Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:47 am

Post subject: Auto Party
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:43 pm 

Noticed more and more people using it, against the rules or nah?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Auto Party
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:43 pm 

I don't think autoparty is a problem right now. Autofollow probably should raise a red flag.

As far as this community is concerned, every single nightmare game being passworded when there are none public is cancer and is far worse.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:22 pm 

Riem821 wrote:
I don't think autoparty is a problem right now. Autofollow probably should raise a red flag.

As far as this community is concerned, every single nightmare game being passworded when there are none public is cancer and is far worse.

For sure, its sad to see so few public and open games... :/

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:12 pm 

There are soon no open games left.

Everyone could just play single player or private servers :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:11 pm 

yeah i agree 100% people using cheats should be banned imo , bring back antihack!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:09 am 

I play through the game on private in hell, I don't need to be carrying everyone. However I level in public games and help people when they need it.

MSG LOCKDOWN IF YOU STUCK IN NIGHTMARE BROS

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:29 pm 

Autopp should be built in imo
I'd use it/10 I see no harm
Other than people leeching occasionally

Also sick of the passworded games... Only 1-2 games open at any given time

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:36 am 

Kye7 wrote:
Autopp should be built in imo
I'd use it/10 I see no harm
Other than people leeching occasionally

Also sick of the passworded games... Only 1-2 games open at any given time

Autoparty is shit and way to many use it to try to leech :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:27 am 

Just carried 4-5 people various distances. Need nerf.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:59 am 

Riem821 wrote:
Autofollow probably should raise a red flag.

This. 9.9 out of 10 times autofollow goes along with other shady ATX modules if I recall correctly from my vanilla servers experience. You can pretty much claim that the guys using it are using maphack as well.

And passworded games are coming out of people who don't like to share loot I guess, which is weird since the drop rate of pretty much everything is so high. I've never had problem with decking out (or close to) my characters for the appropriate level/act. The only problem I've encountered with public games is high level characters joining in and rushing their low level characters along with other people. I personally dislike it and ask them to leave or not interfere and that's the only time I end up closing my games.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:27 am 
Game Server Host

D2_Dreamlands tool is in development that comes with built in antihack system. It may be implemented for 1.7 depending on progress and how many adjustments are needed to implement it smoothly.
I don't want to implement a tool that is still deep in development in case the finished plugin will require reconfiguring everything again from the dev version.

http://d2mods.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=62020

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:46 pm 

Dreamland looks pretty cool.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:18 am 

I don't like autoparty because of
Riem821 wrote:
This. 9.9 out of 10 times autofollow goes along with other shady ATX modules if I recall correctly from my vanilla servers experience. You can pretty much claim that the guys using it are using maphack as well.

and
snakzz wrote:
Autoparty is shit and way to many use it to try to leech :)

I personally will play the game through the first time in sp a lot so that I understand where the patch really is. If servers are so full that others cannot make, I either just take a break, or join a public.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:30 am 

I never agreed with the stigma against things like follower/maphack. The advantage they maphack provides is miniscule, all it does is remove large time constraints trying to find things.

Follower is even less of an issue, no one fucking plays, might as well jack yourself off some characters.

I think at this point in the realm banning anyone for hacks just hurts what tiny community we have.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:18 am 

Angel wrote:
I never agreed with the stigma against things like follower/maphack. The advantage they maphack provides is miniscule, all it does is remove large time constraints trying to find things.

Follower is even less of an issue, no one fucking plays, might as well jack yourself off some characters.

I think at this point in the realm banning anyone for hacks just hurts what tiny community we have.

On the maphack part I do agree.

Many other mods and communities allows Maphacks and have actually made their own.

Dont like autoparty tho :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:08 pm 

Auto party is from someone running ATX, which is a followbot program among other things.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:17 am 

LockDown wrote:
Dreamland looks pretty cool.

