Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:56 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 84 posts ] 

Update the realm to 1.6c ?
No, leave it as is 38%  38%  [ 20 ]
No, but revert back to 1.5a 8%  8%  [ 4 ]
Update to 1.6c without a reset 9%  9%  [ 5 ]
Reset the realm with 1.6c 45%  45%  [ 24 ]
Total votes : 53
 Post subject: Wondering if I should update to 1.6c ?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:36 pm 
Site Admin

Ensley ask me everyday to update to 1.6c, I told him I will not update since his patch may need another reset and the next time I will reset the realm will be to delete his shit.

Thinking about it, I thought to let the community decide the fate of this patch.

Now, as PureRage said ...
PureRage-DoD wrote:
Just FYI, this is no longer a "hotfix" patch. It's an overhaul that requires a reset to implement correctly. Expect to lose a few players as this will be the second time in less than 6 weeks that they've made some progress only to lose it all.

1.6 was released on Sat Jan 09, 2016
That's only 35 days ago.

1.6b was released on 2016-01-31
That's not even 2 weeks ago.

I don't have time to read the entire 1.6c thread but from what I heard, with 1.6c update without a reset, legacy items can still be abused and some builds may change if skills have been adjusted heavily.

On the other hand, if you choose to update with a reset, there will not be another update until the next full patch (which PureRage, Brevan and some others are working on for the next months).

You can read about the 1.6c patch here : viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13892

Thanks.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Wondering if I should update to 1.6c ?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:54 pm 

The logical answer would be to reset for 1.6c since it is a truly solid update that fixes all broken items/skills, and it will likely be quite a while before PureRage sends 1.7 if he's adding more quests and world content along with old school balance.

I have 6 characters lvl 77-92 and don't really want to lose everything either, but I'd give it up for 1.6c

I'm just sorry that it took this long to get it right. Plus if there are any glaring flaws, I'll drive to Canada and Duff gets to punch me in the face on Youtube. :D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:09 pm 

Still things in 1.6c I don't agree with mainly the gem changes and gamble prices, gamble rates are already low and the price increase on top of that seems overkill. I'm about to do LoS and losing all that progress is annoying.

I don't care either way though as I'll be going to play PoE March 4th.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:19 pm 

Well I'm new but I made a pzn nec and he sucks and its the only char I like I dunno why pzn is shit in this game but it says the fix helps pzn necs os I vote yes

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:10 am 

looks like 3 of the 4 options will result in a reset. so... reset?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:30 am 
Site Admin

Pious wrote:
looks like 3 of the 4 options will result in a reset. so... reset?

2 of the 4 options, the revert is just a suggestion, I will add it to the "leave the realm as is" for the moment.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:32 am 
Game Server Host

1 and 3 wont need a reset, 2 and 4 will.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:04 am 

I spent a week rolling claws for my sin. Thats a couple thousand rolls and I JUST got the jackpot.

Regardless, I already leveled 6 sins this patch and refuse to go through that again. We all originally agreed on a SMALL hotfix. Ensley simply took it out of proportion.

I say leave it as it is, let ensley work on balancing 1.6c some more, and in a month or two, ask again about a reset.

Plus theres a lot of changes in 1.6c that simply are not necessary.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:27 am 

I Found this game on Reddit and enjoy it Lots

IF cheating gold$$$ gets fixed then I will always prefer a game with no cheaters

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:16 am 

1.6c reset.
But let's not rush it. Ensley already updated his patch few times after the original announcement. If it's the last reset/update before 1.7 then better wait for more fixes. Unfortunately I only made to hell so I can't quite yet comment on end game items/skills so I leave it to guys who already are 90+. (lightning sorcs sux btw)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:57 am 

Let me break some more shit real quick eh?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:28 am 

Leave the realm as is for a while.

The 1.6c patch fixes almost nothing gamebreaking except for the fire mastery situation, which isn't even nearly as broken as the bugged bladesins (and that was left on realm for a long while).

