Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:37 am

Post subject: ANTIHACK!!!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:40 pm 

Duff...for the love of pete dude...turn antihack back on. SC is full of maphackers and godmoders. Even if its the old antihack...just something.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: ANTIHACK!!!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:43 pm 

HC has hackers too.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:44 pm 
Game Server Host

Vote +1 on this

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:06 pm 

Angel wrote:
HC has hackers too.

Yes, they do. If we did the numbers, I think 25% of HC uses some kind of hack. Now sc, more like 75%. Your buddy was using godmode just 30 minutes ago. He didn't turn it off til I said I was going to fraps him.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:23 pm 

post names - bring it out to the light.
use FRAPS, don't say you are - post videos.

Don't need anti-hack, public humiliation is good too.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:59 pm 

He died like 25 times that game? You were like godmode godmode!!! then killed him.

Did you fraps it to prove it? Dunno if you noticed, but people were juving left and right during that game.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:03 pm 

lolwot, we can use MH and not be caught?

hmmmm...........

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:15 am 

Signed...

We walked all maggot lair right to the 3rd lvl. lol. "Lucky" he said...

yeah, lucky antihack is off.

Angel wrote:
HC has hackers too.

... you mean "cheaters" , because I'm not sure at all those guys programmed their own godhacks/maphacks/etchacks.

blue_myriddn wrote:
public humiliation is good too.

Public humilitation fails when you run at Sammy with god mode and you share your prizes with your friends/random people like they were bubblegum candy.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:09 am 

tonykantos wrote:
Public humilitation fails when you run at Sammy with god mode and you share your prizes with your friends/random people like they were bubblegum candy.

This.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:08 am 

FuryCury wrote:
tonykantos wrote:

This.

This.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:00 am 

If you guys are sure enough that people are hacking to complain about it on the forums, then you are sure enough to do something about it on your own. Stop waiting for Duff to solve your problems - step up and take some initiative on your own to solve them.

If enough people post about Elena maphacking, word will get around - it is a small community.

Less talk - more action.

By the way, Hell sammy charms aren't that rare in softie anyways. If you want one, I can get one for you. Rabies druid does him quite well. No hacks required.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:19 am 

i agree with blue ! any game you play should be for fun and enjoyment and haveing fun with the friends you made on the game .

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:22 am 
Game Server Host

LmT wrote:
FuryCury wrote:
tonykantos wrote:

This.

This.

This

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:29 am 

tonykantos wrote:

I don't see the relevancy. Ruin the Softie econ by flooding it with Hell Sammy charms? Those are lvl99 charms, but lvl99 you really don't need god mode to crush this game.

Are people cheating? Probably, I dunno. Can't say that I have seen it myself. If I did, I would just post it up and shut the punk up.

So despite all the "this" replies, I haven't heard a good validation. You want Duff to put the antihack back up? Well I am saying that you can be pro-active as a community and just take care of the problem on your own ~ like you did with that screenshot.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:59 am 
Game Server Host

Posting screenshots will solve the problem how? People wont team with them? Not everyone reads the forums and if 75% of people are using hacks then they are not gonna say "oh we aint teaming with him, he uses map hack" are they? The point is the overall problem of a high percentage of people using this kinda thing. There was a time when the HU community was proud of the no hacks policy. that is what attracted ALOT of players. This year the mod has taken 2 steps back, the people who have been here for a long time would like to see it returned to the way it was instead of being full of cheats and hackers. It gives the mod a bad name IMO.
If there is no antihack then how are people supposed to know that hacks are not allowed. If I was coming here for the first time I wouldn't know if hacks were allowed or not...

Thats really all I have to say on the subject, it's just my own opinion and im sure many have other views but I see no reason why the AH shouldn't be implemented again. Apparently there were ways around the AH but it was still effective as a deterent.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:11 am 

1. 100% agree that the AntiHack should be turned back on. No real debate on it. I respect Duff though and if he has a reason for it being off, then I am not going to get on his case about it.

2. This was a response to Fury for the most part. Don't pussyfoot around with threats to FRAPs cheaters. Step and and get it done. Talk is cheap, if cheating bugs you then do something about it don't wait for someone else to do it for you. Maybe its just how I live my life, but I don't wait for someone else to do things for me, I go out and get it done myself.

If you don't like cheaters, call them out on it. Sure - 75% of the people may do it but NO ONE likes being labeled a cheater. It also gives good input on balance discussions. If someone is proven to be a God'moder then that gives us good reason to ignore their thoughts.

