6c. 1.7 isn't going to be out for a while, and having a decent patch to play on in the meantime would be wonderful.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:58 am 

Angel wrote:
I don't see it making a difference without a reset. The damage of wirts jewels and more appropriately physical facets are done.

That said I wouldn't care if it was reset and set to patch 1.6c. 1.7 isn't going to be out for a while, and having a decent patch to play on in the meantime would be wonderful.

If it required an reset I would vote no for sure.

Then I would loose all interest in this mod.

And I think 1.7 is "closer" then you think.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:16 am 

If 1.7 is so close then why does it matter in the first place?

To be fair, there are very few people on at all anyways. You're actually on my friends list, and I've seen you on once in the week or so I've been playing.

I've never seen more than 2 public games up at a time in the difficulty I'm playing, and no more than maybe 6 SC+HC games combined at any given time on the realm list.

I feel like the version of the mod could be challenging without the physical facets, but I'm assuming without a reset they'd remain.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:44 am 
Game Server Host

1.7 isn't close. It's close to being "finished" but it will be being tested/tweaked for a while. I only just finished re-adding/improving the warp tome stuff/trials and Brevan has been making more monster adjustments etc. so it's less of a holy fuck transition from 1.6 to 1.7.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:58 am 

Angel wrote:
If 1.7 is so close then why does it matter in the first place?

To be fair, there are very few people on at all anyways. You're actually on my friends list, and I've seen you on once in the week or so I've been playing.

I've never seen more than 2 public games up at a time in the difficulty I'm playing, and no more than maybe 6 SC+HC games combined at any given time on the realm list.

I feel like the version of the mod could be challenging without the physical facets, but I'm assuming without a reset they'd remain.

Been out of town and my "team" is also on an break or having quitted, so its not the same fun.

Its more "dead" then it was 3-4 weeks ago.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:25 am 

YES! pzn nec fix hypee also vote yes for reset if possible

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:33 am 

Yes - I play with DankMemes and we both expressed earlier how we think the changes seem good.

A reset would be best if 1.7 is still at least 3-4 or more months away to fix the errors of this patch.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:41 am 

Hhax wrote:
Yes - I play with DankMemes and we both expressed earlier how we think the changes seem good.

A reset would be best if 1.7 is still at least 3-4 or more months away to fix the errors of this patch.

You dont need an reset to fix the errors...

Some of the items that some have will still be in the game Yea, but nothing big.

Go ahead with the 1.6c and no reset.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:10 pm 

There's 3 problems with the patch that I personally see:

-Wirt's jewels, which I have no problem with. Even with infinite gems it takes a long fucking time to craft something decent.

-Physical facets, twofold problem here. They're BiS for damage on virtually every physical character AND they double as the best defensive slot you can socket. 40% absorb is 80% reduction which is then reduced further by resistance. This is the sole item that requires a reset.

-oskill fire mastery, strong obviously. But unlike facets, you're not invincible. You do 75-100% more damage, but you still are vulnerable to dying.

If you don't reset, people still have facets, new people can't get them. Makes new people not want to play because it's bullshit. If you reset, there is a chance that people won't come back. But as someone who has played and become very active over the last week or so, no one is playing anyways. And a new ladder always brings hype.

I'd rather play with a fresh start on a patch that doesn't have dumb items.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:49 pm 

I vote yes too. If facets are being fixed we should have a reset. It doesn't look like many people will be upset if it happens, and most people who threaten to quit usually don't.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:04 pm 

So how many have these super op facets?

Why cant we let them have it?

I dont have any of them at all, and I would be pissed at an reset and just roll PoE totaly.

So because someone have some "op" stuff you cant have, you need to have an reset to make it fair?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:18 pm 

lol well me and hhax have several of them, they arent hard to gamble

it looks like angel has them

im sure others who play a lot like lockdown have them

maybe you are the only one who doesnt have them

to fix the rares and facets we should get reset

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:22 pm 

Yes, I do need a reset to make it fair. Niche characters like fire characters with trangs are one thing, but any character with a set of SUPER COMMON facets are fucking bullshit. We're not talking about a small advantage, this is people with best in slot jewels for damage that reduce all elemental damage by 80%. That's garbage.

