Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:30 pm

Post subject: Crafting Unleashed?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:13 am 

The more I'm finding the top end items the more I find them seriously lacking. Seriously. +1 on Griffs? +1 Kiras? Why are these items worse than anything I can craft, and crafting isn't hard Moonstones cost me 2 Million at the moment and I'm still missing 6 wirts. When was all of this changed?

It just feels like I'm farming for the occasional 95 drop and gold.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Crafting Unleashed?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:35 am 

Ubers can drop some of the best items. Runewords can be pretty amazing, and I've never found a zod on HU. Crafts should be able to be some of the strongest items in the game if you get amazing rolls. Also, 2m for moonstone? That's a pretty insane amount of vendor cost redux...I never find Wirts. :(

Last edited by Ensley03 on Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:38 am 

Ensley03 wrote:
Ubers can drop some of the best items. Runewords can be pretty amazing, and I've never found a zod on HU. Crafts should be able to be some of the strongest items in the game if you get amazing rolls. Also, 2m for moonstone? Aren't they 6m?

I've found 6 Zods in my time playing HU I've also rolled 25-30 Zod Runewords. Nihl runs are easy. I'll get MS for less than a Mill soon enough.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:40 am 

Top end items - 95/ zod rws are still amazing and give something to farm for, but imo lockdown is right. the gap between 80-90+ uniques and crafts seems like a lot (like his mentioned griffs/ kiras). Getting a group together and pushing for a boss and the drops he gives should yield better items than me running gold find and crafting better stuff.

Why farm bosses when you can stack wirts and craft better gear?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:45 am 

Well first you need the Wirts, and I think I've only ever found 2-3 per season since I started playing. I didn't even know stacking Wirts was a real thing. Never found a Gheeds. Am I just that unlucky? I got 97 last season plus several alts and found 2 Wirts.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:47 am 

Ensley03 wrote:
Well first you need the Wirts, and I think I've only ever found 2-3 per season since I started playing. I didn't even know stacking Wirts was a real thing. Never found a Gheeds. Am I just that unlucky? I got 97 last season plus several alts and found 2 Wirts.

lol. you don't even understand the game :shock:

wirts drop from norm cowking and gheeds drops from nm cowking

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:18 am 

Like Mrawskrad said, it's not about finding wirts, you just grind for cowlvl parts ,just kill the cowking and get a wirt, rinse and repeat.

I agree with OP, most uniques are kinda lacking skills on them.You can get +4tab on circlets fairly easy with 55lvl req. Why would you even use anything other than that if you're running a caster. Maybe for norm/nightmare uniqs are fairly balanced, but for hell one they just look weak compared to what rws/crafts can offer.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:35 am 

lol, yeah I didn't know those just come from cowking.

As far as the elite uniques, many of the helms are very good, some are improved over what they used to be. Andys, and the caster helms (Steelshade wasn't even in the game before, for some reason) and especially CoA. The elite sets are pretty damn good too.

If you come up with a great +4 rare/craft and have the dank jewels/facets for it, what you end up with is a special item that no one else has.

I think one of the issues is it's a bit overpowered that you can just reroll crafts now and don't need to find the base item again, as that is part of what required more treasure hunting, rather than just recycling the same item until you run out of gold for gems. This should probably not be put in any future updates.

Last edited by Ensley03 on Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:54 am 

Someone can't do math. Wirts op.
My moonstone costs 58396 8-) 8-)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:57 am 

Minu566 wrote:
Someone can't do math. Wirts op.
My moonstone costs 58396 8-) 8-)

Gotta farm out 10 more only have shield and helm filled at the moment with 20% Gheeds and 9% Lust.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:07 am 

I got a total of 100% redecued vendor prices idk why I still have to pay :/

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:14 am 

Ensley03 wrote:
I think one of the issues is it's a bit overpowered that you can just reroll crafts now and don't need to find the base item again, as that is part of what required more treasure hunting, rather than just recycling the same item until you run out of gold for gems. This should probably not be put in any future updates.

