Login | Register


All times are UTC - 5 hours


It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:02 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:21 pm 

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:36 am
Posts: 317
Location: Phoenix
anyone who would like to see this happen please post here


i actually had a level 81 ask me where the hell ore dropped today................

act one takes from black marsh to andy (fifteen mins)

act two takes 10 mins if u have opener which we all have.

act three takes a walk from town to trav then new game to one with open portal from trav to durance then back to old game.....act three takes 35 mins on a slow day

act four walk walk walk walk bing ur in five 25 mins tops.

act five norm well....you just have someone pop red and bam ur in nm in under two hours.....this is just dumb.


To be honest i like the short time in some ways but common.......... a level 81 that doesnt know where ore comes from.

_________________
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Einstein

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. Einstein


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:55 pm 
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:48 am
Posts: 2432
Signed.

I like the reduced difficulty, but I think that all the quest flags were a really good idea.

_________________
People who live in cinder block houses can throw whatever they want.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:39 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:28 am
Posts: 1125
Location: Vancouver, BC
I agree with the simplicity described by Pappy, HU for rushers isn't even a game at all.

However, I almost like the fact that the current setup quickly removes the people I don't want to play with. All that's left are people who seem genuinely interested in playing HU. They don't always twink their chars, they don't always give up before reaching a boss. It's nice, but still rare.

Soulmancer already mentioned that the TP flags were removed because they didn't really stop rushes (only Mephy quest requires people to leave town, but I've heard conflicting reports of Diablo quest). At least without the flags, some of the community is overjoyed. They get to rush their chars to Hell in a day, and then grind Tundra to their heart's content.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:06 pm 

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:39 am
Posts: 61
+1 FOR SURE... this is needed. i personally LIKE finding a good group to do quests with.

sometimes i may complain about what a pain it is, but it really does make better players out of us.

unless we go "hey lvl 101 guy, can you help me get staff?"

the great thing about hell difficulty is that the above statement doesnt apply... to a degree.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:13 am 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:01 pm
Posts: 1392
I dunno. It never seemed to stop most people before. At least they were only slowed minimally. Those that like doing the quests will do the quests. Those that don't, won't. Personally, I like doing all the quests. I like to know all the strengths and weaknesses at all stages, not just the end game.

_________________
The reader should not be discouraged if...he does not have the prerequisites to read the prerequisites. P. Halmos


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:38 am 
Game Server Host
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:33 am
Posts: 4292
I much prefered the quest flags, after they were removed there were NO teams coming together and it pretty much killed the game for me.

_________________
Bron wrote:
There's no cure for being a cunt.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:23 am 

Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:19 pm
Posts: 621
Location: Reno NV
I haven't killed any sub bosses for quest parts since the flags got removed(unless I was helping in a pub game I guess). The cons of removing the quest flags on TPs far outweigh the pros IMO. I'd rather the quest flags got returned, and that seems to be the general consensus.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:41 am 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:02 pm
Posts: 1627
signed

and bring bigger RoF back.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:55 am 

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:35 pm
Posts: 191
Location: US East
signed.

I wouldn't mind getting help, but I do mind getting rushed.

_________________
Go and terminate with extreme prejudice
Most people just take steps. I take dubsteps.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:27 am 

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:36 am
Posts: 971
Killing trash mobs through the whole game is boring - even the boss fights like countess and such are boring and unnecessary. Make something that rewards players, new content or something, rather than forcing everyone to grind it.

You can't do any of the mentioned things the first time during a reset anyways, when everyone is racing to kill hell baal and hit 101 first.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:46 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:34 am
Posts: 358
bring it back , maybe if possible make the meph portal lvl restricted if possible , lvl 25 for normal , lvl 68 for nm lvl 82 for hell. no lvl 1s in a5 hell pls

_________________
'may the force be with you' - Yoda??


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:49 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:26 am
Posts: 490
Location: Richmond Va
Yep, flags should be turned back on. This will deter the "rushers" and also make it so there's more public questing games and not all rush games.

_________________
I was never more at home than I was in battle. - Solomon Kane


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:13 am 

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:28 am
Posts: 135
Location: nebraska
it don't matter there will be rushing no matter what that just the way it is but iam totally againest rushing it 's much more fun to play and build your char slow and lvl it.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:39 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:05 am
Posts: 422
Signed.

I would like to see portals like that on Meph on all the act bosses aswell. And forcing you to be close to the boss as he/she dies to get the quest. Just like D but remove the ability to get it in town.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:57 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:36 pm
Posts: 337
Location: BCN [ Spain ]
Signed there, pappy. Stop rushers .

Angel wrote:
Killing trash mobs through the whole game is boring - even the boss fights like countess and such are boring and unnecessary..


why do you play d2 then, if its not about killing evil minions of the deep hell?

what does describe the word "not boring" or "funny" for u in this game? Doing Tundra runs and collecting masses of items? '-'

Its being like on bnet, who noone knows why some councils drop that strange khalim flail who serves no purpose. Even more, I doubt someone here now does council with the q flag removed and the durance wp trick.

We dont wanna be like bnet dumbass ... do we?

_________________
"I am who I am. Your approval isn't needed"


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:49 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:34 am
Posts: 391
How come I don't know this trick!?!

_________________
iz a secret


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:15 pm 

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:36 am
Posts: 317
Location: Phoenix
so far ..........thats like all of hc for flags being on and two sc retards to have em off?

the epic boss fights are what make this fun........yesterday my level 87 and a level 61 setup to do norm baal, i was just gonna tank so without thinkin i was thinkin of before, we each brought a full cube of juvs.........man we were disapointed.

Remember when two level 95+ had trouble with norm baal and minions (except rt and bob ofc).

Man it was slow in a way but ide like to point out that there are fewer pple now then ive ever seen it be before. and i was here at the end of last reset when no one was playing cause they were waiting for reset.

please make it harder then it is. and put in flags

PPle come here for a challenge after beating hell baal in two days on bnet

_________________
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Einstein

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. Einstein


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:21 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:01 pm
Posts: 1392
If you want to start resorting to calling people retards then here:

If you really want rushing to stop, then you better get rid of Loader. Wth is the point of the flags when you can STILL bring in that uber high level character that YOU have to help YOURSELF get through?

If you want a civil conversation about it, keep the bullshit name calling out of it.