Can people cheat in private games? Sure - a smart cheater is unlikely to get caught, but so what. As a friend of mine who was a District Attorney used to say "if criminals were smarter, my job would be so much harder - but man are these people STUPID". Nail the stupid bastards to the wall.

Public posting of it also brings it to light and highlights the discussion. As we know from Shelter and the other butttards who have cheated in this realm, people will deny cheating up and down and continue the lie. You can bet $20 that Elena will post in this thread with something stupid like "you took that seriously? I was just kiddin around, just trollin you" So lets get the proof out. Who knows, maybe Furycury and the rest of you aren't seeing cheaters and are just seeing people juv'n as Angel says. Lets get it out in the open and discuss it rather than all this bottled up anger.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:30 am 

blue_myriddn wrote:
If you guys are sure enough that people are hacking to complain about it on the forums, then you are sure enough to do something about it on your own. Stop waiting for Duff to solve your problems - step up and take some initiative on your own to solve them.

If enough people post about Elena maphacking, word will get around - it is a small community.

Less talk - more action.

once upon a time...

a small town called... SmallTown.
with its own laws for SmallTown inhabitants.
When you entered SmallTown you could read in a sign:

"STEALING IS NOT ALLOWED"

( sign wasnt big enough, though )

There were no policemen on SmallTown due to unknown reasons. But the townsfolk relied on the good willing of the people who lived there, and those who ever visited SmallTown.

but from one day to the next, SmallTown inhabitants began to complaint about burglars and robbers who spawned from nowhere. Poor SmallTowners, they got not police to report, they could only go to the town-webforum and complain the situation!
But blue_myriddn, one of the town elder's ( :P ) said:

"If you guys are sure enough that people are stealing to complain about it on the forums, then you are sure enough to do something about it on your own. Stop waiting for the Mayor-Duff to solve your problems - step up and take some initiative on your own to solve them.

If enough people post about Elena's robbery , word will get around - it is a small community.

Less talk - more action."

Of course, although huge signs and posters were spread around all the town, and everyone who heard Blue ( 10% of SmallTown population ) pointed at the robber , the rest of the visitors were not involved at all, and Elena ( and the rest of criminals ) were yet free to do whatever they want , because noone could really cut their wings / punish them properly.
=======================

With this metaphor I wanna show my point of view about that.

More action about the players is useless
Blue, we need more legal action and heavy punishments . If we could, at least, ban people from games through vote, your reply could have some sense.
But we cannot stop the cheats. We can't. Doesnt matter what we say or do. Even some of them doesnt know english language at all.

blue_myriddn wrote:
I go out and get it done myself.

I can't ban the law breakers . If I could, I would do it with no hehistate

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:33 am 

since there are no-cd keys, you can't really ever ban anyone here. Consequences are limited on a free server. Ban someone and they can just make a new account.

I think that needs to be clearly understood by people.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:38 am 

blue_myriddn wrote:
Ban someone and they can just make a new account.

But they lose their chars and their goods, aka months of gameplay wasted. Thats enough punishment imo. They will know what would happen if they do it again.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:48 pm 

Current chars in game ’1 Act’ on DuFFBeeR
Account Char Class Level Uptime
*Sacred Elena Ama 55 00:09:18

There you have the accountname aswell.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:19 pm 

Utter wrote:
Current chars in game ’1 Act’ on DuFFBeeR
Account Char Class Level Uptime
*Sacred Elena Ama 55 00:09:18

There you have the accountname aswell.

I believe this guy has many accs, and a bunch of members and friends on his "elite" group... this is just a huge big MAFIA and doing something to elena just wont stop anything... AH is the solution.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:33 pm 

If AH isn't being turned on and posting videos/screenies of people cheating isn't going to get their accounts banned then this thread is pointless and people can cheat as much as they like. Welcome to bnet 2.0.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:58 pm 

WolfStar wrote:
Welcome to bnet 2.0.

That's not true. Bnet has Warden, Bnet banned cdkeys/IP's for hacks/cheats. HU does not anymore.

blue_myriddn wrote:

Less talk - more action.

blue_myriddn wrote:
Well I am saying that you can be pro-active as a community and just take care of the problem on your own

How Blue, do your propose we as a community do this? I was under the impression that making posts and posting S/S was the proper action. If I still hosted a server, I could IP ban said cheaters from my server, but I don't host.

blue_myriddn wrote:
I respect Duff though and if he has a reason for it being off, then I am not going to get on his case about it.