Every base item can be bought from vendors, so that treasure hunting is new to me. You only grind for elite gear on nm if you want to.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:39 am 

Yeah but those vendor items are often very expensive until you have all those Wirts. I also wouldn't be against making it so vendors don't sell elites anymore either.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:30 am 

Ensley03 wrote:
Yeah but those vendor items are often very expensive until you have all those Wirts.
Gold was never a problem, char specific items were but that they were added as community wanted to make crafts less tedious.
Quote:
I also wouldn't be against making it so vendors don't sell elites anymore either.
You got it all wrong. This is not a topic about why crafts are better than uniqs; crafts are ok as they're now (whole buying/cubbing them).
They're end game so it's natural that they can spawn with crazy stats. Just elite uniqs are lacking some serious power(for casters at least), they're like carbon copies of exceptional items.

Last edited by Steel on Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:38 am 

They aren't that bad lol but they can be improved some if that's what people want, which would leave less-good legacies.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:15 am 

Ensley03 wrote:
They aren't that bad lol but they can be improved some if that's what people want, which would leave less-good legacies.

They are terrible and utterly lacking. Not sure why items were tweaked so much in all honesty, sure Pierce should've been adjusted with the res cap but seriously. Darkfear is destroyed, I sold a Griffs to Akara I left 3 Kira's on the ground.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:43 am 

Quick examples of items that don't make sense.

+2 to Sorceress Skills
+30% FCRate
5-10% Pierce Enemy Fire Resistance
5-10% Pierce Enemy Cold Resistance
5-10% Pierce Enemy Lightning Resistance
+10-15 Energy
3 Sockets

+3 to Sorceress Skills
+25-35% FCRate
10-15% Pierce Enemy Fire Resistance
10-15% Pierce Enemy Cold Resistance
10-15% Pierce Enemy Lightning Resistance
2 Sockets
+25 MP per Kill
+50% Regen MP
+10-15% Resist All
+2-3 to Enchant (Class Only)
+2-3 to Frozen Armor (Class Only)
+2-3 to Telekinesis (Class Only)

Which one of those is the level 60 and which one is the level 75?

The better one if the Level 60 one, sure with 75 you get an extra socket but you lose 5 pierce and a skill.

+200% Enhanced Defense
+3 to Summoning Skills (Druid only)
+1 to oSkill Teleport
+30% FCRate
3 Sockets
+1-2 to Summon Grizzly (Class Only)
+25-35% Resist All
5-10% Reduced Cursed Duration
+200% Enhanced Damage
+25% chance for Deadly Strike

This is a level 65 Helm for Summon Druids, why does it have deadly strike and enhanced damage? The Runeword helm couldn't even get oskill teleport yet a level 65 helm has it.

+400% Enhanced Defense
+15-25% Resist All
+40% FCRate
+60% Regen MP
+40% FHRecovery
5-10% Pierce Enemy Poison Resistance
+20% Life Steal
+5 to Druid Skills
2 Sockets

This has 20 life leech still for god knows why also lost a socket on a level 95 item which is super rare.

+50% FCRate
+50% Regen MP
5-10% Pierce Enemy Lightning Resistance
+50% MP
+5 to Sorceress Skills
2 Sockets
+15-25% Fire Damage
+15-25% Lightning Damage
+15-25% Cold Damage
+20 to oSkill Whirlwind (lol?)

Why does this have whirlwind?

+30% FCRate
+1 to All Skills
+8-14% Lightning Damage
+8-14% Fire Damage
+8-14% Cold Damage
+8-14% Poison Damage
+33% Resist All
+10% MP
2 Sockets
3-5% Pierce Enemy Magic Resistance

This thing is shit now.

+150-250% Enhanced Defense
+1 to All Skills
+10-15% Resist All
+10-15% FCRate
2 Sockets
+10% Cast Level 12 Amplify Damage2 on Strike

Ah FCR and CTC Amp useful.

+100% IASpeed
+25-35% Resist All
+15% Cold Damage
+2 to Druid Skills
+10% Absorb Cold
+4 to Hurricane (Class Only)
Level 12 Holy Freeze on Equip
+4 to Hunger (Class Only)
+350% Enhanced Damage
2 Sockets

Guess this isn't end game frostbite wep anymore since it lost a socket.