That patch still needs a lot of work - there are still so many things that need to be looked over. Caster items that have enhanced damage and life leech, there's one facet out of all of the facets that has sorb and DR added to it for no reason - there were far too many rushed changes without proper testing. And 1.6c still feels like it's being rushed.

The changes proposed to gold, wirts jewels/gheeds, and vendor/gamble costs are so fucking ridiculous. You overbuffed the wirts jewels vendor reduce, not gamebreaking by any means, more just something that speeds up the crafting process (still farming all of those jewels takes quite a long time). So now let's nerf wirts, gheeds into the ground and greatly increase the cost of gambling and gems? Nobody will ever farm wirts or gheeds, and nobody will buy gems anymore. That will eliminate crafting for good.

You really need to put a good 6-8 more weeks of testing and making adjustments before making a reset and updating the realm - because at this point the patch requires the reset. Better to get it right. I think a reset this soon after the other reset will end up killing the realm - most people have played it fully through and will just leave for another mod, and anyone who has put in the time they have and have progressed pretty far will not want to invest that same time again.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:49 am 

I voted to keep it as is.

I appreciate Ensley's work on keeping the game going, but with his track record a reset for some very minor (imo) things is not worth losing all the time people have put in. On top that, more stuff will inevitably pop up and he will be putting us in the same boat within a month of resetting I believe.

Quote:
IF cheating gold$$$ gets fixed then I will always prefer a game with no cheaters

For the record, lockdowns "cheating gold" is far beyond game breaking. Its faster and more efficient to just go farm actual gold than sit in town and use his method. He is just being an attention seeking drama baby like usual :lol:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:50 am 

I'm out until Mraw's patch is in place or Rage's patch

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:24 pm 

Gcanada wrote:

For the record, lockdowns "cheating gold" is far beyond game breaking. Its faster and more efficient to just go farm actual gold than sit in town and use his method. He is just being an attention seeking drama baby like usual :lol:

Literally go kill 1 champ save 5 minutes of my life.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:06 pm 

There is nothing "rushed" about this patch. It has literally sat there for 6 days doing nothing until last night I looked at a few minor things. I will revert the gem cost change so it seems to have garnered negative feedback. I'm also reverting Wirts to 2% and gambling costs. It was a suggestion to make the game more about farming and less about abusing vendors.

Other than that, it's hard to judge things 100% accurately since only 2 people have ever downloaded and tested the data since December. I literally had to just imagine how every scenario played out with a group and I have no previous work to fall back on since this is the first patch using a monster resist cap, making it extremely tricky to adjust items and bosses. The line between "faceroll" and "UNPLAYABLE" is thinner than most people think. So yes, it has taken me about a month to get it right with some actual live feedback as well as my own experience in groups. My approach was "we need stronger bosses with a steeper item curve" to make a monster resist cap work out.

I'm sorry people had to spend time playing, so I could spend time playing, and get some sort of feedback, resulting in 2 potential resets.

I'm surprised the voting was even this close, as anything regarding change in most facets of life will result in negative feedback. I vote no on all propositions regarding change in my city, for example. :P

I wish 1.6c could have been 1.6, as it is a true quality patch, but that's not the way it panned out. I see it as something for us to play with no broken shit until Rage releases 1.7 eventually.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:28 pm 

Reseting now is just stupid as we all know more shit will appear in the future..

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:41 pm 

So... are we going to look at this as 15 people want to do nothing, so we're going to leave it that way, or that out of the total of 31 votes (at this moment), that more than half of them want some kind of reset/update?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:49 pm 
Game Server Host

If the 16 can't agree on an alternative then majority wins. Here in the UK our government got in with a ~35% majority because the other 65% were spread over many other groups. This is why democracy is a joke used to create the illusion of "the will of the people" /rant

That's why votes should be for what you DON'T want if there are more than 2 options. Lowest number wins.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:25 pm 

Yeah it's a pretty loaded poll and it's hard to justify not resetting unless it was a massive landslide of like 30-5 in another direction. Some of the people who voted to do nothing just want to wait to make sure it's done right. I told Duff that the patch is just going to sit there because there's nothing left to test and I seriously doubt anyone is going to discover a terrible flaw and come here with "SEE I TOLD U TO WAIT!"