Hell yeah. I had no idea something like this was even in the works. Looks good to me.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:01 pm 

Angel wrote:

Not banning people for using hacks/cheats is one of the main reasons your community is in the state it's in. However, I agree, 10 years too late to start banning for cheating.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:07 pm 

FuryCury <333

Personally I don't care if some clown wants to beat off in passworded games running 3 characters with autofollow. If we had 50+ active players on at all times then I'd say yeah start banning people.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:14 am 

Ensley03 wrote:
FuryCury <333

Personally I don't care if some clown wants to beat off in passworded games running 3 characters with autofollow. If we had 50+ active players on at all times then I'd say yeah start banning people.

I don't think that should be an excuse for any form of cheating. It will lead you down a path which has no good outcomes.

Ideally, I'd love to go with one strike and out policy. Unless people know you're taking a strong stance on hacking, it leads to people getting curious or greedy about it. ("I'll run some hacks, and if I get caught, I can still try to find a workaround")

Keep in mind, I don't care about cheating if we're talking single player, but in my eyes people who bring that shit online, even stuff as "innocuous" as map hack need to be eliminated. (Not that I've done much research, but I'd wager MH usually comes bundled with other cheating tools, what's to prevent people from using other stuff if you leave the door cracked open?)

Knowing there's hackers floating around and nothing being done about them would demotivate me, and I'm sure a lot of potential realm players.

A strong anti-hacking policy would keep more serious players, knowing that their time is actually worth something when they know their fellow peers are also playing legit.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:01 am 

Quote:
Not banning people for using hacks/cheats is one of the main reasons your community is in the state it's in. However, I agree, 10 years too late to start banning for cheating.

Maybe justify this answer with more information? I'm fairly certain the community is dead because the mod has been pretty played out after 10 years, the only reason I come back is the nostalgia and the ladder resets. The most bullshit things I've personally seen are people who run the servers increasing drop rates and (iirc) someone who patched the game putting in secret recipes. Things like this are truly bullshit, not some random person running maphack, in my eyes anyways.

It's my personal opinion that maphack does nothing. Virtually -every- end game application gives no benefit to knowing exactly where to go, because you already know exactly where to go. All end game farming spots are either scripted(azmodan/belial, samhein), not enough maps that change(nihlthak), or pointless to 'know' where to go because you're there to farm trash anyways(ancients/wsk/tundra). Even if you're doing baal, you're not going to fret over the EXP/drop potential of mobs on the way up, and once you get past a certain point everything is the same way every way.

Certain maphacks like c3p0 massively improve upon the UI of the game, allowing you to easily color code items the colors you want, make certain items not even show up when you hold ALT, all sorts of things that are pretty quality of life. There's a reason most of the private realms allow maphack, even maintain a maphack for their mod, because it's an inevitability. You can't stop people from using it, you will never be able to ascertain if they're using it or not, and most d2 players grew up using it. It's something people want, if you don't like it don't use it, but restricting it is one reason why players don't even attempt the mod.

There are far more bullshit things out there anyways. Ever hear of TMC? Essentially 1 frame cast/attack times on anything you want, completely client side.

Quote:
Keep in mind, I don't care about cheating if we're talking single player, but in my eyes people who bring that shit online, even stuff as "innocuous" as map hack need to be eliminated. (Not that I've done much research, but I'd wager MH usually comes bundled with other cheating tools, what's to prevent people from using other stuff if you leave the door cracked open?)

Knowing there's hackers floating around and nothing being done about them would demotivate me, and I'm sure a lot of potential realm players.

A strong anti-hacking policy would keep more serious players, knowing that their time is actually worth something when they know their fellow peers are also playing legit.

An example of a maphack is c3p0. It'll give you full light radius, vision of the map, projectiles on the minimap, monsters on the minimap, detailed resistances when highlighting monsters, ability to recolor items that drop, fade out items you dont want to see that drop, inspect other players. As I detailed above, none of these are truly change anything that matters. It saves time when you're playing through, but mostly it just provides useful information. There are far more harmful things you'll never detect, the majority of the players on the realm are already closet hacking anyways.