Lots of examples that make me scratch my head and wonder why I would ever use them ever when there are better alternatives. Item balance makes no sense to me this patch the more I play it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:11 am 

Some items are strange and need adjusted as they always have. I don't know why there's a sorc orb with WW, I saw that too. I'd have no problem fixing this and tweaking rares but that would require a reset, and though that might be best in the long run, a lot of people would freak out.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:12 am 

Quite a few of these were in before Ensley's patch changes, and even before Mraw's patch. Some things just get skipped over or overlooked - there are far too many uniques and items as is, and things like WW fall through the cracks.

There are some real head-scratching changes to uniques though. Why does griffons have only 1 skill? It's useless like that, might as well be a level 50 helm as is.

At this point, with the patch as is, and how far a lot of people are into it, better to leave it be and have a clean slate for 1.7

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:16 am 

why are you our modder

who allowed this!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:47 am 

Ensley03 wrote:
I don't know why there's a sorc orb with WW, I saw that too.
Years ago guys wanted to make a melee sorc. She had skills that boosted her dmg/def/ar, masteries boosted ele dmg from items/charms, pierce helped a lot but she lacked any good skill, so Zeal was added to the samhain's charm and ww to some rws.
If you look at it now it makes no sense but really it was a big deal for few guys.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:51 am 

Did they forget that Sorc orbs only have a 1 range adder and need weapon IAS? :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:54 am 

it was changed as well, as ww didn't work correctly. enchant gave ias or life leech, don't quote me on that, but it was made possible.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:47 pm 

I would add that there was a move quite some time ago to make things like Griff's be not the only thing to wear at high levels.

With the overhaul to rare treasure classes it makes it look a lot worse. The overall quality of rares (and therefore crafts) is a lot better than it has been previously, and this just makes things look even more funny.

Mass gold is even easier to get than in the past (350k drops from champ beserker in NM with only 100GF for instance). Plus mass gambling of jewels, permavailability of higher tier gems, class items being at vendors makes it much easier to craft than the older patches.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:58 pm 

Crafting has always been easy, making a GoldFind character took very little investment and farming wirts is honestly just a time thing and what you're willing to grind.

I must of missed this push for items to be changed in a way. Just feels unsatisfying to farm for items except 95s because everything else as a caster is about useless.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:30 pm 

Bitches don't know about my melee sorcs(tbh never really made a viable one, but they are fun for trash until you level up mid WW). I remember making dimensional orbs have a -50 base speed, and 3 range. Could be wrong though it's been years.

I recall using those +1 caster crafts helms over any uniques on sorceress' as I just couldn't pass up a good +3 tab,20+ str/dex or 100+life, 20-30 res all craft. +3 griffs was pretty good for non-sorc elemental builds. Don't mind me though, as I'm so out of date with the current patches and mostly reminiscing.
ao2005 wrote:
why are you our modder

who allowed this!

It is a bit odd, considering the guy doesn't seem to have a great grasp on HU's mechanics as a whole. I was shocked to read in the other thread he didn't even know where Wirt jewels and Gheeds came from, not to mention the the item changes. I'm definitely excited to see what 1.7 has in store down the road though. Purerage and Brevan are beasts when it comes to modding, and both know the mod extensively.

I really don't want to shit on Ensely too much though because it's obvious his heart is in the right place, and everyone has a different view on how HU should play. Hell my mod of HU is a fucking mess of unbalances but it was mostly a pet project to learn to mod. I enjoyed making it and playing it solo/TCIP with friends, but I would never release it with the intention of an official patch. Too many people that are way better than me at making a well rounded patch. I should have played Mraw's versions more as they seemed well implemented, but never really found the time or inclination. Cool to see a lot of familiar people still playing HU; I really should hop back on for a season. Just realized I'm rambling now and not really staying on topic so good day to you boys.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:47 pm 

Yes dimensional orbs are -50 and range 3 for melee enchant sorcs. I.wish I had more time to play and mod. All I have time for these days is judging the rest of you on the forums. Hahaha

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:39 pm 

drrod wrote:
stuff

Long time no see :lol:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:22 am 

ao2005 wrote:
why are you our modder

who allowed this!

