Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:21 am

Post subject: Is there a newer Solo version than 1.21? 1.6 for solo?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:10 pm 

Hi guys, I really must say Hell Unleashed the mod is so awesome! Thank you for creating this mod it really made me play Diablo2 LoD again and made it really challenging to get to hell act5 and defeating Baal.
Currently I'm playing the 1.21 solo version of this mod(act5 nm druid lvl 89) because it was the only version I found online to download for solo. I'm a student and do not have so much time to play this mod that's why I'm not playing online on your server. I now saw that there is a 1.6 version of the mod, but I really have no chances in playing it multiplayer. So, I really would love to play the newest version of this mod because I bet it's even better than 1.21.

So, these are my questions: Is there or will there be a solo version of 1.6? I mean where monsters do not have too much life like in 1.21 solo and where tp scrolls can be dropped like in 1.21? Or is there anywhere another solo version existing to download? And if there is a newer version could you post me a download link? (and please a file without a virus)

It doesn't have to be 1.6, sure it would be cool if it was but I think I would be happy with any newer version than 1.21.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Is there a newer Solo version than 1.21? 1.6 for solo?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:58 pm 
Game Server Host

I'd suggest trying the current version as it's suited to very small party play and monsters max res is set at 75 so no more immunes. TP scrolls have been replaced with a book dropped by leoric. That's also used to enter level capped challenges to add a small bonus to your book.

If it's still a bit difficult, post back here or PM me.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:33 pm 

With certain builds you should be okay solo in 1.6a - it will be rough in certain places - and you're probably going to want to incorporate Plugy just so you can actually store gems/runes/sockets/etc, plus gear for alts.

Things like shield tanks, hydra sorc, bow zon, poison nec and some others should be decent.

I'll put the link to setup Plugy in the 1.6a download post.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:49 pm 

Alright! Thanks for the fast reply!
I'm going to test it during my semesterbreak in the second week of feburary.

I do not know what has changed in 1.6, but ehm I just have a slight modding idea that you could put into this mod to make it only slightly better. But with better, I of course just mean my opinion. Maybe you already have done it.
So my idea is:

In diablo 2 classic I really enjoyed that rare items were the best items of the game. I mean it gave the charsi quest a new meaning because you always had a chance to get a spectacular weapon, maybe even the best weapon you can get. And the cool thing was that there weren't many people that had the weapon you had found or imbued.
I mean your weapon was totally rare because no one else had a weapon with the same attributs/+skills/dmg% and so on.

Surely this made it simple to get a good wpn. But if you get rid of the charsi quest or make it totally hard so that you can only do the quest with max lvl and top gear it would make it a nice challange for you. Sure people might do the quest only in normal because they think it'll be easier, but if you give these monsters also the same attributes like in hell it also won't be possible for them to the quest in normal.

Surely by making rare items as good as perfect high level uniques the drop rate of rares must be decreased. With such kind of rare items I mean rare items for example with: increased of damage +1-600%, damage reduction of 1-30%, +1-7 to all skills, +1-20% fire/lighting/ice/absorb, +ias 1-100%...

Well something like that. I mean, so that you might have the chance to get the best weapon in the game but the chances are low to get the ideal weapon. But the possibillity to get something like +7 to all skills or +600%ed would give rare items in the game a new meaning.

Last edited by Mute2k16 on Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:51 pm 

Rares are improved in 1.6a, not to the point of 600%ED or 7 skills, but you can socket them, or get really amazing crafts if you're lucky.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:57 pm 

In what way are the rares in 1.6 improved, could you be more specific? Can they compete with a high level runeword or high level unique item?

Yeah, I already heard about the new crafts. It's one of the reasons why I want to play 1.6.

Offline Profile