I didn't intend to "get on his case", if there's a reason AH is off, just tell us why. That's all we ask is a simple explanation.

blue_myriddn wrote:
Maybe its just how I live my life, but I don't wait for someone else to do things for me, I go out and get it done myself.

I'm lost as to what you are suggesting here. I should get on the pvpgn and ban them myself? I should delete their accounts? I should only play singleplayer so I don't have to deal with cheaters?

2 out of the 3 I can't do.The 3rd defeats the whole purpose of a community and multiplayer mod.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:26 pm 
Game Server Host

I think the main reason was the conflicts with 64 bit systems. Im not 100% though. I'd be happy with one like the old one personally.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:24 pm 

FuryCury wrote:
WolfStar wrote:
Welcome to bnet 2.0.

That's not true. Bnet has Warden, Bnet banned cdkeys/IP's for hacks/cheats. HU does not anymore.

And yet 99% of player on bnet have mh/bot/tppk/etc. Thus, pretty much the same.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:10 pm 

Well for me it makes not much differance if antihack is on or off when it was on there was still ppl playing around it and trying to pass ther hacks out now that its off some of the same group is still using mh so in the end is up to u if u willing to play with the cheaters . i mean could be as simple as if u know thta some is running mh 1 ask them to turn off 2 simple dont follow there lead mh or not if ur stuck alone with no group what good did the maphack do u 3 simple dont party the person and tell them why maybe they will get the message that we want the challenge and dont need cheats to hold us up like crutch for the crippled gamers

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:58 pm 
Game Server Host

mh aint as much of a problem as chicken, godmode, pickit etc. etc.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:21 pm 

There are so many new players with the Bnet mentality that I wonder where you advertised... I hope it wasn't at jsp.

I think some new features of HU like the removal of quests flags, the lower difficulty and of course the anti-hack being turned off make the game way too friendly to this kind of "players".

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:48 pm 
Game Server Host

someone did advertise at jsp apparently. The reason was that there had been a load of bans from bnet at the time... :roll:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:07 am 

Wouldn't mind more people (from JSP fail site or not) granted AH is working.

and @Hackers and @eurofags:
Next reset you will all die to my hand.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:25 am 

Let me put it this way. Accounts on this realm cannot be banned or deleted. Why? I can't do it, you can't do it - only Duff can do it. Duff is MIA. Even when Duff was around and did ban people, it didn't really make much of a difference. Even after a ban, Shelter was back on the realm in only a couple of hours. Deleting their accounts encourages them to hack even more.

So now what? How do you propose to stop cheaters?

Quote:
Duff...for the love of pete dude...turn antihack back on. SC is full of maphackers and godmoders. Even if its the old antihack...just something.

A post like this? That is garbage. That is just a plea to someone else to do something for you. Well there isn't anyone who can do it.

So what can you do? Make better posts. Put up screen shots like TonyKantos did. Post up videos. Post up evidence of those who are hacking. That is really all that can be done. Most hackers are ego hounds and want to be admired. Drag their ass in the mud and make them look like idiots. Look at how much it STILL bugs LmT and Hunter to be called Hackers & Cheaters. You think that banning them stings as much as the public harassment they got?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:46 am 

blue_myriddn wrote:
Let me put it this way. Accounts on this realm cannot be banned or deleted. Why? I can't do it, you can't do it - only Duff can do it. Duff is MIA. Even when Duff was around and did ban people, it didn't really make much of a difference. Even after a ban, Shelter was back on the realm in only a couple of hours. Deleting their accounts encourages them to hack even more.

So now what? How do you propose to stop cheaters?

Quote:

A post like this? That is garbage. That is just a plea to someone else to do something for you. Well there isn't anyone who can do it.

So what can you do? Make better posts. Put up screen shots like TonyKantos did. Post up videos. Post up evidence of those who are hacking. That is really all that can be done. Most hackers are ego hounds and want to be admired. Drag their ass in the mud and make them look like idiots. Look at how much it STILL bugs LmT and Hunter to be called Hackers & Cheaters. You think that banning them stings as much as the public harassment they got?

