Infinite Gold and Gems.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Broke The Game
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:28 am 

Oh boy.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:26 am 

Yeah I figured this may happen eventually but was hoping it wouldn't be this fast. :cry: With the oskill fire mastery error, vendor redux problem, and rare/unique tweaks, we would need a 1.6c reset. I've played a lot too and don't want to lose what I have, but it is better to have a 100% awesome patch for the next 8-12 months, than ride this one out with a few glaring issues that can't be hotfixed. Plus the "hype" from the D3 season will be dying down and people will come back for a solid reset.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:28 am 

If gambling or %gold find was a new thing in this patch you would say be saying the same thing.
The game isn't broken. Gambling or crafting have always been powerful methods to get items, in vanilla and even more so in hu. I made a goldbarb last season and I will make one next season as well. You might think that the mechanics are lame but they are a part of d2.
Last season I could ~12 crafts from one inner cloister run (nm 30seconds).
This season I can make ~200 crafts from one run (hell 80 seconds).
So this allows me to spam craft, but crafts have been tuned down quiet a bit. With some pieces it is easy to get something decent with others it will take hundreds or thousands of rolls and take a freaking long time. Just the way it always has been.
With the gold buff more people will seriously start crafting and I am really looking forward to all the crafts people will get. It will mean a lot more individual gear.

The most broken jewel is another one:
+50% Enhanced Damage
+40-50 to Max Phys Damage
+3% Cast Level 50 Psychic Hammer on Struck
+2-3% Absorb Elemental Damage
+3-4% Resist Phys

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:57 am 

You don't understand, I don't have to kill a single mob to get gold.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:06 am 

Ensley03 wrote:
Yeah I figured this may happen eventually but was hoping it wouldn't be this fast. :cry: With the oskill fire mastery error, vendor redux problem, and rare/unique tweaks, we would need a 1.6c reset. I've played a lot too and don't want to lose what I have, but it is better to have a 100% awesome patch for the next 8-12 months, than ride this one out with a few glaring issues that can't be hotfixed. Plus the "hype" from the D3 season will be dying down and people will come back for a solid reset.

Or not your patch. Your head is in the right place trying to get HU again but this is just ridiculous. Most of the item changes dont make ANY sense. Youve ruined charactors with your hotfixes, you want to have legacy items when something goes wrong. And now youre asking for a reset to put ANOTHER one of your patches on. Theres already been a reset this patch not even a month ago. Another reset for your patch is just insanity. You had no idea this was going to happen, you didnt even know where to get wirts jewels. The rare "upgrades" dont make any sense, along with the crafts. This is a complete nightmare.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:22 am 

LockDown wrote:

I have 100% vendor prices reduced but still have to pay.
500 for a jewel 58k for a moonstone.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:35 am 

ao2005 wrote:
Or not your patch. Your head is in the right place trying to get HU again but this is just ridiculous. Most of the item changes dont make ANY sense. Youve ruined charactors with your hotfixes, you want to have legacy items when something goes wrong. And now youre asking for a reset to put ANOTHER one of your patches on. Theres already been a reset this patch not even a month ago. Another reset for your patch is just insanity. You had no idea this was going to happen, you didnt even know where to get wirts jewels. The rare "upgrades" dont make any sense, along with the crafts. This is a complete nightmare.

This is something I've been thinking about but is complicated and not a ninja fix. We can't use old items without nerfing allllllllllll the bosses or the game won't be beatable. We can't revert the items and the bosses without considering that we have a resist cap. Most people prefer the resist cap, but the game would be too easy, which means we need the harder bosses, but the items might not fit. I'm telling you, if we just plug the resist cap string into 1.5b it will be easier than vanilla.

The only realistic options are to perfect 1.6c, which it nearly is, or use 1.5b and have immunities again. They are both pretty safe solutions.

1.6c has less op rares, more balanced elite uniques, fixed summons/sorcs, and no more broken items. I've also gotten rid of level 100+ crafts.

1.5b is probably a very solid patch as well, and we could try the updated tougher bosses with the resist cap in that patch but it might not work.

I spent 2 weeks balancing bosses with resist cap, and it shows because nobody has ever really complained about the bosses, just the items.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:03 am 

Minu566 wrote:
LockDown wrote:

I have 100% vendor prices reduced but still have to pay.
500 for a jewel 58k for a moonstone.

Not going to explain it, but I don't have to kill a single monster also vendor caps @ 95%.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:28 am 

Sure you can buy and resell but with the resell cap at 100k it's a lot quicker to just go kill a few champs.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:30 am 

Quote:
With the oskill fire mastery error, vendor redux problem, and rare/unique tweaks, we would need a 1.6c reset.

Fire mastery is easily fixable, just remove it from the item. You take it for granted that everyone has trang's armor. If it breaks someone's char, so be it, it's better than reseting everyone before a 1 month mark.
Vendor redux problem, man, just ignore this, it was that way for years. buy sell buy sell.
Uniqs/rare - years ago we had similar changes mid patch and noone suggested a reset. Again, not everyone found every item in the game.
Quote:
Sure you can buy and resell but with the resell cap at 100k it's a lot quicker to just go kill a few champs.
That's correct.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:21 am 

Personally I don't want to see another reset so soon. Way this is going, reset will happen and some other "OP" character will be discovered or bug will pop up and we will be in the same boat.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:42 am 

Not everyone is farming wirts jewels, such a huge advsntage to be able to craft unlimited stuff for free. Wirts jewels used to be -2%. I mustve not played the patch with the buy and resell

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:00 pm 

Reset isn't necessary, at all for this or any problem.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:42 pm 

I remember when wands could be used things break things in act1 normal...and that was from at least 1.21f to as late as 1.21z.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:44 pm 

LockDown wrote:

Infinite Gold and Gems.

Just now learning of "fools"? Welcome to HU.

though don't have much faith in melee characters right now, with the huge CB nerf physical melee characters may as well be hitting bosses with a cardboard sword and it doesn't appear the damage boost from str has helped alleviate that.

Offline Profile