Brute yourself into a private game with multiple characters of the same level, same account. It's not hard, usual passwords are corresponding numbers, q, z, x. I've done it multiple times to find 'big name' players follow botting. Who the fuck cares. Want to make a healer? Good luck ever doing it if you have no one to play with. Most people don't even understand the ramifications of how a followbot works. It's almost always more work than it's worth, but people do it because they love the game, they want to try out new characters despite having no one to play with.

https://gyazo.com/35cafc8cc36cfa3c2a57e7a423fca03f -- this is a screencap of how the realms look all the time now.

Auto party is 99% ATX, which is a follow-bot script used with loader/hackit.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:31 pm 

I'd wager I'm one of the better players on softcore. Never used a hack or bot or any third party program on HU. Don't need it to be good at a video game.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:11 pm 

LockDown wrote:
I'd wager I'm one of the better players on softcore. Never used a hack or bot or any third party program on HU. Don't need it to be good at a video game.

I trained you well :lol: :lol:

HUBESTJOKE

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:22 pm 

Been playing D2 since LoD 1.07 on and off, and never touched a hack or bot.

So to say most d2 players grew up using it, I just want to say is too anecdotal for my taste.

What would be the fucking point? Having a bot play the game for you, that seems boring AF. Hell, half the fun of the game was finding the gear, if you take that away there's not much left. That's part of the reason I never traded with people I never knew; you never knew about the legitimacy of the items you were receiving.

I suppose after reading your sentiment on the maphack, I'm more or less indifferent about it. I mean, I probably wouldn't use it, but since you can never prove others' aren't, what can you really do? (rhetorical)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:38 pm 

Quote:
Don't need it to be good at a video game.

I'd say using leap to make your character invulnerable while letting your aura kill stuff for you is far more abusive than being able to see a map.

But by all means, keep telling yourself that.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:29 am 

Angel wrote:
Quote:

I'd say using leap to make your character invulnerable while letting your aura kill stuff for you is far more abusive than being able to see a map.

You're an idiot. Leap only makes Druids invulnerable with Arctic Blast (channel skills like Flamebellow leap in Vanilla). I zealed my way through LoS keep dreaming Angel. :roll:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:06 am 

LockDown wrote:
Angel wrote:
Quote:

You're an idiot. Leap only makes Druids invulnerable with Arctic Blast (channel skills like Flamebellow leap in Vanilla). I zealed my way through LoS keep dreaming Angel. :roll:

:oops:

:lol: :lol:

And this 1.6c is totaly fixxed and no "bugs" :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:19 pm 

Quote:
I killed all of the bosses leap bugging the druid since I didn't have the patience for it. For the necro I had a 100% curse immune setup so I didn't get the - magic res.

Uh huh..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:34 pm 

Maphack is cheating.

Bowazon? Oh I can see monsters and spam Multishot off the screen... No more Xs on my map... they are dead.

While you can still do that and rely on your leech to show if something is there, MH allwos u to see mobtypes and amounts before u hit it.. effectively able to avoid certain packs. So while you may view it as a convenience thing, it does add an advantage.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:45 am 

Perhaps this could be considered an argument if multires wasn't integrated into the game.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:54 am 

How many of the people that are promoting using maphack even know the patterns to the levels in the game?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:38 pm 

I know Mephisto's Durance is something like clockwise locations with opposite ends for entrances or some shit like that, does that earn me a prize?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:12 pm 

Ensley03 wrote:
I know Mephisto's Durance is something like clockwise locations with opposite ends for entrances or some shit like that, does that earn me a prize?

...something like that, but not really.
Still couldn't find the way down to Countess?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:35 pm 

Most maps are fairly straight forward. I simply choose not to run with those who use hacks. Auto party usually has more to it than that.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:28 pm 

You can literally remake games, go to WP, head upper left following the wall and eventually you'll get a way down for durance virtually instantly.

Catacombs is more straight forward to know the way.

WSK is very straight forward, mostly because in LoD it was the most farmed area.