Every single high level I've seen has them, not just one or two, full sets of shield sweapons armors helms. I'd never be able to come close, I'd have zero interest in playing.

Reset evens the playing field, the new ladder brings in players who want to race to the top. Yeah, it sucks that you have to start over, but it's better than sitting there playing a game you literally cannot attain even a fraction of the strength of the top players.

I don't have any of them Dank, but once I get in level range I could easily gamble full sets in less than a day. Fact of the matter is they take any choice out of what you socket. You socket them because they're insane damage and make you virtually immune to elemental damage.

Last edited by Angel on Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:22 pm 

I know LockDown dont have any as I have his account. He said they were Kinda rare to.

Point is, i dont care if anyone else have them. Dont ruin my game experience.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:25 pm 

You can get at least 1 facet a full inventory of gambling.

You can get 1 facet average killing hell leoric.

They aren't rare, they remove any decision making on socketing. Want to be tankier? Facets. Want to do more damage? Facets.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:34 pm 

Buhu someone has better stuff then me.

Go ahead make an reset because of that.

I dont have any pf the op shit and I dont fucking care.
Its dont ruin my own experience of the game.
Like when psn zon was Fucking op.

I did not make my own psn zon, but still had alot of fun

Weller tbh I dont care if the majority wants it, just make the transition to poe ea sier :)

Sorry rant off :).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:12 pm 

Yes~

I found this mod on reddit and play with a friend who doesn't care about forums but I have to say it has been fun so far. I don't know specific items that require a wipe but if we need a server wipe then that's ok and we will keep playing. Either is fine for us but please do it sooner rather than later if it's a wipe.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:21 pm 

The poison zon scenario plays out like this. You can make a completely perfect poison zon that did 450k damage. But since people who played before you already have gear that no longer exists, they do 750k damage and have capped sorbs. That's essentially what it is.

Better gear is an understatement, it trivializes the game.

@Timber - There are two big items, trangs armor which has oskill fire mastery. This makes any fire based non-sorc character deal double damage. Damage so high the game isn't designed for it to be.

And physical facets, which make you all but immune to cold/fire/lightning damage while simultaneously being the best damage sockets.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:52 pm 

I also agree for doing the reset ASAP and not waste time.

A couple people mentioned PoE and they'll probably play it but everyone gets bored of that game after a week of "hype" and they'll all be back to HU.

The facets and fire mastery do make the game worse and if they'll be gone I will be very happy.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:08 pm 

Hhax wrote:

A couple people mentioned PoE and they'll probably play it but everyone gets bored of that game after a week of "hype" and they'll all be back to HU.

The facets and fire mastery do make the game worse and if they'll be gone I will be very happy.

I can guarantee people will not come back to 1.6, reset or not (lots have said that they've done what they wanted to accomplish with 1.6). People got tired of it, nobody will want to race to the top again for a third time in 2 months, especially because there is no new content. Duff said he's not doing a reset or the patch, it's time consuming for him.

If you want a true reset with a full community of people playing, it will have to be when 1.7 comes out. Nobody who has completed this patch is coming back for a reset.

People bitching because the items are imbalanced - don't use them. Again, a reset isn't bringing people back, neither is a patch, so you'll have the same amount of players as you do now.

It's no different than what happens in any other patch - it's been played through and people get bored of HU until the next big wave of substantial changes comes through. Removing some overpowered facets and a fire mastery armor will not convince people to go through again.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:06 pm 

muleofal wrote:
Hhax wrote:

I can guarantee people will not come back to 1.6, reset or not (lots have said that they've done what they wanted to accomplish with 1.6). People got tired of it, nobody will want to race to the top again for a third time in 2 months, especially because there is no new content. Duff said he's not doing a reset or the patch, it's time consuming for him.

If you want a true reset with a full community of people playing, it will have to be when 1.7 comes out. Nobody who has completed this patch is coming back for a reset.