I could give a shit less if they are there or not. It won't change my style of play because I go through it all, as intended...without resorting to loader.

An SC player. You can kindly fuck off now.

_________________
The reader should not be discouraged if...he does not have the prerequisites to read the prerequisites. P. Halmos


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:04 pm 

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:36 am
Posts: 317
Location: Phoenix
kramuti wrote:
If you want to start resorting to calling people retards then here:

If you really want rushing to stop, then you better get rid of Loader. Wth is the point of the flags when you can STILL bring in that uber high level character that YOU have to help YOURSELF get through?

If you want a civil conversation about it, keep the bullshit name calling out of it.

I could give a shit less if they are there or not. It won't change my style of play because I go through it all, as intended...without resorting to loader.

An SC player. You can kindly fuck off now.


ok first i apologize for calling all sc players retards........thats not a fair statement. If you go through it all my respect for you just quadrupled.
Come to hc and play with us.

As for the no loader thing i sometimes load a freinds who has been stuck a week cause he missed parties. Second not that sc guys do it alot but eventually u get full and gotta mule. I dont like muling when buddies are on....i wanna play then. In order to mule alone i have to load.

Next question do you consider two computers loading? i have two comps but i prefer to not get up and go down to the basement and use kids comp to load in something to move stuff around.

And finally hc pple get made fun of way more often then sc types do, but we take it and smile cause for us this is way more fun.
My favorite hc slam is "What hacks you using to get level 9x cause there is no way your retarded ass could have done it without them."


the following is supposed to be funny
THIS IS THE TROLL PART YOU DO NOT HAVE TO READ IT!!
Its a fuckin game, you cannot be this serious about it...........just no damn way can u go nuts over being called a retard.........if u do...........please please please please have no children, turn gay and get a dog (i recomend a yellow lab for your personality type cause all they wanna do is please the alpha bitch). No kids cause sure as shit one of them is gonna turn 17 and put ur doggy self in your place. You will kill them and we will find you up in your attic stitching skin or some weird shit.

_________________
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Einstein

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. Einstein


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:17 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:01 pm
Posts: 1392
I don't really play HC all that much due to time constraints. When I do get the chance to sign on to vanilla or HU it is mainly to wind down casually. I have thought about starting an HC character just to see how far I get. I rarely party due to the douchebaggery I have seen both with the flags and without and that I can't be a reliable party member on a regular basis.

Imo, signing on a friend's character to make sure he doesn't fall too far behind makes you just as guilty as those rushers you hate.

Maybe I am too old...I don't care to use two comps (though I have two that I could use), loader or what not to mule. If I am full, I choose to either leave some things behind, or ID a few things and make a decision on what is important to keep.

And don't worry, I don't have kids. I had a pooch for 15 years til his innards just got pooped out. He was much cooler than a lab...and as one of my good friend's said to a doc the other day...don't fuckin patronize me :D

_________________
The reader should not be discouraged if...he does not have the prerequisites to read the prerequisites. P. Halmos


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:42 pm 

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:41 pm
Posts: 13
I like D2 HC. But I like pie more.

I think that the game would be funner is characters had to complete all quests in each act before being allowed to kill the act boss. I think that bosses should be harder, and that unique items should be stronger. I think that every act should have some sort of unique boss for every class that will drop class specific gear. And if possible, the gear can only be worn when the quest has been completed by that character.

I also think that town portals should be allowed. If you make the game more diffult and make players have to complete all act quests, they should be rewarded with less travel time and nicer gear (even if it just looks nice, it doesn't have to be uber). I think having those completed armor auras at lower levels with different colors would be cool.

I know this is a lot of work for someone to implement, but that's just my 2 cents on what I think would make the game more popular and fun. As of right now, I have to say that this is the best D2 Mod I have ever played. So many thanks for the hard work you have done so far.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:48 pm 
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:48 am
Posts: 2432
Unas_cF wrote:
I think that bosses should be harder, and that unique items should be stronger.


Quick topic derail - but this mentality creates a downward spiral of balance. If you make the game harder and the items more powerful, you end up with a null position - overall game difficulty has not changed. Empowering items is not a good way to go despite it being a popular choice by many players.

_________________
People who live in cinder block houses can throw whatever they want.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:30 am 

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:36 am
Posts: 971
Quote:
why do you play d2 then, if its not about killing evil minions of the deep hell?

what does describe the word "not boring" or "funny" for u in this game? Doing Tundra runs and collecting masses of items? '-'

Its being like on bnet, who noone knows why some councils drop that strange khalim flail who serves no purpose. Even more, I doubt someone here now does council with the q flag removed and the durance wp trick.

We dont wanna be like bnet dumbass ... do we?


You didn't even listen to my point. You cannot rush like this the first time through the game because no one has the quests completed. What's the problem with running through the game over and over? It's tedious, it's the exact same shit, and I just want to test the viability of certain builds.

Do I really want to waste 20+ hours on a character that isn't even going to work in the end? No.

Generally people who have the game have played through it once already. For example, I'm sure 99% of the people who play on B.net(of which you seem to generalize are retards and dumbasses for no apparent reason) have completed the game at least once. I myself have played through the entire game legit, now repeating that is extremely boring. The game doesn't change, it doesn't throw random curve balls at you, it's all the same shit minus the mods that bosses can spawn with.

Put on top of it that I can't even come close to finding a party at all, during almost any time of the day. This is generally because new players are quickly shit upon by the plethora of random elitists this game has. No joke, guy just installed the game and joins a game, asks for a TP and is instantly yelled and bitched at. No one even took the time to explain there was no TPs, rather they'd rather just yell at new players and call them b.net retards. Putting anyone in that sort of a stereotype isn't going to do anything but make the community look like complete shit and ward new players from joining.

To address the current HC vs SC arguement, you people need to get a life. Hardcore is no harder than Softcore, in fact, it's far easier than softcore for several reasons. You build differently, maximizing survivability and grind those extra levels out before bosses. You always have a full belt of juvs before boss fights. Avoiding those 1-hit encounters is extremely easy if you know the monsters and boss capabilities through-out the game. You're not better players, you're merely more patient. I've personally played HC and haven't even found people to play with - as a windy druid I'm unable to solo the game so it's impossible to progress past act 4.