1.6a was rushed because people said "RESET NOW OR NEVER" 1.6b was rushed because of the grizzly resist error. This is the real patch that has had a lot of time to test and talk with others here and in game about. I just wish everyone else understood that.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:38 pm 

People don't really like sharing feedback with you since a majority of the time you brush it off as a I know better, when clearly and I mean no offense you don't. You had no idea how to get Wirt's Gems or Gheeds lord knows what else you don't know about core mechanics of the game.

I'll tell you straight up you "buffed" immo arrow and the damage went down in 1.6b, you added runewords that didn't work and only found out because I wanted to test one. You broke crafts and existing items increasing the level to ridiculous requirements by fucking with mod levels mid patch. You put oskill fire mastery on an armor thinking it was the shield, which even if it was the shield was still absurd. You made summons not worth 1 point let alone 20 points.

When you say something is done and tested well you said the same thing about the last two patches and that is why people have doubts. People shouldn't have to test every single thing especially if you ignore it and do your own thing anyway. I've been telling you for a week that the gem changes were dumb in 1.6c.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:56 am 

Pretty much everything you've mentioned was due to things being somewhat rushed. I haven't done any work on it today, it's just sitting there unless anyone else has more suggestions for it. If there are no more suggestions, complaints or errors reported then I'm not sure what we are waiting for. The whole list of what it does is right there.

I put a lot of time into testing all of the summons, making sure the updated claw block works properly with FBR, making sure frozen orb works right with the hit delay changes, getting the ele masteries right so none of the trees are OP/UP, all poison skills, immo arrow tweak, etc, and all of the items and the bosses. Just the time spent in Hero Editor alone so I could build the characters for accurate testing was painful. So yeah it's a bit of a shame that it's just sitting there.

I don't know how many more ways to apologize that it took a month to get it right other than saying "here it is."

Last edited by Ensley03 on Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:01 am 
Site Admin

This:
snakzz wrote:
Reseting now is just stupid as we all know more shit will appear in the future..

And this:
LockDown wrote:
When you say something is done and tested well you said the same thing about the last two patches and that is why people have doubts. People shouldn't have to test every single thing especially if you ignore it and do your own thing anyway.

It's like you were reading in my mind.

That said, if people want it, I can pu on a 2 option poll, which will be "Update to 1.6c", yes or no, and if yes wins, then ask with or withour a reset. With 2-3 days between each poll.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:04 am 

Ensley03 wrote:
So yeah it's a bit of a shame that it's just sitting there.

Sounds familiar lol hahaha. Karma?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:17 am 

Mrawskrad wrote:
Ensley03 wrote:
So yeah it's a bit of a shame that it's just sitting there.

Sounds familiar lol hahaha. Karma?

Look how mad this geek is.

Your patch was used, and it would have been used exclusively, except Rage's resist cap addition made it wayyyy too easy. High resist pierce items, bosses designed for immunities, and more linear, low-ceiling gear made it easier than vanilla. The only options were to use 1.5b, or build a 1.6 with the resist cap. The resist cap idea was so well-received that I ran with that. I gave you and Rage all of the credit in the world from the first post.

If you think karma = getting fucked when you try to help a community and humbly admit you are standing on the shoulders of giants, then you can shove that karma up your ass.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:39 am 

Put the polls up 4 options too complex for people.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:54 am 

Lol hu forums are quality entertainment.

Im not mad. I don't even play anymore. It's not even about epeen. everyone knows me and I have nothing to prove. I am just tired of seeing people who don't understand hu try to mod hu and fuck it up. It seems to be a reoccurring theme around here.

Not mad, just sad and disappointed and waiting for 1.7

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:11 am 

Well I know for an fact we will loose people if we are reseting now, think it will be bad for an already small and shrinking community.

I really do want more and more people to play this awesome mod thats hu, but hard when some of them use 1-2 months to get to hell and stuff since they are not hardcore, just to get another reset slammed in their face.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:15 am 

Quote:
Just FYI, this is no longer a "hotfix" patch. It's an overhaul that requires a reset to implement correctly. Expect to lose a few players as this will be the second time in less than 6 weeks that they've made some progress only to lose it all.

