Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:43 pm

Post subject: Arimyth maintenance and realm reset
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:17 am 
Site Admin

Hi all,

I will have to move the arimyth domain to a new server and I will reset the realm/apply new patch 1.6 at the same time.

This maintenance should occur this friday night around midnight GMT-5 and should take about two hours.

IP addresses will change so for those who have the IP setup in their Diablo 2 gateway instead of the host (bnetd.arimyth.com) will have to update it. I will post updated IP addresses once the move will be completed.

Thanks.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Arimyth maintenance and realm reset
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:39 pm 

Love you Duff!

The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the souls tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore the soul deceive, despise and murder men.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:44 pm 

So will the server be up and running after the move over, or will you finish it Saturday during the day some time? Trying to figure out if I want to stay up all night or not.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:22 pm 

It won't be finished until I get the sounds.txt and soundenviron.txt files from someone who has the full and lite versions. I sent PMs to purerage, mraw, and kramuti asking for them. Once I get those, it will only take 5 minutes to have it sent to Duff. Don't hold your breath for tonight or tomorrow. This is really frustrating for me but my hands are tied. Just pray that one of them replies soon. I'm checking here every hour hoping to get them, and sometime within the next week we should be ready with 1.6 as long as Duff has time for the reset.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:24 pm 

Where would the files be? I have patches back to 1.12f or something.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:27 pm 

Ensley03 wrote:
It won't be finished until I get the sounds.txt and soundenviron.txt files from someone who has the full and lite versions. I sent PMs to purerage, mraw, and kramuti asking for them. Once I get those, it will only take 5 minutes to have it sent to Duff. Don't hold your breath for tonight or tomorrow. This is really frustrating for me but my hands are tied. Just pray that one of them replies soon. I'm checking here every hour hoping to get them, and sometime within the next week we should be ready with 1.6 as long as Duff has time for the reset.

I found the files in the previous patch.mpq How do you need
me to send them to you?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:52 pm 

The full and lite versions? They aren't in the download links, so not sure how you would have it o.O

I know the full version of all txts is posted on here but that doesn't help. If you really have them then just explain how you got them and just put them on dropbox. I don't think anyone besides Mraw, Kramuti, PureRage, and Pious have the real sound txts.

Either way, PureRage said to just go ahead with the 1.5a sounds.bin and it will work, so that's what I told Duff, so he just needs to do the reset now, and PureRage said he'll add the lite version himself soon.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:58 pm 

Ensley03 wrote:
The full and lite versions? They aren't in the download links, so not sure how you would have it o.O

I know the full version of all txts is posted on here but that doesn't help. If you really have them then just explain how you got them and just put them on dropbox. I don't think anyone besides Mraw, Kramuti, PureRage, and Pious have the real sound txts.

Either way, PureRage said to just go ahead with the 1.5a sounds.bin and it will work, so that's what I told Duff, so he just needs to do the reset now, and PureRage said he'll add the lite version himself soon.

Oooo... I thought you meant just the files from older full and lite versions (Both which I have downloaded...) Thought you meant that... my bad! I just wanted to help :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:02 pm 

Yeah its specifically the sounds.txt and soundenviron.txt ones only :P

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:26 pm 

I don't even have D2 installed anymore. Could never get d2se to agree with a goddamn thing since i no longer have my 1.07 disc. GL with the new patch. Always good to see people continuing to contribute in a major way.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:09 pm 

kramuti wrote:
I don't even have D2 installed anymore. Could never get d2se to agree with a goddamn thing since i no longer have my 1.07 disc. GL with the new patch. Always good to see people continuing to contribute in a major way.

What issues are you having?

Also i am very excited for this patch. ive been waiting for these fixes to be done so big thanks!!!! :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:35 pm 

I've had an erection for more than 4 hours.

The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the souls tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore the soul deceive, despise and murder men.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:12 pm 
Site Admin

Actually I will move Arimyth to another server and update it to 1.6. The whole operation should take about 2 hours but the DNS update may take up to 24 hours to update worldwide. I will start the move process in 20 minutes from now.

Offline Profile