Finally, I'm against adding the flags because there should be a choice between playing through the game(if you're into that shit, by all means do it, no one is stopping YOU from doing it) and rushing. Why? Because at the end of the day, it makes little difference if they're added or not, as the first time you play you're unable to skip through the major quests(Staff/flail/etc). You can skip countess, or some of the other bosses, but in all honesty they don't drop anything worthwhile. A good way of making players actually kill the bosses would be making them have a chance to drop a good item, unique to the boss itself, similar to the soulstones but actually having a use rather than a charm. It would be useable at the ~level you kill the boss, so you can equip it right away, and probably would have to be stronger than normal uniques.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:49 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:05 am
Posts: 422
Angel wrote:
Quote:
why do you play d2 then, if its not about killing evil minions of the deep hell?

what does describe the word "not boring" or "funny" for u in this game? Doing Tundra runs and collecting masses of items? '-'

Its being like on bnet, who noone knows why some councils drop that strange khalim flail who serves no purpose. Even more, I doubt someone here now does council with the q flag removed and the durance wp trick.

We dont wanna be like bnet dumbass ... do we?

What's the problem with running through the game over and over? It's tedious, it's the exact same shit, and I just want to test the viability of certain builds.

That's called playing the game actually. You should try it. Testing the viability of a build is done by playing it through the game. How the fuck can you know if it's viable if you just skip all of it except the very last bit? A char doesn't start when in a5 hell, it finishes there. Then if you wanna grind endlessly with the char once there, go ahead. But that's not what makes a char viable or not.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:27 am 

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:36 am
Posts: 971
Because by viable, I mean useful in end game Hell. I don't care if I can roll through things in normal, as just about any build you run can destroy normal/nm, it's the viability of a build in Hell that I'm interested in.

There is no reason other than playing to play the game through fully early on, because no drops you could possibly find are even worth finding other than using until later. Only a select few of the end game drops are worth anything, and honestly Diablo 2 is completely about building wealth, expecially on a pve realm. I don't have fun doing tundras past the first or second one, but I did have fun running Nihlthak a few times when I found someone who actually could.

I guarantee more people would do the early bosses if they dropped even something basic that is useful - like a 20/5 unique char, or a 32020, something that can easily be found eventually but is useful through-out the game, regulated to 1 per person so it's not merely a way to farm charms.

Make personalizing an item give it some stat(+20 life, equivalent to a potion from a3).
Make anya give you a unique skiller you can only have 1 of and is three slots, just like a normal skills but unique and only one is wearable.

These quests are meaningless, make them useful to people and people will run them, even if only to go back and do it after they're rushed.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:41 am 
Game Server Host
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:33 am
Posts: 4292
a "Viable" build should work through every part of the game, from start to finish. If you skip everything until you are at endgame with perf equip all ready then you may aswell "Test the viability" in single player with an editor. So many people claim they are rushing to test the build out. Thats what SP and UDieToo is for. People dont realise that rushing constantly is killing the comunity and putting legit players off. Lack of teams/lack of legit players = lack of players overall eventualy.

Bad players need to rush, good players can use most builds in any given situation. Its not hard to run behind a lvl 100 until a5 hell then grind tundra/wsk. Thats boring and pretty pointless. Most people like that are more interested in the number on the ladder than actualy playing the game propperly and contributing to a group. If all you can do is clear tundra then you fail, if you have worked on the build and done it propperly, you get a much better feel for the build overall. Rushed chars tend to be played very badly.

_________________
Bron wrote:
There's no cure for being a cunt.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:58 am 

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:36 am
Posts: 971
I have absolutely no care for a number on the ladder, tundra is boring to me but there is nothing I can do about it. It's the most effective way of leveling since there are no parties, and even if I had a party the chances of us all getting on at the same time and playing is too hard to sync up.

Regardless of what you say, a poison necro is the most viable and successful build in the game currently, and it's completely and utterly useless and reliant on other players pre 36. Even once you hit 36, you're pretty useless until you hit 40.

Because it sucks early on means it's bad later? No. Because a build is good early on means it's good and useable later? No. Viability early on is meaningless because just about anything can be viable early on, mind you, there are high 36 req skills that are built around and those classes tend to do nothing for the first 3 acts of the game but amp(poisonnecs), oak(fury/windies), etc.

It's all nice and well that you have friends you can play with, but everyone else doesn't, and even if we all got together and played I prefer to advance through the game at my pace and not restricted by when my party gets on.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:11 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:36 pm
Posts: 337
Location: BCN [ Spain ]
Angel , psn necro is useful since lvl 6, when gets psn strike. If you dont have the skills to use it properly because u are too used to get rushed to hell tundra.... its your own problem . And game is boring because you did it boring for yourself.

Playing d2 is not about going tundra and mfing constantly, thats fucking tedious and shit boring, only autists and douches would like to do that constantly. ( sometimes we need to mf though )
Playing d2 is going through the game, either with a team or solo, and see what your char is capable to. Both in SC and HC, in the 2nd one you have the survivality-addon, which makes the game more interesting for some of us, and less funny for others.
But good players will agree that rushing to tundra is not enjoyable at all.

Rest I wanted to say is alrdy said by other members before this post...


_________________
"I am who I am. Your approval isn't needed"


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:09 pm 

Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:21 am
Posts: 197
tonykantos wrote:
But good players will agree that rushing to tundra is not enjoyable at all.


So if someone rushes they can't be a good player because they aren't playing the game the same way you do, because they don't find enjoyment in the same things you do? Fail.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:42 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:02 pm
Posts: 1627
Quote:
So if someone rushes they can't be a good player because they aren't playing the game the same way you do.

There is only one way of playing - playing, not standing in town/near rusher.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:08 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:36 pm
Posts: 337
Location: BCN [ Spain ]
WolfStar wrote:
So if someone rushes they can't be a good player because they aren't playing the game the same way you do, because they don't find enjoyment in the same things you do? Fail.


I said "players" referring to D2 players, not jewish looters or nervous rushers.

The fact that they find enjoyment on getting masses of items on later game does not alters or negates the fact that that's NOT playing d2.

_________________
"I am who I am. Your approval isn't needed"


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:18 pm 

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:36 am
Posts: 971
Quote:
Angel , psn necro is useful since lvl 6, when gets psn strike. If you dont have the skills to use it properly because u are too used to get rushed to hell tundra.... its your own problem . And game is boring because you did it boring for yourself.