1.6 was released on Sat Jan 09, 2016
That's only 35 days ago.

1.6b was released on 2016-01-31
That's not even 2 weeks ago.

buff Duff 500% and Purerage aswell! stop the meaningless updates. looking forward to playing this season 1.6 through and maybe 1.7 once it gets released. ofcourse theres some flaws to the version but most versions have imbalance in some ways.
voted to leave as it is . live with it , we wont stop playing but goin thru reset after reset is too tough for most players. getting more to play would be a great thing, have a nice day.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:26 am 

Ensley03 wrote:
I will revert the gem cost change so it seems to have garnered negative feedback. I'm also reverting Wirts to 2% and gambling costs. It was a suggestion to make the game more about farming and less about abusing vendors.

But do you understand why you are doing this? Does this make sense to you? Its not complicated.

Maybe no res cap shouldve ever been implemented into hu

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:48 am 

I am just tired of the inconsistency with reset announcements. Since summer 2015 there was the ever looming threat of "the patch is almost ready, when I have time it shall come" that kept me from playing and promoting hu to others.
That was some bad communication.
The last month was not only bad communication, it was a broken promise.
Now please let me just play this season, I don't care how broken it is.
I am enjoying it.

To get a better idea of what people want give a second vote for the existing poll or make several polls:
1 Reset season yes/no
2 Update yes/no
3 Update version 1.5a/1.6c

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:32 am 

With the limited time I have to play, you are now asking me to start from scratch a 3rd time in the last several weeks. I get maybe 5-6 hours of free time to play a week.

I voted no reset and leave as is. It's quite disheartening to be asked to start over again. I think you would kill the whole HC community.

I just want to be able to continue to progress at this point. That's what makes it fun.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:32 am 
Game Server Host

The poster above is a perfect example of someone who will suffer most by resetting, and someone who shouldn't have his experience ruined just because a few other people are abusing things.

Hotfix - fine
Reset #3 in 5 weeks - hnnnnnnnngg

Everyone is free to play without abusing bugs, and shouldn't be punished simply because someone else is relying on a bug to do well.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:07 am 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
The poster above is a perfect example of someone who will suffer most by resetting, and someone who shouldn't have his experience ruined just because a few other people are abusing things.

Hotfix - fine
Reset #3 in 5 weeks - hnnnnnnnngg

Everyone is free to play without abusing bugs, and shouldn't be punished simply because someone else is relying on a bug to do well.

This 100%..

Hard to bring people til this game with the last 2 months like this..

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:03 am 

I am in the same position as Bro ^

Personally, I don't think that I will ever come back to HU if there is going to be another reset, maybe on 1.7... And that is true for a lot of players.

Word of advice - on the next patch, make sure that it will have one reset, everything is well tested and documented, just not a mess like this.

I won't allow the time I've spent already to go to waste. Again.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:33 am 

voted no because new players coming back are more valuable than item updates

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:59 am 

Where's the vote for Mraw's patch? :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:11 pm 

hunterAS wrote:
Where's the vote for Mraw's patch? :)

I personally have zero interest in going back to a patch with bugged claws.

I also don't see enough issues with 1.6b to have a reason to want to go back.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:15 pm 

i rather enjoyed the old blade fury :O

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:12 pm 

I found this game on mmocatacombs. My friend and I voted reset because we just started and if it has bugs they should be fixed for new players. It looks like this debate has been going on for a while now. I hope it's settled soon one way or the other.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:13 am 

DankMemes wrote:
I found this game on mmocatacombs. My friend and I voted reset because we just started and if it has bugs they should be fixed for new players. It looks like this debate has been going on for a while now. I hope it's settled soon one way or the other.