LMAO, Guess !
Me and a few others had warned you long ago, but not only you people chose to ignore us, but you bluntly kept licking the hijackers ass, so YOU GET EXACTLY WHAT YOU DESERVE, a Crap Unleashed with no music and shit.

Who allowed to release a such JOKE as the 1.4 patch some years ago, the worst patch ever, in which the troll modder didn't even had the balls to credit himself ? You didn't care... So the shit goes on and on, it's completely logical, right ?

This new modder Ensley03 is just a pawn. It was obvious he didn't know the game, you just had to read his posts to see that, way before he got handed down the mod. I believe he, like the 1.4 anonymous modder, are being used for the power seeking modder in chief. You know, the guy who slander people around and says stupid shit all over the place. He would use them, because displaying incompetent modders makes you shine in comparison, and assure you some popularity among the populace in the long run. And although I'm very skeptical about Mrawskrad's modding approach, he seems to have been a threat and got thrown out by an "unlucky combination of circumstances", isn't it strange. THAT could make sense, right ?

In the end it's still YOU people who allowed all of this with your silence or your full complicity. Criticizing stupid assholes is so bad, at least you kept being "positive", enjoy this joke of a waste of time and smile some more, positiveness in your ass, yes ? This mod could have been so much more, what a waste :/

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:14 am 

Tsume wrote:
ao2005 wrote:
why are you our modder

who allowed this!

LMAO, Guess !
Me and a few others had warned you long ago, but not only you people chose to ignore us, but you bluntly kept licking the hijackers ass, so YOU GET EXACTLY WHAT YOU DESERVE, a Crap Unleashed with no music and shit.

Who allowed to release a such JOKE as the 1.4 patch some years ago, the worst patch ever, in which the troll modder didn't even had the balls to credit himself ? You didn't care... So the shit goes on and on, it's completely logical, right ?

This new modder Ensley03 is just a pawn. It was obvious he didn't know the game, you just had to read his posts to see that, way before he got handed down the mod. I believe he, like the 1.4 anonymous modder, are being used for the power seeking modder in chief. You know, the guy who slander people around and says stupid shit all over the place. He would use them, because displaying incompetent modders makes you shine in comparison, and assure you some popularity among the populace in the long run. And although I'm very skeptical about Mrawskrad's modding approach, he seems to have been a threat and got thrown out by an "unlucky combination of circumstances", isn't it strange. THAT could make sense, right ?

In the end it's still YOU people who allowed all of this with your silence or your full complicity. Criticizing stupid assholes is so bad, at least you kept being "positive", enjoy this joke of a waste of time and smile some more, positiveness in your ass, yes ? This mod could have been so much more, what a waste :/

Not necessary, bud ;(

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:08 am 
Game Server Host

Tsume wrote:
ao2005 wrote:
why are you our modder

who allowed this!

LMAO, Guess !

#tinfoilhat

You have an unfamiliar modder because:
1: Nobody else stepped up. (Why didn't you grace us with your amazing balancing/modding skills?) If you didn't like 1.6 then you should have spoken up. As it is, only 2-3 people actually looked at the patch for a few seconds or less as nobody even noticed that every unique was OP. I didn't bother looking at any of it because I haven't played any version since 1.4 and I only played that for ~2 weeks before I got tired of it and quit. It's hard to comment on what is/isn't OP without being familiar with anything that's changed in the last 2-3 years.
2: Everyone who is familiar with modding and HU in general got tired of reading shitposts like the one above so they moved on and stopped caring about what was being changed. So a large % of the playerbase is unfamiliar with how HU played originally > your pool of people who can mod gets smaller and smaller. People like you are actually the problem.

5+ years is a long time to be nursing butthurt man. Whatever your problem is, let it go and move on instead of seething in a pit of anger and nerd rage. It's not healthy.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:30 am 

Lol wow

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:49 am 

If only I had known I was just a pawn. All this time I thought my life had meaning. FeelsBadMan

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:11 am 
Game Server Host

Mrawskrad wrote:
Lol wow

It's true though. If the mini arimyth civil wars hadn't broken out there would be more people interested in the current live patch, able to have reasonable discussion about issues and fix them before it went live.
Instead, most of those guys just stuck with an earlier patch and made adjustments for themselves/friends to tcp/ip with and gave up on the live version or quit altogether.