They're useless even with strike, it does pathetic damage and you aren't tanking shit early on without twink gear. Even walking up to strike and run is damaging and risky, not to mention it does absolutely nothing in comparison to actual classes that carry early on - bowas for example.

I played through the game, and never once have I gotten rushed to hell tundra.
A. No one I know can even rush hell other than myself.
B. If I choose to rush my characters via because I have the capability I should be allowed to. I played through the game once, doing it again is boring.
C. Boring to you may not be boring to me, vice versa. It's all nice and well that you enjoy fighting meaningless monsters that have absolutely no chance of dropping anything worth anything, but this game is most fun when the chance to drop something awesome is there. Obviously this is preference, and even then I don't sit there and MF tundras, if I do run tundras it's for the purpose of leveling(generally from 90-95 for anni).

Quote:
But good players will agree that rushing to tundra is not enjoyable at all.


You're going to access my skill level of the game based on how I choose to play it, without ever seeing me play? I likely know more about diablo 2 than you ever will know.

Regardless, it's complete and utter fact that people find more enjoyment in the end stages of the game than in the early stages. Why do you think people rush? I don't fucking care who you are, just about everyone rushes because the most enjoyable part of diablo 2(has been and always will be) is finding sick gear to gear your shit out and look/be better than everyone else.

Here's a reality check. Rushing to tundra is more enjoyable than playing through the game to tundra. That's why people do it, like honestly what is your reasoning why people rush to tundra, because they hate playing the game and are noobs who couldn't get there legit?
Quote:
The fact that they find enjoyment on getting masses of items on later game does not alters or negates the fact that that's NOT playing d2.


D2 is about getting items, why do you think there is a mechanic called Magic Find? Since the beginning of the game it's allure has been it's economic play, not it's actual game play. Don't get me wrong, it's fun the first few times, but it gets repetitive. You get no reward for playing through the game, however you do get items which act as rewards for killing later bosses/mobs. Which feels better:
-The satisfaction of killing NM countess
or
-Finding a Con ring

Latter is more appealing to me.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:10 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:36 pm
Posts: 337
Location: BCN [ Spain ]
Angel, you are saying an excesive amount of bullshits and lies and I could refuse each one with single words, but Im not gonna try to do a mature discussion with you, because you will just whine about my answers again and again, repeating the same forever. Mindclose.

Think whatever you want.

Only a pair of necessary replies :

Angel wrote:

D2 is about getting items


Thats your impression from d2, not mine neither many other players'.

Angel wrote:
Which feels better:
-The satisfaction of killing NM countess
or
-Finding a Con ring



I have just come from a NM act4 game on HC. We were playing it, and we hardly did beat him, with no deaths. The whole party enjoyed the game I can assure you. That bastard dropped nothing, but that doesnt matter: me enjoyed the pleasure of killing that prime evil.

Its not our problem if you dont like d2 mechs. and you only like their items

_________________
"I am who I am. Your approval isn't needed"


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:26 pm 

Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:21 am
Posts: 197
tonykantos wrote:
WolfStar wrote:
So if someone rushes they can't be a good player because they aren't playing the game the same way you do, because they don't find enjoyment in the same things you do? Fail.


I said "players" referring to D2 players, not jewish looters or nervous rushers.

The fact that they find enjoyment on getting masses of items on later game does not alters or negates the fact that that's NOT playing d2.


Wow, all this time that I had this game called Diablo II up and running so I could mf in it and find gear and I was actually not playing Diablo II at all!. You have truly opened my eyes with such a completely contradictory statement.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:33 pm 

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:36 am
Posts: 971
AKA your opinion > mine because you feel it's greater? You have no arguement, and you merely fail to authenticize it by saying "lots of players"(assuming majority, though this is likely not the case) enjoy your way of playing over the way I enjoy.

It's opinion. However, we are not the ones trying to fuck with the other's playstyle. Why do you care how other's play the game, does it honestly ruin your experience? Why do you get your panties in a bunch merely because someone is in hell and doesn't know where ore is?

The fatal flaw in this mod is that by the time you get items from monsters you're too high level to utilize it properly. Level 40 class items don't drop til late a4 normal, where you'll already be 50+, and you'd be lucky to find it legit pre nm a1.

You honestly don't seem to have an intelligible response to anything I say, merely stating your opinion and saying random insults towards me because our opinions differ. But excellent arguement, the "i know you are but what am i" works everytime, am I right?


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:52 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:01 pm
Posts: 1392
Quote:
Level 40 class items don't drop til late a4 normal, where you'll already be 50+, and you'd be lucky to find it legit pre nm a1.


Which makes your earlier statement completely null and void.

Quote:
I likely know more about diablo 2 than you ever will know.


You may in fact no more than he, but you obviously fail to know even this.

The fact is that none of us have the total control over how this mod is run. What most of do know is that when rushing, SSing and the like were seen to be abused things were made to be more challenging. That, for the most part, has been one of the most key features of this mod.

The reason why Soulmancer slacked back a bit was do to some folks a bit more leeway on getting to the end game. Some of us appreciated it a lot because we don't know a lot of folks, or really don't have the time to be a consistent party member. He kindly made things a bit easier in the earlier difficulties. Arguments like yours is why it may well be changed back. So you can bitch and moan about people not liking your play style, but the play style of the long term majority is otherwise.

Note carefully that I am not even taking sides here. I am plainly stating facts. If you so choose to, you should also note that I previously said, ah the flags don't slow 'em down much, so let it be.

_________________
The reader should not be discouraged if...he does not have the prerequisites to read the prerequisites. P. Halmos


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:47 am 

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:09 am
Posts: 734
rushing is easy enough and quick enough that, even with the flags, one should be able to get your character to late nightmare or even hell in a day.

i dont believe the statement made about "testing a build's viablity" one bit. it has been mentioned before: use an editor program to give the stats/skills/gear/waypoints to whatever character you want to test.

on the subject of boringness: i do agree that once you beat the game, it loses a lot of its luster. but, imo, removing the flags just made everyone HAVE to rush through the game. one person makes a public rush game, everyone else jumps on the bandwagon, and then there are a few left alone all at different stages of the game with nobody to team up with. after a while, it gets frustrating to wait for a party to get through with. when the flags were there, it seemed like there were a lot more games for people to team up with. now with the flags removed, all i see are games for rushes.

either way, it wont stop everyone from rushing and people having issues forming parties. i think the flags will lessen the problem though.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:55 am 

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:36 am
Posts: 971
Quote:
it has been mentioned before: use an editor program to give the stats/skills/gear/waypoints to whatever character you want to test.