Good to see you :)

Just runned into 2 new players last night in act 1 doing smith and leoric, was that you?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:13 am 

Ah this community.... Nothing can please you guys can it? Ensley is trying too please everyone but we all know how life is.... CANT PLEASE EVERYBODY! give him a break let the guy work. FFS I've never see a community complain and bitch so much. AS for the "vets" I'd expect more from you guys. I've been playing with you people for years time come on. 1.6c RESET! if a 1.6d is need to fix a few things so be it! ensley is trying to give us all a good patch. Find a problem with something LET HIM KNOW INSTEAD OF BITCHING!

Ok my rant is over lol. No hard feeling to anyone just sharing my side

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:18 am 

Kodiac wrote:
Find a problem with something LET HIM KNOW INSTEAD OF BITCHING!

I have repeatedly, but he brushes it off and does his own things 85% of the time.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:36 pm 

blade fury fires 3 bolts but don't seem to have nextdelay(which would probbly destroy it due to the massive delay on sentinel)
edit I'm full of crap it's 4 frames.
blade skills seem very op, and according to dan, he has to gimp his heavily to avoid rollover. Maybe a revert to pre buff for the line(including revert to 1 blade 3 sents)? also seems kinda weird to have 6 sents with 20 frame delay instead of 3 with 16, especially if you had a party with others using nextdelay skills:)

Last edited by gews on Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:26 pm 

Kodiac wrote:
Ah this community.... Nothing can please you guys can it? Ensley is trying too please everyone but we all know how life is.... CANT PLEASE EVERYBODY! give him a break let the guy work. FFS I've never see a community complain and bitch so much. AS for the "vets" I'd expect more from you guys. I've been playing with you people for years time come on. 1.6c RESET! if a 1.6d is need to fix a few things so be it! ensley is trying to give us all a good patch. Find a problem with something LET HIM KNOW INSTEAD OF BITCHING!

Ok my rant is over lol. No hard feeling to anyone just sharing my side

The thing is the eternal loops of reset scares away new players and make an already small community smaller.

The ones it will affect are the new ones that trying their best to fit into an new game not the good oldtimers..

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:41 am 

so.. how many of those votes are from accounts made in the last 5 days i wonder?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:09 am 

Pious wrote:
so.. how many of those votes are from accounts made in the last 5 days i wonder?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:10 am 

Pious wrote:

Haha, for sure, retarded.

Well, ensley said we could roll 1.6c without an reset now, so should be no problem anymore.

Get 1.6c and dont reset, just do the upgrade.
IF its ready and we know IT will work without problems ofc...

Last edited by snakzz on Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:45 am 

Pious wrote:

Already talked to Duff about it; people voted for both with many extra accounts so these polls are just being ignored. I think he said 11 voted yes with multiple accounts and I know several voted no as well. The only way to do a poll here would be with a sound off by posting your vote.

snakzz wrote:
Well, ensley said we could roll 1.6c without an reset now, so should be no problem anymore.

Get 1.6c and dont reset, just do the upgrade.

This is too logical for some people to accept.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:25 am 

rip patch then.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:11 am 

I just want to be able to kill stuff on hell with my sorc. First time playing this mod and having my damage cut to half on 1.6b made me go single player.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:41 am 

Gengar wrote:
I just want to be able to kill stuff on hell with my sorc. First time playing this mod and having my damage cut to half on 1.6b made me go single player.

Well sorc are one of the easiest char to kill stuff with on hell lol -_-

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:56 am 

snakzz wrote:
Gengar wrote:

TK and CB was niche, the mastery change lowered sorc damage by quite a bit. Think average loss was about 17-20%~ total DPS.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:12 am 

LockDown wrote:
snakzz wrote:
Gengar wrote:

TK and CB was niche, the mastery change lowered sorc damage by quite a bit. Think average loss was about 17-20%~ total DPS.

Ok, havent played sorc this reset or like ever...

