What should the next Reset be
Ensley's 1.6b 38%  38%  [ 5 ]
Mraw's 1.5b 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Ensley's becomes SP mod Mraw's becomes Multiplayer 54%  54%  [ 7 ]
Other (explain in comments) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 13
 Post subject: Poll Time - Next reset/patch
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:33 pm 

This is not meant as a disrespect to anyone so please don't take offense.

In my personal opinion. I prefer the itemization and changes by Mraw... he spent over a year getting things right.. He knows how to balance and what changes do. I would however like to see his implementation made but with the immunities removed like they are within Ensley's patch as I believe it opens up more builds. But the itemization and skills are just right in mraw's 1.5b patch as far as I'm concerned.

With that, I believe Ensley's modifications would be more well suited towards a single player version - as any class can basically solo the game currently. If we have two arms of development one for multiplayer one for single player with collaboration... I think its a good thing.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Poll Time - Next reset/patch
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:44 pm 

I think you are confused -

There were items from a crazy version I play over hamachi with a friend accidentally put into this patch, as I've been moving around and flash drives got scrambled.

For example, Empyrian Band ring had +25-50 all stats. It now has +4-8 all stats in 1.6a

Items have fewer sockets, WAY lower stats, less pierce, less block, less leech, etc. The skill fixes I intended are also being put in, so 70% of the entire playerbase might not just be zons and sins anymore. Bosses also have higher block and dodge chance, some quite noticeably. Mercs have been redesigned with their 'invisible range0 auras' so that they will not be tanking bosses and will get rekt if you allow them to, similar to how it was in 1.3

I won't argue that the 1.6 launch was pretty much a failure, mostly on my end for trying to get it done too quickly, however, your faith will be rewarded, should you believe. :P

If people decide they want Mraw's 1.5b version and he is having issues packing it, I will gladly pack it for him and send it to Duff if he just sends me the data.

This isn't about egos or who's patch it is, I just want to play a great game and have a community.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:01 pm 

appreciate it Ensley... thank you for being so understanding and for your work :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:27 pm 

Thank you hunter, been waiting for something like this

It seems as though einsleys patch, yes was a complete failure, mostly due to the incorrect items, but as the patch progressed it seemed that einsley was continuing to edit chars without any direction or input, a lot of it wasnt even mentioned what had changed. Bosses have been changed with no updated information. None of these changes have been tested. Einsleys patch is just a patch put on top of mraw, no suggestions were made, the items that were edited now all have random res and str mods. Almost every item has res now randomly added, rare gloves and boots have 5 cb, and according to einsley there are proc amp and lr that can be spawned as well, none of this mentioned in any patch notes. All of this is a turn aqay from the original HU feel. The 75% res cap is a great additiom and should be used.

Mraws patch has been tested thoroughly, i have helped test this a little but not to its fullest. I feel like the reason mraws patch is really getting put down is because he wasnt around the forums until i emailed him and he missed his window of oppurtunity a little bit, since all of a sudden 1.6 was live. Mraws patch is balanced, items are great, and it has that HU feel of challenge. Mraw has worked hard to get boss fights right and implemented new stuff, like the 95 areas.

I vote for Mraws patch mp and einsley for sp. I like the idea that einsley continues working on his patch and it continued being tested and maybe implemented in the future for the realm if someone else cant edit at the moment, but at the moment mraws patch is a great patch, balanced and good to go

Thats just my 2 cents

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:11 pm 

Playing HU all these years ive noticed that most ppl that play this game play it on soft core which is very easy anyone can die over and over and carry on i feel like the only opinion that should matter should come from the ppl that play hardcore i personally am only in nm so far with my summon druid and am having fun and still finding the game challenging. I would always play hu because it is amazing to me but i would be a little pissed to see a reset before ive even had a chance to get into hell and try out some other builds with this mod. also because there are less ppl on hardcore im always stuck only play with me and a friend unlike other ppl that play with a whole team

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:44 pm 

Pork, I understand that it's not great to have the game wiped you've been playing, but it needs to happen either way. I've talked to pious, nova and others who also play HC. There are just too many errors in the current version. You will have at least a year before any more resets in all likelihood. I'm also not against trying some HC :P

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:59 pm 

uh...let me know if you guys want my files for 1.5b

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:16 am 

Regardless of which patch it is I know at least 2-3 more people that are going to play solely because of the complete 1.6 client that Ensley released.

Offline Profile