Took me 20 minutes to make extremely BASIC gear(just +skills to test aura damage on holy freeze), setting all of the attributes would take much longer than just rushing and leveling the character.

Quote:
removing the flags just made everyone HAVE to rush through the game


Uh, if you have a party of people you can play with them, if you don't you're basically just pubbing groups and hoping people either know a high level or know what they're doing(the latter almost always false).


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:46 am 

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:35 pm
Posts: 191
Location: US East
Angel wrote:
Killing trash mobs through the whole game is boring - even the boss fights like countess and such are boring and unnecessary. Make something that rewards players, new content or something, rather than forcing everyone to grind it.

You can't do any of the mentioned things the first time during a reset anyways, when everyone is racing to kill hell baal and hit 101 first.

I agree. Countess has no viable reward besides a bunch of gold dropping when you kill the blood orb.

And by the way: make it so the quest ends when the Countess dies, not the Orb.

_________________
Go and terminate with extreme prejudice
Most people just take steps. I take dubsteps.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:51 am 

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:35 pm
Posts: 191
Location: US East
There are three unreasonable quests that I can think of...

1. Blood Raven: You can hire a mercenary at level 8, but killing Blood Raven gives you one for free.

2. Countess: See above.

3. Lam Esen's Tome: Only gives you 5 stat points. Make it worth the trouble?

Honorable Mention:

4. Forge: Free rare imbue. Dippity-doo.

5. Gidbinn: You get a worthless ring. Make it worth the trouble? Oh, and free mercenary if you never got one...

_________________
Go and terminate with extreme prejudice
Most people just take steps. I take dubsteps.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:39 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:26 am
Posts: 490
Location: Richmond Va
NewBastige wrote:
There are three unreasonable quests that I can think of...

2. Countess: See above.

In hell, she can drop up to Ber rune. Making her worth the trip.

3. Lam Esen's Tome: Only gives you 5 stat points. Make it worth the trouble?

Ummm...Hellz yeah!!

Honorable Mention:

4. Forge: Free rare imbue. Dippity-doo.

With this quest, you can make eth white items eth rare items. Then you can roll the rare item til it turns into something sick. Like 40ias/511ed on a weapon.


_________________
I was never more at home than I was in battle. - Solomon Kane


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:40 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:05 am
Posts: 422
NewBastige wrote:
There are three unreasonable quests that I can think of...

1. Blood Raven: You can hire a mercenary at level 8, but killing Blood Raven gives you one for free.

2. Countess: See above.

3. Lam Esen's Tome: Only gives you 5 stat points. Make it worth the trouble?

Honorable Mention:

4. Forge: Free rare imbue. Dippity-doo.

5. Gidbinn: You get a worthless ring. Make it worth the trouble? Oh, and free mercenary if you never got one...

1. You get a challenge, you get exp and you get drops that can be useful at that lvl (10ish).
2. Countess, needed to get to Andariel if the flags are turned on again.
3. 5 stat points are good enough. You usually run past the entrance to it on your way to flayer anyway.
4. Eth rares, extremely good when you find that gray collossus xbow for your merc or want another eth weapon to roll (eth tmauls, col blades, gmbs etc).

Edit: Damn Jay beating me to it.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:01 pm 

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:36 am
Posts: 971
Quote:
1. You get a challenge, you get exp and you get drops that can be useful at that lvl (10ish).
2. Countess, needed to get to Andariel if the flags are turned on again.
3. 5 stat points are good enough. You usually run past the entrance to it on your way to flayer anyway.
4. Eth rares, extremely good when you find that gray collossus xbow for your merc or want another eth weapon to roll (eth tmauls, col blades, gmbs etc).


1. A challenge? The fight isn't challenging, nor is the merc you can get for free, because it's going to be a fire merc and that's not nearly as good as a physical one.

2. Waste of time, if the players want to do countess let them, if they don't they shouldn't be forced into it. Like I said, it's nice to see all the new content and bosses/music the first time, not the fifth or sixth time.

3. Yes, I never said this boss wasn't worth killing. But most people go back and do it, give them the choice between that and doing it right away. Not everyone has a party to play with that can do it.

4. Okay? Any quest that takes that long to do is unreasonable to expect such an item from the reward, you'd be better off farming tundra for items you need than doing a quest, which is why quest rewards should be specific. AKA, den gives me +1 to skills, I know it will give this to me everytime. It's not going to randomly give me a shitty rare ring. Honestly, the ring MIGHT of been good in classic, because in classic you didn't have runewords and your gear was very limited, but in the expansion and this mod it's a waste of space.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:53 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:26 am
Posts: 490
Location: Richmond Va
Damn dude, bitch much? Sounds like you need to go make your own mod and stop bitching about the one we like to play. Or you could go back to bnet and use redvex or bluevex or w/e they have now and just run a bot all day. Because botting for items is how GG players do it.

_________________
I was never more at home than I was in battle. - Solomon Kane


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:02 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:05 am
Posts: 422
Utter wrote:
NewBastige wrote:
There are three unreasonable quests that I can think of...

1. Blood Raven: You can hire a mercenary at level 8, but killing Blood Raven gives you one for free.

2. Countess: See above.

3. Lam Esen's Tome: Only gives you 5 stat points. Make it worth the trouble?

Honorable Mention:

4. Forge: Free rare imbue. Dippity-doo.

5. Gidbinn: You get a worthless ring. Make it worth the trouble? Oh, and free mercenary if you never got one...

1. You get a challenge, you get exp and you get drops that can be useful at that lvl (10ish).
2. Countess, needed to get to Andariel if the flags are turned on again.
3. 5 stat points are good enough. You usually run past the entrance to it on your way to flayer anyway.
4. Eth rares, extremely good when you find that gray collossus xbow for your merc or want another eth weapon to roll (eth tmauls, col blades, gmbs etc).

Edit: Damn Jay beating me to it.

My bad the
Quote:
You usually run past the entrance to it on your way to flayer anyway.
Was ofc meant for the gidbinn quest. But I guess it could be applied to Sarina aswell. Otherwise, it's 15 pts more into a stat of you choice. Aka half a über gem, more than worth it.