Seems like G is doing fine with hydra tho, or decent?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:40 am 

He lost like 4k damage.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:01 am 

I had 50k tk and now its 25k, I mean, I can clear act1 but can't progress through act3. That's not my point, I made a fire sorc on single player and it works fine. I just want a stable game. this mod is really fun, but most posts here drive new people away.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:02 am 

Any ETA on the patch/reset/no patch? I actually moved to something else in hope a new patch will/not roll out. Let dude just update his shit and get the game going for few months. I got back 2 weeks after the last reset, played maybe 2 weeks and entire time I was hearing about a reset. There's no reason for me to even go online if I may need to start over any hour/day. Haven't played for 3 years, can wait till this is sorted out.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:14 am 

Too many voting bots for both sides, which apparently defaults to "do nothing". A reset for the wonderful fixes would be amazing to use until 1.7 but it would also work as a hotfix update.

Unfortunately there's nothing else I can do.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:51 am 

Just put 1.6c fixes up everyone wins. I miss Paul.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:33 am 

Ensley03 wrote:
Too many voting bots for both sides, which apparently defaults to "do nothing". A reset for the wonderful fixes would be amazing to use until 1.7 but it would also work as a hotfix update.

Unfortunately there's nothing else I can do.

Sec, so this pool is to actually vote for patch/reset? I thought Duff just wanted to see how community feels about these changes, not to actually give the rights to people. Well, damn. That way we won't move on anywhere; over the years guys were bitching about many things: A would kill community, B would kill the mod, C would make game easier, but with every patch mod got more popular and somehow more interesting to play. I don't like giving the right to vote for reset or push patches on to community. It's not a community patch! If I don't like I post it sux. If it's not fixed then I move on. Over the years people haven't changed at all, it's like they're stuck in theirs early 20s/teens
LockDown wrote:
Just put 1.6c fixes up everyone wins. I miss Paul.
Oh, Well I'm playing my steam backlog games. I still visit forums daily and I'm not playing to quit HU.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:49 am 

Yes, this was intended as a be-all-end-all as Duff thought that would be best. It was loaded from the beginning since people who don't even play vote no out of spite, or vote no because it's not 100% exactly the way THEY would do it, or because they want to wait a little longer, or because they're still just mad about 1.6a, etc, plus people made bot accounts to vote for both sides, which Duff seemed to rule as "nothing gets done."

I haven't played in over a week and have no intention of playing again unless it gets reset or updated.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:17 am 

Get on PoE March 4th :D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:34 am 

Pillars of Eternity? :>
yeah, I haven't played any dungeon crawler in a while (grim dawn/path of exile/warframe-not dungeon crawler but heavy grindy tpp) so I might give it a shot since HU is pretty much a big mess right now. I think I prefer regular UPDATES(not overhauls/reverting to earlier versions) and stability these day.
PM me your steam ID(unless you play poe just through their client)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:40 am 

Since nothing will be done here I will be on PoE as well for the March 4th update along with a couple friends from here, playing new HC league.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:44 am 

What is the problem, just do the 1.6c hot fix update.

If it not require an reset, why not just do it?

Everyone will be happy?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:03 am 

Path of Exile wtf is Pillars of Eternity. Grim Dawn looks really good.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:32 am 

Yea grim dawn looks decent. But hu for me until poe

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:08 am 

LockDown wrote:
Path of Exile wtf is Pillars of Eternity.

Damn man...(btw. I installed PoE already)
LockDown wrote:
Grim Dawn looks really good.

Yeah, I only am holding myself back from this game because it was announced it'd come out of Early Access, so that means no more total overhauls of chars. Game is legit.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:32 am 

Yeah GD is awesome. I've got 600 hours on it. Can't wait to mod it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:47 am 

What are we waiting for? Reset it with 1.6c! The poll speaks the truth

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:42 pm 

Kye7 wrote:
What are we waiting for? Reset it with 1.6c! The poll speaks the truth

It AINT getting reseted.

The pool was ruined and fucked up by people cheating with new accounts.

It will be patched with 1.6c but no reset.

I dont help to deliver "fake" votes....

Maybe I just make 20 fake accounts to :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:04 pm 

PoE da best

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:27 am 

Pious wrote:
PoE da best

12 days 11 hours 32 minutes 13 seconds

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:34 am 

WHY are people talking about POE when all we need here is a Reset? Let Ensley do his Patch!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:52 am 

Hhax wrote:
WHY are people talking about POE when all we need here is a Reset? Let Ensley do his Patch!