And yet all that still doesn't do anything against them hacking and distributing godly gear to mass amounts of people.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:50 am 

You aren't ever (and I mean ever) going to stop that. The ONLY way you could ever run any sort of completely hack free realm is to have it be a paid realm where you could yank accounts that way. Even then, you would have an uphill battle.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:54 pm 

However, with someone having the ban stick ready at all times and Ip banning everyone cheating aswell (and banning them from the forum) will eventually make an impact. Let's face it, you don't wanna remake a char/account, find that item etc for ever and ever. After getting his/her accounts deleted and beeing forced to change ip for the 10:th time some of them will atleast be discouraged.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:01 pm 

Utter wrote:
However, with someone having the ban stick ready at all times and Ip banning everyone cheating aswell (and banning them from the forum) will eventually make an impact .

Agreed. however, we have no such person, so that doesn't really matter.
I also agreed that having the anti-hack working would help solve the problem, but we don't have that - so that doesn't really matter either.

It's like saying that you could get to work faster if you had a helicopter. Sure - that might be true, but since you aren't likely to get a helicopter who gives a shit?

I am trying to steer the discussion to things that can realistically get done rather than things that we all wish could happen.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:48 pm 
Game Server Host

The original post was asking duff to turn the AH back on. That is possible to do. We are waiting until he has time to post as he is probs very busy. Nobody asked you to do anything blue. Stop trying to turn a perfectly acceptable question/thread into an argument. The question has been asked. All we need to do is wait for an answer, not start getting bitchy over it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:40 pm 

I could have asked in a more polite manner about antihack, but that's just not me. Duff has answered my question and I am completely satisfied with his answer.

blue_myriddn wrote:
I am trying to steer the discussion to things that can realistically get done rather than things that we all wish could happen.

Antihack CAN happen, and is the best solution to this problem.

Dan, I'm starting to think you just like to see your own posts, or your fishing for an argument.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:44 pm 

FuryCury wrote:
Dan, I'm starting to think you just like to see your own posts, or your fishing for an argument.

Arguments just annoy me, so I am certainly not looking to do that. I am also not much in to vanity. Mostly I just have an opinion and I state it as clearly as I can.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:57 am 

sad state of affairs.
main problem i see with where this thread is going is if somebody fraps a player using godmode and posts it here, his account is safe his items are safe and he just continues to godmode. you really dont need a party with godmode and likely has friends that are aware and also use hacks.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:09 am 
Game Server Host

The AH is off for a good reason im afraid. I think the map hacker has already had the account locked or been banned as I haven't seen him playing since just after the screenie was posted. I think if someone fraps'd someone obviously using godmode they would be dealt with too.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:51 am 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
I think the map hacker has already had the account locked or been banned as I haven't seen him playing since just after the screenie was posted

Nope, he entered just now. He's online, and he has been online all these days.
it seems this community is free to hack anywhere nowadays and noone will be punished for that. SoulMancer could put that on advertisement: "In HU we dont like hacks of any kind, but we cant do anything to stop people to use them, so do whatever your hearts tell you." Sad but true fact.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:09 am 
Game Server Host

Im sure a swift PK will make an impact.

Edit: never mind, i seen that account in the channel and its apparently a softcore player. :cry:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:35 am 

tonykantos wrote:
PureRage-DoD wrote:
I think the map hacker has already had the account locked or been banned as I haven't seen him playing since just after the screenie was posted

Nope, he entered just now. He's online, and he has been online all these days.
it seems this community is free to hack anywhere nowadays and noone will be punished for that. SoulMancer could put that on advertisement: "In HU we dont like hacks of any kind, but we cant do anything to stop people to use them, so do whatever your hearts tell you." Sad but true fact.

Basically, yup. Unless duffbeer starts actively banning people.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:56 pm 

so... why exactly can't he re-instate the antihack? It seems like it would be the most simple/effective solution to the problem. Plus keeping cheaters off of the realm would probably be the best idea for the mod's sake.

As for blue, I believe this post not only addresses the issue of the antihack being down but also has people posting screenshots with evidence to support their allegations, so why are you even bothering to argue? Keep your garbage out of here.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:10 pm 

i got a better idea, pple play on the realms so they have someone to play with or pk or whatever.........if they wanted to be alone then they would play sp.

so dont ban them........just put a forum on here with list of exactly what they have done and a system as to proof......its a lil work but for instance if i knew ole fill in the blank was runnin map hack for sure i wouldnt play with him.

This does one thing very well.

I can basically find out who I am playing with and if they are reported hacker. then i can choose whether to play with them.

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. Einstein

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:14 pm 
Game Server Host

That wont stop them hacking, it just forces them all together.

Offline Profile