And yes, the countess is a challenge if you do it right away when you get there. Aka around lvl 9-10. Granted it got alot (way too much) easier starting out now. But anyway, at lvl <10 it is still something that can kill you.

And also what Fury said.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:17 pm 

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:36 am
Posts: 971
Quote:
And yes, the countess is a challenge if you do it right away when you get there. Aka around lvl 9-10. Granted it got alot (way too much) easier starting out now. But anyway, at lvl <10 it is still something that can kill you.


Hope this is a joke, I'm level 9-10 when I get to CP.

Quote:
And also what Fury said.


What he said it meaningless, it's actually the people wanting the flags to be turned back on bitching about the mod that I play. Note, flags are currently in my favor, all of you should stop bitching like babies because people can play the game differently than how you feel it should be played.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:35 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:26 am
Posts: 490
Location: Richmond Va
Angel wrote:
it's actually the people wanting the flags to be turned back on bitching about the mod that I play. Note, flags are currently in my favor,


Your right about them being in your favor...and this was a mistake on Terry's part. In the 5 years Ive been on this realm, rushing has never been as bad as it is now, and this is she only HU that you know. So I don't blame you not wanting it to change. However, those of us who have been here for a while are frustrated at this, its Bnet all over again. And we dont like bnet, if we did, we would have stayed there.

_________________
I was never more at home than I was in battle. - Solomon Kane


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:37 pm 
Game Server Host
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:33 am
Posts: 4292
Long time players should be catered too not the new players who complain about things. The people who have been here for 4-5 years are the ones keeping the mod alive. Whatever though, driving away the old players to make room for the newcomers who will rush the whole game then quit because its "to easy" seems to be the way this mod is going.

No love for the long time players?

_________________
Bron wrote:
There's no cure for being a cunt.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:04 pm 

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:35 pm
Posts: 191
Location: US East
I do get some assistance at times from other players when my characters are in the hot seat. But I just don't quite like the idea of "I'll rush you".

One had done that to me, I quit halfway because the player was indeed going too fast for me to at least kill enemies and level.

Now, when things are in cooperative fashion, even with a high level in the game, that's what I do like. Don't get me wrong, others may have their own opinions on that idea, but that's just my side of it.

_________________
Go and terminate with extreme prejudice
Most people just take steps. I take dubsteps.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:27 am 

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:09 am
Posts: 734
Angel wrote:
Quote:
it has been mentioned before: use an editor program to give the stats/skills/gear/waypoints to whatever character you want to test.


Took me 20 minutes to make extremely BASIC gear(just +skills to test aura damage on holy freeze), setting all of the attributes would take much longer than just rushing and leveling the character.

thats pathetic on your part if its taking you that long to use a simple editor program. takes me about 3 minutes to skill and stat a character the way i want, and there are editor programs that use the files from the mod itself so you dont have to sit there making basic items.

Quote:
removing the flags just made everyone HAVE to rush through the game


Uh, if you have a party of people you can play with them, if you don't you're basically just pubbing groups and hoping people either know a high level or know what they're doing(the latter almost always false).


not everyone has a set party all the time. with everyone now rushing because of all the removed flags, theres nobody sitting in normal or nightmare anymore to team up with.

there are some quests that i agree dont need the flags (like the countess...that one is just stupid). but the main quest things need to be put back in place. im talking about: flail/travincal, and ancients. theyve always been important quests throughout the game.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:35 am 

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:36 am
Posts: 317
Location: Phoenix
Angel wrote:
I have absolutely no care for a number on the ladder, tundra is boring to me but there is nothing I can do about it. It's the most effective way of leveling since there are no parties, and even if I had a party the chances of us all getting on at the same time and playing is too hard to sync up.

Regardless of what you say, a poison necro is the most viable and successful build in the game currently, and it's completely and utterly useless and reliant on other players pre 36. Even once you hit 36, you're pretty useless until you hit 40.

Because it sucks early on means it's bad later? No. Because a build is good early on means it's good and useable later? No. Viability early on is meaningless because just about anything can be viable early on, mind you, there are high 36 req skills that are built around and those classes tend to do nothing for the first 3 acts of the game but amp(poisonnecs), oak(fury/windies), etc.

It's all nice and well that you have friends you can play with, but everyone else doesn't, and even if we all got together and played I prefer to advance through the game at my pace and not restricted by when my party gets on.



I apologize for calling all sc retards.............its very clear that u are giving them a bad name.............your one of the few guys that i would call a noob after you playing the game for ten years......You strike me as the type that pays ten bucks to have ur chars ubered to level 85 and fully geared, then runs around either randomly killing low levels or gettin others killed cause u don't know the skills or how to handle shit.

that being said I built a psn necro just to test it...........i found it op all the way from level 1 to my current level of 85. This char walked all but nm baal with a party and he owns ....nough said ...so he had no trash ability till 36, bfd .......thats what mercs are for. My smiter sucks shit overall but u get him on boss and hes great.

I think i came up with a good idea for psn necros but ill post it in the aprop forum

Have fun and see u tomorow

_________________
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Einstein

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. Einstein


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:38 am 

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:36 am
Posts: 971
Quote:
You strike me as the type that pays ten bucks to have ur chars ubered to level 85 and fully geared, then runs around either randomly killing low levels or gettin others killed cause u don't know the skills or how to handle shit.


As the person who industrialized Uber leveling as you know it today. Who was the first person to sell it as a service? Me.

Why do I use it to level? Because I'm remaking old characters for the SOLE purpose of chancing 2-3 dex points into vitality because I found a SLIGHT upgrade of my amulet and that extra 20 hitpoints matters to me.

Handle my skills? Top d2 pvp player and I'm sure I don't know how to use the skills, you sir are right.

Quote:
there are some quests that i agree dont need the flags (like the countess...that one is just stupid). but the main quest things need to be put back in place. im talking about: flail/travincal, and ancients. theyve always been important quests throughout the game.


It's not going to prevent rushers, and without making most of the quests required it'll hardly hinder them. If the point of adding the flags is to hinder rushers, then what is the point in adding in the update that barely does. Now I'll agree that players who don't even know where the pieces are found because they've never played through the game even once are pathetic, but for those who've played through it multiple times it's just something that I personally(and lots others) find unappealing.

It's preference.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:59 am 

Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:21 am
Posts: 103
turn the flags back on please..