There is no reset needed for the shitty patch.

How many times must people say it???

I can be implemented without an reset....

The everyone can get what they want, new patch and people can continue with their old chars and wont be fucked over for the third time.

Happy days

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:15 am 
Game Server Host

It defaulted to "do nothing" when people decided to make multiple accounts to fix the vote.

Duff's choice was do nothing from the start. He offered the poll and would have stuck by the poll if someone/some people didn't try to rig it. So the poll is null/void and defaults to Duffs decision that you get 1.6b.

If you don't like it, then you should have taken more time between 1.6a and 1.6b and tested thoroughly instead of 2 weeks between resets because stuff was broken. This could have been the 1.6b patch and would have gone through no problem.

$0.02

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:26 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
It defaulted to "do nothing" when people decided to make multiple accounts to fix the vote.

Duff's choice was do nothing from the start. He offered the poll and would have stuck by the poll if someone/some people didn't try to rig it. So the poll is null/void and defaults to Duffs decision that you get 1.6b.

If you don't like it, then you should have taken more time between 1.6a and 1.6b and tested thoroughly instead of 2 weeks between resets because stuff was broken. This could have been the 1.6b patch and would have gone through no problem.

$0.02

I like it.

The patch is good now as it is for sure.

Atleast until 1.7.

Everything is not perfect, but will it ever be?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:31 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:

$0.02

This is why people who don't play should just stay away.

For one thing, the poll was rigged before it was even made for the reasons I stated earlier.

1.6b was rushed because of the Grizzly resist error that everyone was so anxious to abuse, so what was done had to just be thrown together ASAP. I didn't know it was against the rules to have a 1.6c or I might have waited, but then all we would have had was a bunch of lvl 99 Druids.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:50 pm 

I mean I've seen ladders where we had a bunch of 99 zons, a bunch with fire druids. Everything has its time Druid is still quite strong, I mean you gave them free all res even when not shifted.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:10 am 

LockDown wrote:
I mean you gave them free all res even when not shifted.

lol

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:12 am 

LockDown wrote:
I mean I've seen ladders where we had a bunch of 99 zons, a bunch with fire druids. Everything has its time Druid is still quite strong, I mean you gave them free all res even when not shifted.

Halleluja

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:45 am 
Game Server Host

Quote:
For one thing, the poll was rigged before it was even made for the reasons I stated earlier.

1.6b was rushed because of the Grizzly resist error that everyone was so anxious to abuse, so what was done had to just be thrown together ASAP. I didn't know it was against the rules to have a 1.6c or I might have waited, but then all we would have had was a bunch of lvl 99 Druids.

As opposed to poisonzon unleashed, firedruid unleashed, CI melee druid unleashed (that's an old one but still), bladesins unleashed etc. etc. etc. There is a favored character almost every patch. It should have been left alone until people got over the "ermagerd I kill all the thingz", and took a look at other things.

The poll wasn't rigged before it was made. It was rigged when people decided they didn't like the way the vote was going so don't expect to get another similar poll again. You get what you are given, like it or not and Duff will have final say.

If it was just grizzly fix in 1.6b (no reset, simple fix) then it would be fine. Instead, it was reset after 2 weeks that was hastily thrown together, so minimal testing and more bugs/issues were discovered after the fact. 1.6c would have gone through np if b hadn't been a reset 2 weeks after a. Then 3 weeks later another reset was announced/requested. As soon as that happened, everyone lost faith. 3 patches including 2 resets in the space of 5 weeks is not a good way to reassure people their build won't get ruined every 2-3 weeks.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:01 am 

Yup,

I for one is having the most fun with this patch that I have had.

Firedruid unleashed and Poisonzon unleased was way more retarded and unbalanced then the one we are having now. And people played them for months and had lots of fun.

This patch have opened up for many new viable builds atleast.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:59 pm 
Site Admin

Since multiple fake accounts have been created in order to vote the 4th option, the realm will stay as is. Topic closed.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 84 posts ]