People bitching because the items are imbalanced - don't use them. Again, a reset isn't bringing people back, neither is a patch, so you'll have the same amount of players as you do now.

It's no different than what happens in any other patch - it's been played through and people get bored of HU until the next big wave of substantial changes comes through. Removing some overpowered facets and a fire mastery armor will not convince people to go through again.

More true words have never been spoken.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:11 pm 

Play through the game without 40% sorbs, tell me how it goes.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:17 pm 

muleofal you say the people who already left wont come back and it will be the same people then why should it not be reset? why would we care what people think who arent going to play anyway? im playing now with friends and we think its a good idea

the facets are too good just like the grizzly was too good so it needs a reset end of story

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:24 pm 

Angel wrote:

Been doing it for weeks.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:29 pm 

snakzz wrote:
Angel wrote:

Been doing it for weeks.

No offense but how could you play for weeks and not have facets?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:59 pm 

Syndo wrote:
snakzz wrote:
Angel wrote:

Been doing it for weeks.

No offense but how could you play for weeks and not have facets?

Havent needed them since I havent made an phys char yet?

And ofc I have som facets, just not the uber phys once.

Have not spent any time gambling or farming for them tho

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:02 pm 

Actually spent an hour gambling today, and i am sure this patch have decreased the uniq from gambling lol.

1 facet and 1 uniq ring...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:27 pm 

DankMemes wrote:
muleofal you say the people who already left wont come back and it will be the same people then why should it not be reset? why would we care what people think who arent going to play anyway? im playing now with friends and we think its a good idea

the facets are too good just like the grizzly was too good so it needs a reset end of story

Don't play with the items in question and there's your own reset.

A reset hurts the people who aren't abusing the overpowered items and who don't have a ton of time to play. If I find the post I will post it here - not everyone has several hours per day to play this like some of you mindless zombies. There are plenty of people who may not be far enough into the game yet or who have put in some time and don't want to lose their progress. You think they want to start over?

A reset changes nothing other than making everyone start over. You aren't forced to use the facets or the fire mastery item - find another item to use.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:29 pm 

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13911&p=67850&hilit=bro#p67850

There's the link - if you look at Bro's post and then PureRage's post right after (and a few in that thread), it is an exactly perfect reason why a reset makes no sense.

I personally don't care whether a reset happens or not, because I'm not playing until 1.7 anyways. But in my opinion, a reset does a lot more harm than good to the newcomers and people who don't have a ton of time to put into starting all over again. The community is small enough as is - yet another reset will turn those people away for good, and this will end up being a single player mod.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:38 pm 

What new players are hurt by this? Our group is new players and we would prefer if it's reset. Saying people can just not wear the broken items and pretend they don't exist is silly. When has a game ever done that?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:40 pm 

Hhax wrote:
What new players are hurt by this? Our group is new players and we would prefer if it's reset. Saying people can just not wear the broken items and pretend they don't exist is silly. When has a game ever done that?

So what changes if it's reset? How does that change your experience at all? You have no good answer.

Edit: and if you read anything I wrote - I said people who don't have a ton of time to play and some new players - they do very much suffer. Nobody wants to do this all over again. It's annoying and boring.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:51 pm 

Are you the spokesperson for players who don't have a lot of free time? I am 33 and have a wife and a baby and am an electrician working 60 hours per week. I am level 88 and my friend is 96. I also am in Germany and play with bad ping and less populated hours.

If it is reset then my experience changes by not having broken facets? Is this a trick question or a troll?

Please do not try to speak for everyone and let them vote for themselves.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:59 pm 

Hhax wrote:
Are you the spokesperson for players who don't have a lot of free time? I am 33 and have a wife and a baby and am an electrician working 60 hours per week. I am level 88 and my friend is 96. I also am in Germany and play with bad ping and less populated hours.

If it is reset then my experience changes by not having broken facets? Is this a trick question or a troll?

Please do not try to speak for everyone and let them vote for themselves.