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:20 am 

Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:23 pm
Posts: 86
I'm for turning the portal flags back on. It seems a shame that you can so easily avoid so much of A3 including 2 bosses and the council.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:15 pm 

Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:35 pm
Posts: 177
well all other points aside i would not like to see flags put back on for the 1 point that ther is no parties on hc atleast not for the last year that i have played hc.
ofc there is some exceptions like bob and rt which have helped me alot since my move over from bnet which ill never go back too till this community is dead (which it is about) but in truth the way the game stand at this moment would be great to have flags if there was parties and kevin pointed out the loss of flag was the loss of parties but i say it was long before thaT i mean hell i got char i made at the very first of this season that have not been able to pass act1 because there are no parties and i have tryied to play em thru in a group which i have had to give up due to the fact there is no groups. other thing is that i see why should we as a group take the advice of someone who has decide not to play no offense kevin but once u step out be out and not trying to influence the game . and here is the real point u want to have a unrushable game screw all the flags drop that bs and put a 5 lvl restriction into game that if ur not within 10 lvls of the lowest person u cant join what wheres ur rush now


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:53 am 

Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:23 am
Posts: 36
this late in the season, it doesn't mean dick to have quest flags on, everybody already has a char hell a5-whats the point of getting staff with ur "experimental char" when you can come in with ur high lvl and kill everything.

MOST of us have played this game through getting staff/pieces/dragon and all that jazz, just useless to put flags back on this late in the season is all im sayin.

Agreed with who ever said, people are going to quest or rush, its the way you want to play, you can chill a1/a2/a4/a5 and wait around to get quest, even if flags are enabled again.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:48 am 
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:48 am
Posts: 2432
Clown wrote:
u want to have a unrushable game screw all the flags drop that bs and put a 5 lvl restriction into game that if ur not within 10 lvls of the lowest person u cant join what wheres ur rush now


Was discussed long ago and rejected for the pain it would put on trying to mule.

Spiderweb aura remains the only feasible anti-rush option that has been kicked around IMO.

_________________
People who live in cinder block houses can throw whatever they want.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:31 am 

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:36 am
Posts: 971
Quote:
Spiderweb aura remains the only feasible anti-rush option that has been kicked around IMO.


What's this?


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:43 am 
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:48 am
Posts: 2432
An idea that I proposed a while back. You can apply an invisible aura state to all quest bosses that uses a relationship between the characters level and their movement, attack and cast speed. Basic concept being that high level characters would slow to a crawl when they got within the radius of the aura. It wouldn't kill them and they theoretically could still kill the boss, it would just be really freakin annoying to do and provide as a strong dis-incentive for high lvl characters to bother doing quests for low level players.

I think that Math might have put it in to play in his mod Aftermath, but I also think it was received very poorly there and he might have taken it out. Either that, or he never got around to implementing it. The reality is that while a community may often be vocal about anti-rushing measures, they tend to sing a different tune once they are implemented.

_________________
People who live in cinder block houses can throw whatever they want.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:51 am 

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:36 am
Posts: 971
Going to bet that everyone who has posted for the flags to be turned back on has had a high level help them or have been rushed. <3 hypocrites.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:29 am 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:36 pm
Posts: 337
Location: BCN [ Spain ]
Angel wrote:
bet


you lost it.


_________________
"I am who I am. Your approval isn't needed"


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:12 pm 
Game Server Host
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:33 am
Posts: 4292
Angel wrote:
Going to bet that everyone who has posted for the flags to be turned back on has had a high level help them or have been rushed. <3 hypocrites.


Oh really?

I played at the start of the season with no equip and no help and got past hell baal in a team of 3 second only to Pious' group on HC. You have been here how long? You got here when the rushing was rife and after the update that made everything ALOT easier and alot more boring. Maybe if you had been here from the start and had seen what the mod has to offer (or did have) instead of having everything rushed and handed to you on a silver platter you would have some decent input to give. As it is, all I have heard from you here is how much you love to rush and skip everything "because I have done it before". Quick point. Anyone can run through the game with one of the OP builds. Yes you have seen everything but you are still just wasting your time rushing weaker builds to hell tundra and running it over and over.

I is top of the ladderz on a game with 100 players... Well done.

Clown wrote:
other thing is that i see why should we as a group take the advice of someone who has decide not to play no offense kevin but once u step out be out and not trying to influence the game .

I am done for this season and done hosting. I would still like a semi decent game to come back too. I also have the viewpoints of someone who has been driven to stop playing by lack of groups etc. so I don't see why trying to steer the mod back to the great mod it was is a bad thing...

_________________
Bron wrote:
There's no cure for being a cunt.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:31 pm 

Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:35 pm
Posts: 177
PureRage-DoD wrote:

I am done for this season and done hosting. I would still like a semi decent game to come back too. I also have the viewpoints of someone who has been driven to stop playing by lack of groups etc. so I don't see why trying to steer the mod back to the great mod it was is a bad thing...[/quote]
Ya but u quite before the flag went off if i remember correctly but i do wish u would come back


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:35 pm 
Game Server Host
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:33 am
Posts: 4292
no, i played since the update, not for long as it pretty much killed my intrest.

_________________
Bron wrote:
There's no cure for being a cunt.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:11 am 

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:36 am
Posts: 317
Location: Phoenix
my first three hi level chars walked there way with all flags when it was actually hard to do. I got the quests done to prove it, I have two mid levels in nm that im just now gettin back to (healer and a lamasin).

I rush pple now, however im finding that the guys im rushing just die later cause they dont know how to play so, ive stopped rushing pure new guys other then actually killing baal or his minions and even there im tending to just do the bo thing and telling them how to do it, then lettin the chips fall :twisted: . The one exception is pple who are flat out stuck due to no parties. and a few times ive gotten on low levels and played with them with my low guys.

That being said please turn the damn flags back on or come up with some new ones.

How bout level based flags. I would get a kick out of being told i cant go in the red portal in act five unless im level 50+ just like the pic below

_________________
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Einstein

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. Einstein


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:01 am 

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:36 am
Posts: 971
I've played this mod on and off for 2 years, and I much prefer the flags off than them being on.

It's you, the hardcore players, that choose to resort to rushing instead of playing through the game which is you can't find any groups. Honestly, is the allure of an easy high level that high that you need to flags to be turned off to discourage yourself from doing it?


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:27 am 
Game Server Host
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:33 am
Posts: 4292
Angel wrote:
I've played this mod on and off for 2 years, and I much prefer the flags off than them being on.