Doesn't really matter. In progression, getting to the end quicker makes little difference. You're gated by gear/comp/levels, so you'll most likely have to go back and farm.

End game, you're mostly farming things that have predetermined paths because there aren't multiple maps to it. Or you're farming plain areas which don't matter if you get to the end quicker.

If you don't like it, don't use it. But having it as an option will probably draw more people in, which should be considered since this game is a fucking ghost town. Literally like 3-4 games up every time I look, and 75% of those are generally private.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:37 pm 

It's a ghost town because of how this reset and patch were handled, and it's a 10 year old game. I can't blame the people for being in private games, 50% of the player base is ninjas and can't advance without being carried.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:04 am 

Most of the people are in private games running a followbot to get around the fact no one plays.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:59 am 

Angel wrote:
Most of the people are in private games running a followbot to get around the fact no one plays.

This made me laugh. Thanks for the chuckle.

And still the meph run explanation is flawed. This only works for one spawn orientation.

The argument of 'well you don't have to use it' is pretty paltry. Where exactly do you feel the cheating begins?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:32 pm 

I think you're extremely naive if you don't think half of the community isn't closet hacking.

The meph run has multiple speed orientations, that was just an example. Regardless, you can just spam servers until you get it.

I guarantee if you join random private games with people who have the same account you'll get auto partied by the people in the game. Go where they are, they're follow botting. I've done it multiple times since 1.6b, it was more prevalent in 1.5 last time I played because more than maybe 3 games were up at any given time.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:12 pm 

There are plenty, but to throw essentially everyone under the bus is naive.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:33 am 

I would gladly play in public games with others if there were any. I did see a game yesterday, joined it, saw 2 characters in there. Same guy on 2 characters. He died on Juggernaut like 4 times, randomly told me there's another game being created even though I brought him down to around 15% already alone. I decided to check it out, his brand new game had a level 90 in it along with a bunch of way lower than myself characters. Thanks, I don't want any of that.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:25 pm 

When I looked yesterday afternoon the two servers up and running were almost full. There were two mules games, and the rest had unique accounts, leveled appropriately for what they were doing, etc.

There are plenty of folks out there either still learning how to do things, or not caring to learn how to do it, and just resort to making things as easy as possible. I don't remember a time when this was not the case really. A number of things have been done to restrain this, but you cannot cut them all out.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:24 pm 

I didnt say all of them. I said half of them, and this number is probably true.

You will never be able to detect the hacks, in the grand scheme of things they really dont provide that big of a benefit.

Follower is probably the biggest offender in scope and damage, but what are people supposed to do when the community is dead?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:42 pm 

Angel wrote:
Follower is probably the biggest offender in scope and damage, but what are people supposed to do when the community is dead?

Aka, if others cheat, why shouldn't I?

To say they could not be found is not true. What is true is that the old antihack will not be rewritten.

The community has supposedly been dead for over 5 years. It is exactly the same argument used then as now...and yet...here we are with at least two servers full yesterday...and not the 1legit game and 15 followbot games.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:19 pm 

Even blizzard cant find them. The old antihack did nothing. Uou arent finding them, youll never find them outside of admittance which even then can be sarcasm.

Do you even play? I havent seen a kramuti on since circa 1,3

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:24 pm 

Actually, there were a number of things that antihack did catch.
But you are right to some extent about how to get them now. Most of those folks are left alone for good reason. Few that actually like to play the game feel like following or being carried.

Of course I have played...who the hell wrote this? And the rest of the feedback on the start of 1.6?
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13842&p=67149&hilit=A1+NM+thoughts#p67149

oh the reason you may not see me login/out is that I 1)cleared friends list quite some time ago and 2) I haven't played on my main account since we moved to current patch. I restarted from scratch to see where the new baseline actually is.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:46 pm 

You made it to a2 nm?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:30 am 

to NM Meph.
CaptSpanky lvl 75 or thereabouts. Still on the ladder, but the character is gone.

Offline Profile