It's not a trick question at all - as I said, you and others who want a reset to remove the items are free to play without them as is - it requires no reset at all. Just play the game without the facets and you're good to go! Want to start fresh with no items and new characters, then delete your account and start from scratch.

Or are you saying you got to level 88 by using the broken facets or by getting rushed by people who have the overpowered items? Because it's an actual option for you to slot something else in those sockets other than a broken facet. In fact, the other physical facet IIRC does NOT have the % sorbs or DR%. Or are you just electing to use the overpowered ones because you cannot do the game without them? Your experience only changes if you are currently using the items in question. If you aren't using them, then what does a reset do for you?

Not everyone is 88 or 96 or even close to that far through the game, and not everyone wants a reset, because not everyone wants to lose his or her progress.

What's so hard to understand about playing without the broken items? Are you that moronic?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:37 pm 

YES

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:55 pm 

this fucking muleofal guy lol. says he doesnt even play and is mad?

i play and want reset

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:23 pm 

i'm not so sure how effective this poll will be given how the last one went. always worth an effort i suppose.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:57 pm 

DankMemes wrote:
this fucking muleofal guy lol. says he doesnt even play and is mad?

i play and want reset

He's been playing this mod for ages. He may not be playing now but whatever. I've been around for most patches since 1.21z. I did take some time away for personal reasons. I for one, have limited time mostly weekends and do NOT want to start over just because of some bugs. I can pick and choose how I play without needing a reset to police my playing.

Those crying for a reset really have little understanding of what this mod was, where it went for a while and where it is now. They obviously never played "casters unleashed" aka 1.3a where any physical char was as useless as tits on a boar. The problem is simple, too many times the pendulum has swung from one extreme to the other. Druids and barbs have had their life bonus skills crushed, the ones that defined them. I'm talking about skills like BO, oak and shapeshift. Bowazons have suffereed due in part to those very nerfs along with some poorly thought out changes to skills like valk and decoy. Now Im reading a proposal from a past modder to crush dodge and avoid into a useless waste of points.

The patch is reasonably playable, it's not horribly broken. A few parts could be tweaked a bit. Fire catapult damage in A5 is over the top if you get stuck. Monblizzard is overkill, at least without mass sorbs. Still, much more playable than a few patches I've played.

That's my two pennies. And yes, I'm playing got a few friends I run with most days when time permits.

Most times when changes are made the casual player is the one to suffer most. Right now the mod is tilted towards a good duo being able to rock on. Wasn't always this easy. I can recall needing 3/4 skilled players to roll passed bosses. No more immunities.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:35 am 

I don't know how this mod used to be but I didn't just fall off the turnip truck either. I've played other mods that have gone through similar cycles. I simply don't like the idea of these facets/wirts/trangs staying in the game, and if 1.7 is not close then I see no reason to not reset.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:38 am 

Fuck it I'm gonna expose the biggest bug/exploit in this patch.

Gorefoot
+30% FR/Walk
+3% Mana Steal
+15-25 Defense
+150-200% Enhanced Defense
+1 to oSkill Leap
+50% Enhanced Damage
+3% Life Steal
1% chance for Crushing Blow
Cannot Be Frozen

If you don't get it you haven't played enough D2.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:48 am 

DankMemes wrote:

im sure others who play a lot like lockdown have them

U wot m8?

Yeah I got a few.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:09 am 

LockDown wrote:

Gorefoot
+30% FR/Walk
+3% Mana Steal
+15-25 Defense
+1 to oSkill Leap
+50% Enhanced Damage
+3% Life Steal
Cannot Be Frozen

1%cb too high?? /s

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:14 am 

Steel wrote:
LockDown wrote:

Gorefoot
+30% FR/Walk
+3% Mana Steal
+15-25 Defense
+1 to oSkill Leap
+50% Enhanced Damage
+3% Life Steal
Cannot Be Frozen

1%cb too high?? /s

My best guess is Leap can be used to buff oskill WW or as a way to avoid essentially any damage?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:31 am 

Yes

I play and want patch

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:07 am 
Game Server Host

Those boots ^^. Someone should link this topic in the LoS thread.