I'll freely admit I'm guilty of being an argumentative ass over the years too, but continuing to breed hostility isn't going to bring us any closer to a solution.

Ensley took the initiative when there had been no patch for a year. He made changes he thought were good, but had very few people to get feedback from because everyone who was highly familiar had simply stopped playing. Nobody said "don't put that on the realm, X isn't balanced because Z".
By the same token though, now people are actually playing, feedback should be taken on board by the modder, be it Ensley, or whoever decides to make the next patch based on 1.6.

If your neighbor says to you:
"Hey your car is blocking the sidewalk, could you move it in a little so we can get past with the pushchair?"
or
"Hey your car is blocking the sidewalk, are you stupid? You need to move it in ffs. This is why idiots shouldn't be allowed cars"

What one is more likely to get you to move the car?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:15 pm 

Ensley I appreciate you stepping up to mod, and anyone who modded this game. I mean you didn't have to but you took your free time to make changes and try and balance the game. I appreciate everyone who's tried but the common theme between everyone has been that they can't take criticism if it interrupts the grand vision they have of how this game is supposed to be. Could people maybe pose that criticism it in a nicer way? Sure but this community is full of teenage girls pining for something that won't happen. We're playing Diablo no such thing as a perfect patch something is always going to be OP or UP just do your best to fix it and move on.

Every time I post something it isn't because I think it's the end of the world or anything like that. I post it so it can get fix for a future version, I don't need a hotfix every week or a reset every month because we discover something new, or something is bad.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:29 pm 

LockDown wrote:
Every time I post something it isn't because I think it's the end of the world or anything like that. I post it so it can get fix for a future version, I don't need a hotfix every week or a reset every month because we discover something new, or something is bad.

As a new player trying to bring others into the HU community it makes it h̶a̶r̶d̶ impossible to introduce people when they hear rumors of resets over every discovery. I understand the want to make this a 'perfect season' but that isn't going to happen. There are always going to be bugs or advantages that someone will find and attempt to abuse. Be it a class/skill advantage or an unintentional way to craft. It's just the way things work. Make notes of them and fix them next season when everyone starts fresh. Just my opinion though...

I understand most have been playing this mod for years as this server does have quite the clique. So, my opinion might weigh less on this.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:37 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
It's true though. If the mini arimyth civil wars hadn't broken out there would be more people interested in the current live patch, able to have reasonable discussion about issues and fix them before it went live.

I'll freely admit I'm guilty of being an argumentative ass over the years too, but continuing to breed hostility isn't going to bring us any closer to a solution.

"Hey your car is blocking the sidewalk, are you stupid? You need to move it in ffs. This is why idiots shouldn't be allowed cars"

it aint called hell unleashed for no reason!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:31 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:

I think we're all guilty in some form or fashion. That includes me. I do agree, we need to come together and respect all view points. Yes, some are more valued, but usually most have some merit.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:20 pm 

I would like to take a minute to remind people of what has been done since Soulmancer left in the good column...even admist all the insanity that patches bring.

-Hi resolution
-Soumancer quest
-Removal of revus (up to hard coding and still don't work..something asked for for a long time by a lot of people at least).
-Town return without being abusable on bosses
-Quest associated with town return
-Isolated Purgatory fix
-Much more detailed character screen
-Filetree for those that don't have disks, and loader at least being wonky as hell to get working
-Plugy working for SP
-Several versions of client side edits for performance and looks
-A nearly complete database that has been updated numerous times
-New Programs to view items, and to check files for consistency. (these are VERY new).

I have forgotten some I am sure.

For all the shit we sling in this community, those that have modded this since Soulmancer sat down the reigns have done some astounding things to this game.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:48 pm 

ao2005 wrote:
why are you our modder

who allowed this!

Lol @ the witch hunt.

Not like the recent patches have been overly amazing or without fucking up plenty of things. We just need Chuck and Sandy's kids to grab HU by the horns and set it straight. :mrgreen:

though don't have much faith in melee characters right now, with the huge CB nerf physical melee characters may as well be hitting bosses with a cardboard sword and it doesn't appear the damage boost from str has helped alleviate that.

Offline Profile