Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:48 am

Post subject: Need Your Help SoulMancer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:36 am 

Hey SoulMancer, Been trying to get my buddy to play this, But he has a problem... Anti-hack keeps kicking him Off, We been trying to get him on for 4 days now, We tried very possible thing.. and Anti-hack still kicks him off! And hes running Vista just like me and works for me... First thing we did... fully start new fresh install, 2nd extracted 1.10 patch in to d2 lod main folder, 3rd extracted Hell Unleashed 1.21 files in to d2 lod main folder 4th ran D2ModSetUp, 5th clicked on Hell unleashed batch file... and No he isnt running old anti hack, its Huguard if you where wondering, Ok so he joins a game, he gets dropped ok.. so that didn't work.... He even redownloaded files Restall d2 lod again, Not just once many times... and try to repeat same thing over still don't work... So he looked through forums we found D2HU_Tyrael he even tried D2HU_Tyrael, Still kicks him off, And yes hes firewall off, No he has no anti virus protection or any programs to block HuGuard.... We tried so many different ways to get him from not dropping... even did it the way mines set up, little different from the way you explain it on some of your forums but works for me. but still keeps dropping him, and its annoying me cause I'm not stupid with computers.... So Soulmancer if you got any Suggestions about this problem.. Please let me know.. 4 days we been trying, If he having this problem just think how many others who want to try play this game.... But cant get it to work and even still followed your set up.. and other people ideas set up to make it work and still drops them.. :o

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Need Your Help SoulMancer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:15 am 
Site Admin

PM me his IP address I will take a look at logs.

Another thing, do you both have Vista 64 with more than 4gb ram ?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:06 pm 

DuFFBeeR wrote:
PM me his IP address I will take a look at logs.

Another thing, do you both have Vista 64 with more than 4gb ram ?

Yes hes running Vista 64-bit, and he has 4Gb ram. I Pm you his IP address

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:33 pm 

Dunno if this will help, or if this has been solved...

I run Vista 64 with 4 gig ram.
Make sure that you have full write permissions on the D2 HU folder. Any folder in the program files or program files (x86) initally have only read permissions. This avoids having to run as administrator and it may be that HU guard write/execute needs permission.

So go to the folder, right click, properties, security, edit right person, full control.

I think I also run mine in compatibility mode...but i think that may just be vanilla for the mousewheel...and you have to do something else to fix that here.

Offline Profile