The guy who tried to rig the vote for a reset last time is the one who caused this annoyance. You know who you are, I know who you are, and Ps. Nice job...

If it had been allowed to play out without trying to rig it, an update would have likely been fine by now after a decent amount of time/testing. Duff wasn't against resetting/updating. He was against implementing a third patch in 5 weeks that had as much time spent on it as the previous 2 updates that introduced more issues. .6c should have been available to test without trying to push it through so soon after the previous updates. If it had been requested to be implemented now after some time had passed to identify any more issues that required fixing (such as facets. If .6c had gone through as planned, then we would be looking at .6d and another wipe to fix facets. HNNNNNGGGGGG), it would have been fine but the vote rigging was pretty much a middle finger to Duff and the rest of the community. So RIP.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:20 am 

Yup, there are still things around that are not fixxed and have been discovered after 1.6c was supposed to be implemented.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:50 am 

LockDown wrote:

Gorefoot
+30% FR/Walk
+3% Mana Steal
+15-25 Defense
+1 to oSkill Leap
+50% Enhanced Damage
+3% Life Steal
Cannot Be Frozen

:lol: Level 12 godliness right there. HC anyone?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:19 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
Those boots ^^. Someone should link this topic in the LoS thread.

The guy who tried to rig the vote for a reset last time is the one who caused this annoyance. You know who you are, I know who you are, and Ps. Nice job...

If it had been allowed to play out without trying to rig it, an update would have likely been fine by now after a decent amount of time/testing. Duff wasn't against resetting/updating. He was against implementing a third patch in 5 weeks that had as much time spent on it as the previous 2 updates that introduced more issues. .6c should have been available to test without trying to push it through so soon after the previous updates. If it had been requested to be implemented now after some time had passed to identify any more issues that required fixing (such as facets. If .6c had gone through as planned, then we would be looking at .6d and another wipe to fix facets. HNNNNNGGGGGG), it would have been fine but the vote rigging was pretty much a middle finger to Duff and the rest of the community. So RIP.

What does it take to update the servers? I would assume it's as simple as overwriting the files that the server runs, similar to patching the client? Am I mistaken here?

Facets are bullshit. Sorb shouldn't be on common items that can be stacked so readily. Make a gem with the rarity of a Dscale and you have something you cannot amass in a single day.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:18 pm 

so how many more votes do we need for the reset???

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:03 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:

So RIP.

kekeke

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:10 pm 

No for reset! How many against it?;)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:11 pm 

Is this poll even being considered by the admin? It looks like everyone agrees for an update but is sort of split for a reset?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:53 pm 

I laughed when I saw trang's is fine but phys facets are not...oh my.
I would totally disagree on which should stay if we only get to get rid of one of them. Neither should, but I don't want a reset at all for awhile...at least tile the summer or something.

I am one of those that doesn't have infinite time, or really play in a group. I deleted everything on the switch to 1.6b. NTY for doing it again so fast. I've resolo'd to Baal, with a frenzy barb this time (had to leave after I killed all the minions due to work....Blargh). I had made it to NM Meph before (a lot more easily).

If there is a reset now, I will just wait til 1.7 to come back.

Those that laughed at muleofal for not playin, and essentially being called a random phlub? He is not just some random. A number of us that have/had done modding (or have just been around for more than a minute) highly respect his input.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:37 pm 

Well, Duff told me before I posted that if this is what the community wanted, he would do it.

