Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:55 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ] 

Reset to 1.6a tonight 11 PM GMT-5 ?
Poll ended at Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:14 pm
Yes 43%  43%  [ 6 ]
No 57%  57%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 14
 Post subject: Reset to 1.6a tonight 11 PM GMT-5 ?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:14 pm 
Site Admin

Just to make things clear, this is the exact message I sent to him about reset to 1.6a tonight :
Quote:
If I do another reset tonight ...
First, it won't be before 11 PM eastern time (GMT-5)
Second, if after this reset there is other things to fix, I'll ban you from the realm and the forums and I revert the realm back to 1.5 to get rid of your work.

It seems like the feedback from this patch is not that good, so, to me, testing phase was not done properly.
I also strongly suggest to test this current patch at least a week before doing another reset (and I'm not the only one to tell you) but you still seem in a hurry to reset again...

Wish my message is clear enough.

That said, I want to know what YOU guys have to say about this reset, tonight or in a few days or whatever.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Reset to 1.6a tonight 11 PM GMT-5 ?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:22 pm 

I don't believe we should be going with 1.6a.

I believe we should focus on what Mraw has spent the last year on balancing and use that.

But thanks for the poll! - we shall see how the votes work out

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:01 pm 

No. if it resets I probably wont play after the hours I just put in to getting to Hell Baal. Others I talked to feel the same.

Took 5 Days to reach Hell Baal, 2 patches ago it took a few people less than 48 hours.

The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the souls tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore the soul deceive, despise and murder men.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:17 pm 

I really don't see an issue. If ensley reduced the strength of the normal uniques, then the patch is just fine. That was the only real gripe people. The rest of the changes were all fine.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:22 pm 

Pious wrote:
I really don't see an issue. If ensley reduced the strength of the normal uniques, then the patch is just fine. That was the only real gripe people. The rest of the changes were all fine.

I just can't agree with this... there's no changelog

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:31 pm 

I love your post Duffbeer ! Thanks you !

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:57 pm 

If you are definitely going to reset and it cannot be avoided do it sooner than later.

The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the souls tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore the soul deceive, despise and murder men.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:02 pm 

That was my thoughts. It's better to just annoy people now rather than devastate them a month down the line after people just start getting together to run ubers and such

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:49 pm 

Pious wrote:

Sorc is in a pretty bad place now the synergies are messed up for blizzard, CB/TK and hydra.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:37 pm 

We just killed hell baal, and I don't really see a difference end game.

Normal was nerfed into the ground along time ago... patches ago. It doesn't really matter if the items are comparable to nm items. I seem to remember that the community wanted normal mode to be a push over so that the noobies don't leave.

Firstly, the enabling of physical builds via life leeching bosses changed the game completely.

Secondly, Psn and Elemental were the most OP classes before, now it's physical builds. More stats for elemental caster's items doesn't change the fact that physical builds are still the goto flavor to progress.

I am a solo player, I normally play with no one. I have soloed all the way to hell before. I didn't really see too much of a difference, other than immunities of course.

I dunno I am skeptical, I think the patch should live for a regular round of patch duration. If you guys want to revert changes in the next patch, that's fine by me.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:16 pm 

We did a reset when we were playing a month ago. People are worried about the people coming back and playing? I was enjoying the game with my friends. Now we poured time into getting back into it and building up our characters another time.

Please do not reset, there difference in the game is tiny, and rolling us back again, will void out the effort and time.

That being said, if there is any future releases, perhaps then the thing would be to have vetted them out before throwing them on the server and watching the community complain.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:22 pm 

The way 1.5b was vetted for months, but we skipped it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:38 pm 

I think a Reset should happen if it Fixes the items

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:48 pm 

The rogue being unkillable is worth a reset alone as long as there aren't any more resets

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:56 pm 
Site Admin

Well, at this time the poll is 8-6 for the "No" so reset will not happen tonight. Poll will be available until tomorrow at 6pm eastern time so if "Yes" wins by then, I will do it tomorrow night.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:11 pm 

DuFFBeeR wrote:
Well, at this time the poll is 8-6 for the "No" so reset will not happen tonight. Poll will be available until tomorrow at 6pm eastern time so if "Yes" wins by then, I will do it tomorrow night.

I voted no, change vote to yes. If its going to happen so it ASAP so people arent wasting time playing a dead version.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:25 pm 
Site Admin

So be it.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]