Nothing about the update requires a reset, but I agree with Angel that it would just be a lot better for the game to have a balanced and fair patch for the remaining months until 1.7.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:45 am 

I would love the next update, with or without a reset i dont mind. But what you have done to black hades ensley, i am sorry but i will never forgive you..i admire and am thankful you have put your time and effort into making a patch and its not easy to please everyone.. but.. why.. also prayer.. and holy bolt.. and removing prayer from holy amulets.. not to mention SOMEONE has to enable auras to stack soon! its been too long and my nuts have been rustled far too long! i vote YES and cheers for the patch too btw <3

Much love,

Bryce.

fix it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:18 am 

Yes for the update. Reset if you want. Last time I voted no, just because the quote from PureRage and couldn't change it later.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:03 am 

oh. Yes for update without reset.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:16 am 

superkamakazi wrote:
I would love the next update, with or without a reset i dont mind. But what you have done to black hades ensley, i am sorry but i will never forgive you..i admire and am thankful you have put your time and effort into making a patch and its not easy to please everyone.. but.. why.. also prayer.. and holy bolt.. and removing prayer from holy amulets.. not to mention SOMEONE has to enable auras to stack soon! its been too long and my nuts have been rustled far too long! i vote YES and cheers for the patch too btw <3

Much love,

Bryce.

fix it.

What was changed with black hades? :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:05 am 

snakzz wrote:
superkamakazi wrote:

Much love,

Bryce.

fix it.

Changed to 1os, chance to cast has been reduced, and some other stuff, but my main concerns are with the changes to barb warcries, paladin prayer and holy bolt, UNSTACKABLE AURAS and some other stuff i cant remember off the top of my head. but mainly unstackable auras.. please.. it makes so many set items and other gear useless for paladins..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:46 am 

superkamakazi wrote:
snakzz wrote:
superkamakazi wrote:

Much love,

Bryce.

fix it.

Changed to 1os, chance to cast has been reduced, and some other stuff, but my main concerns are with the changes to barb warcries, paladin prayer and holy bolt, UNSTACKABLE AURAS and some other stuff i cant remember off the top of my head. but mainly unstackable auras.. please.. it makes so many set items and other gear useless for paladins..

Doesnt aura stack atm?

I am sure they do :S

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:54 am 

You can have multiple auras, but their instances dont stack, they alternate, also auras of the same instance dont stack either, which is frustrating if youve got 2 chars of the same aura build in a game or another char with an aura item, its been like this for a long time...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:58 am 

I'm confused as to what you mean.

I run vigor+salvation on one of my characters, the visual alternates between the two, but they're both always applied.

As to fanatacism on a paladin and a fanatacism aura item on a merc, the stronger one always take precedence if it's in range.

Am I missing something here? The only instance where auras don't work is set bonus auras not working with any other auras for whatever reason.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:01 am 

I stopped playing this patch because of two reasons:

1) it's a bit too easy and too similar to other patches for my own personal enjoyment. There was no new content added and no significant changes other than the removal of immunities. Items were tweaked and changed, but by and large, it's still similar to prior patches. Boss fights are still very similar/the same as before. At this point I'm just going through the motions of playing basically the same thing over and over again for several years. I find myself getting bored after beating normal baal - I have no real motivation to go through the entire thing again only to replicate the experience I have had in 1.5 and prior.

2) The constant changes and resets/threat of another reset. I started playing 1.6 about a week before the first reset. After getting through a good portion of the game, everything was reset. I haven't played with any of the overpowered builds or items available. I have no desire to start over again after just having done so previously.

I firmly believe that a reset doesn't bring new interest into this patch - it changes nobody's experience unless that person is already using broken/overpowered items. I'm pretty certain that the only people who want a reset are the only people still playing this patch - it's not a lot of people. Most everyone else has already moved on and doesn't care whether or not it gets reset. A reset definitely hurts people who haven't achieved their goals for this patch and who aren't abusing facets/gorefoot/trangs/whatever else is out there.

I still don't think this will even be reset or updated - Duff doesn't like constantly updating, resetting, etc. He loses faith or patience in modders when he gets constantly asked to update, reset, etc. Similar situation happened with 1.3 and 1.4. Has he even come out and said he would?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:56 am 

http://imgur.com/bWg2GZa

Looks pretty unanimous to me and leaning towards reset ^_^

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:10 pm 

How about telling us what exactly you are planning on updating before asking for another vote...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:12 pm 

Ensley03 wrote:

Patch the fucking game, dont reset it.

Well reset it and loose even more of the few people that still plays the game.

This is getting more and more stupid by the day.

Wont play more until I know anything, dont wanna "waste" more time if there in an stupid reset soon either way.

Looks like you are trying to run the small community actually playing.

I havent seen any saying they will come back if there is an reset either the opposite, people will quit if there is an reset.

The players that ask for an reset are still playing the game, even tho it aint an reset.

Last edited by snakzz on Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:12 pm 

Minu566 wrote:
How about telling us what exactly you are planning on updating before asking for another vote...

Bruh the notes are here

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13892

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:14 pm 

Last edited by snakzz on Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:29 pm 

Ensley03 wrote:

Wait a minute. So are we just taking polls until we get the response we want? Because that is really the way it seems.

And then, several weeks of saying won't reset if update, and now this...when they img says nothing of the sort.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:48 pm 

Nope, just making a final poll that isn't rigged by bots and people who aren't even playing. Results look pretty different huh?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:55 pm 

Ensley03 wrote:
Nope, just making a final poll that isn't rigged by bots and people who aren't even playing. Results look pretty different huh?

Just don't reset. You'll piss off way too many people.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:28 pm 

Riem821 wrote:
Ensley03 wrote:

Just don't reset. You'll piss off way too many people.

He is just trying to ruin the community even more it looks like.

And he aint even playing himself lol.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:52 pm 

i say yes to updade

and where you get 350k damg for poison zon lol

Attachments:
Screenshot002.jpg
Screenshot002.jpg [ 56.13 KiB | Viewed 50116 times ]
 Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:32 pm 

So is this an update now or a reset? You are throwing around both words 8 pages into a thread.... so much confusion.

Ensley03 wrote:
I'm not going to look like a jackass and create another poll that won't matter, but you go ahead and let me know how it goes. I already pulled off everything I had on Dropbox anyway.

I'm sorry to anyone who dislikes the current patch. I tried my best and unfortunately it took until 1.6c to get to a great patch that will never be realized. I likely won't be posting or playing HU anymore and I wish you all the best.

:oops:

Edit: I'm fine with keeping it as is. A hotfix / update is also what ever. But if an update comes with resetting everything I'm done playing until 1.7. Not in protest but just for inconsistency. I don't want to start over a third time in a few months.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:54 pm 

Ensley03 wrote:

The results are pretty different because the people who voted no in previous polls aren't even voting anymore. It's only the 6 or 7 people who are left playing who are voting.

I really do feel a reset will hurt the community and the amount of players logged on the realm because of what was said by lvl:

lvl wrote:
So is this an update now or a reset? You are throwing around both words 8 pages into a thread.... so much confusion.

Edit: I'm fine with keeping it as is. A hotfix / update is also what ever. But if an update comes with resetting everything I'm done playing until 1.7. Not in protest but just for inconsistency. I don't want to start over a third time in a few months.

2 months time for a 3rd do-over, people get fed up. And what happens if something that wasn't tested is bugged or overpowered in 1.6c? Are we going to reset a 4th time?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:09 pm 

I agree completely - the bots and trolls aren't voting anymore!

There will always be things that are somewhat bugged or overpowered. All that matters is that none of it is game-breaking. Plus I already said before, I'd drive up to Canada and Duff gets to punch me in the face. ;)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:49 pm 

Angel wrote:
I'm confused as to what you mean.

I run vigor+salvation on one of my characters, the visual alternates between the two, but they're both always applied.

As to fanatacism on a paladin and a fanatacism aura item on a merc, the stronger one always take precedence if it's in range.

Am I missing something here? The only instance where auras don't work is set bonus auras not working with any other auras for whatever reason.

Correct set items are the main issue, and its been a long time that they've messed with other auras, for example a holy craft salvation aura along with the players fanaticism aura and isenhearts holy freeze aura, causes shit tonnes of problems yet set item auras are still being implemented when it is known they cause problems. Also the fact of fanaticism overriding the weaker one if you have 2 zeal paladins in hell, both with fanaticism they gain no benefit to each other and for example an amazon using a bow with an instance of fanaticism loses the main benefit of their weapon which is the aura as it doesn't stack with the paladins fanaticism meaning the paladin loses out on being a team buff.

All of that being said, i only mention these problems because if there's going to be an intermediate patch, why not fix a few annoyances. But the idea of constant resetting will have a negative effect on those who have spent the time on pushing through all of the frequent resets, whereas i have only one hell character and a couple hc characters so really, my vote shouldn't count and this is really beginning to become reminiscent of blues patch.

For the time being ensley you should really think about taking votes from only those who have invested a large amount of their time in this ladder or making an informed decision based on those who have been in the community for a long time, as they've seen and experienced what the negative and positive effects are of this constant patching/resetting crap.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:58 pm 

There's 7 or 8 sets I think with auras but the only one that seems to geek out really badly is Isenharts. Sometimes Tancreds and Arcannas. I've noticed relogging fixes it sometimes. I don't think they mess with other auras at all because I've played a Paladin a lot and it never screws my right click aura, it just sometimes toggles its own equip aura off and on sometimes.

I actually thought about changing out some of these auras a while ago for the update but forgot about it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:44 pm 

Just leave it alone until 1.7 or a couple more months. Give duff a break man.

People can play this patch on tcp if they really want to.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:03 am 

I fail to see your allusion to aura though. If you have two paladins, the higher one can run fanat and the other might/res auras.

If you're dumb enough to build a fanatacism bow you probably deserve to have it stripped away when you party with a paladin.

In any case, I highly doubt you realize the ramifications of stacking auras. My might merc literally doubles my damage, imagine having 7 more. And a few paladins stacking damage auras. I'd 1 hit everything on the screen.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:24 pm 

Angel wrote:
I fail to see your allusion to aura though. If you have two paladins, the higher one can run fanat and the other might/res auras.

If you're dumb enough to build a fanatacism bow you probably deserve to have it stripped away when you party with a paladin.

In any case, I highly doubt you realize the ramifications of stacking auras. My might merc literally doubles my damage, imagine having 7 more. And a few paladins stacking damage auras. I'd 1 hit everything on the screen.

Unlike you there are people in this community who don't thrive off exploits, and in my time on the mod i've never seen a full game of the same class, even when one class seems more powerful, why? because people like certain builds and don't play hell unleashed for an easy game, and don't thrive off the exploits of bugs, yet if they did, how would this have an effect on me? it wouldn't.

All of that aside I am no developer and can see having the same aura stacked multiple times is strong, which is where those creating the patch can take the input from the community, in this case me, and devise a way to battle the problem, maybe making a limit somehow to the amount of aura stacks, diminishing returns, or another form that doesn't make having the same build paladin gain no bonus from each other.

That is enough from me flooding this post anyway.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:05 pm 

I doubt you can stack auras with the diablo 2 framework.

But beyond that, people don't flock to imbalanced things? Poison zons, poison necs, cold/fire mastery chars. They're rampant every patch.

Still, with the vast amount of items that exist that create auras, stacking them wouldn't be hard. Even 2-3 convictions stacking would be absurd, you can get them from all sorts of different things. Might auras from mercs, even 1 is fucking absurd.

If you balance them around stacking they'll always be too weak, if you don't they'll always be too strong.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:50 am 

Mrawskrad wrote:
Just leave it alone until 1.7 or a couple more months. Give duff a break man.

People can play this patch on tcp if they really want to.

Someone is making sense atleast.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:26 am 

been playing POE - hit me up on steam if you'd like to play hunter_AS

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:49 am 

Fix Izual area... it's still crashing - a lot.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:14 pm 

before u fix fix fix and make the patch more stupid as it was , then the game was really nice long time ago... before u remove more things like BO , Thorns etc...

getting some server hosters , u cant make even Games

greets

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:15 pm 

how long is this poll supposed to last?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:35 pm 

Patiently waiting for this, would just like to know if it is even going to happen.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:26 am 

Hhax wrote:
Patiently waiting for this, would just like to know if it is even going to happen.

Why dont you play as normal?

It wont be an reset and when its patched nothing will change for your character.

Offline Profile