It's you, the hardcore players, that choose to resort to rushing instead of playing through the game which is you can't find any groups. Honestly, is the allure of an easy high level that high that you need to flags to be turned off to discourage yourself from doing it?


I've played both SC and HC and SC is by far the worst. I only play Hc now due to the mega rushes killing Sc partys mid game. "we wont be able to kill diablo, im gonna get a friend to come do it".

The people who play hc are generaly better and don't need "help" to get past bosses. Just because you see people playing Hc and actually making progress, it don't mean we are rushing. It's abit cheap to come out with "its you, the hardcore players, that choose to resort to rushing." Especially when you haven't even played in a hc game.

there are people who need to be rushed on hc to make any progress, but its the same as it is on sc. Branding all Hc players as rushers is abit of a dick move on your part as im sure you will appreciate. For those of us who actually play the game on hc, being branded with that is abit of an insult. Myself and the people I team with play Hc for the challenge of having 1 chance only. That challenge is meaningless if you can't do anything on your own. Hc and Sc has nothing to do with it. Some people choose to rush a char later since they think that if they have one char who has killed hell baal or whatever they don't need to do it again. I disagree with this also for my own reasons.

Don't use the whole Hc vs Sc argument though because as a whole, hc has waaaaaaaaay less rushing going on than Sc has. Its a bit of a joke since Sc players have nothing to lose so i can see why you would assume that hc players would want to rush. The truth of it is though. Most hc players generaly play for the challenge and there is no challenge in following a level 100 char from a1 norm to a5 hell. If you are against it I can only assume you were having to hard a time of it before when it was a little harder to rush chars and a little more time consuming. If you want to rush thats your business, dont pretend you are a non rushing player though. There was nothing wrong with the quest flags since if you were playing legit you would be passing the places you need to go to get through the tp's anyway.

Again, im not saying rushing don't go on and im not saying ALL hc players are better than sc as there are some really terrible players on hc too. The majority are better though and most of us don't need to rush.

_________________
Bron wrote:
There's no cure for being a cunt.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:38 pm 

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:36 am
Posts: 971
I played HC for a while, couldn't find a party, solo'd all the way to diablo and then you helped me with diablo. Same shit imo - people have their cliques of friends and stick too it.

Quote:
The majority are better though and most of us don't need to rush.


If sitting back and clearing the entire area before doing bosses, getting a full belt of juvs beforehand, going to a fight 100% prepared makes you better than your views of superiority are completely skewed.

SC players can clear bosses with a belt of healing pots while being under-leveled as opposed to being completely prepared with a belt/inventory/cube full of juv pots. Don't know about you, but doing bosses earlier with less juvs sounds a hell of a lot harder than what you do in HC to me.

That said, if you die in HC you're done, but dying is extremely hard in most circumstances if you know the capabilities of the bosses you're fighting. Juvs keep you up, the only real way to die is to get one hit and if you have a party and know the things that are capable of it the chances are slim to none.

It's just a different playstyle, where as you have the patience to sit there are kill tons of mobs and find juvs before all major fights, I don't. Just because you like killing meaningless mobs doesn't mean I do. I played back when flags were turned on, and finding a party was equally as difficult.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:25 am 
Game Server Host
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:33 am
Posts: 4292
clearing an area before a boss is a standard thing to do. You saying that you run into chaos sanc without killing everything and spawning all 3 bosses at once?

People on hc usualy have a stockpile of juvs from running the wps. I dont remember the last time I had to do a juv run. Maybe at the start of the season. Enough generaly drop as you are on route to a boss so you dont need to pot run if you are prepared.

I don't see how you think everyone is overleveled on hc. I just done hell baal the other night at level 93 with another 7 players below 95.

Pious' group was untwinked and was past nm baal on hc at the start of the season at level 75. Thats not overleveled im sure you will agree. The trio I was in was 80ish for nm baal. 89-90 by hell diablo and about 94ish by the time we killed hell baal for the first time this season. However I have seen a lvl 99 barb on sc unable to kill nm duriel and having to call in a level 95 necro to "come help". Lmao wtf that about. There are good and bad players on both sides. Neither is better, both are totaly seperate. You cant say its the hc players who are all rushing It goes on, on both sides. you cant group everyone in together. We don't all need rushes.

_________________
Bron wrote:
There's no cure for being a cunt.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:58 am 
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:48 am
Posts: 2432
PureRage-DoD wrote:
clearing an area before a boss is a standard thing to do. You saying that you run into chaos sanc without killing everything and spawning all 3 bosses at once?


I can't tell you the number of times that I have been in softie parties where they don't bother clearin things out. There is often no safe walk back from the WP to the boss, which you think would be super common in Softie where people need to walk back to their bodies. Then again, I may be the only softie player who bothers to walk down to get his body, most people just seem to save/exit ~ could be due to all the str bugging gyrations they go through.

Point is though, very little clearing tends to go on. I have the old HC habit of always leaving myself a safe exit from an area in case I need to retreat, but that doesn't seem to be ingrained in Softies.

PureRage-DoD wrote:
People on hc usualy have a stockpile of juvs from running the wps. I dont remember the last time I had to do a juv run. Maybe at the start of the season. Enough generaly drop as you are on route to a boss so you dont need to pot run if you are prepared.


Same story on having juvs. No clearning, means no picking up juvs on route. Generally it is a case of "oh crap, I am at the boss and need juvs" despite me watching the party run past juvs that drop on the ground. Hence the notion that in order to have a full belt and some to spare you would need to farm some areas with champs.

These are certainly some generalizations and there are wonderfully talented Softie players out there, I have just noticed in the transition from the Red team to the softie team that there are some different habits in the generalized player.

_________________
People who live in cinder block houses can throw whatever they want.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:14 am 
Game Server Host
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:33 am
Posts: 4292
thats why people have such a hard time with bosses, dont bother clearing the areas so are to weak to manage it themselves. I just ran through a3 4 and just finished shenk with a friend on sc untwinked. Didn't encounter any problems with any of it and the speed was good.

_________________
Bron wrote:
There's no cure for being a cunt.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:09 am 

Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:21 am
Posts: 197
I used to play HC on bnet and it's always fun to look at certain softcore players. Zero caution. It's entertaining at the least. xD

But I agree, not clearing all the monsters on a safe path to the boss is so stupid and it irritates me when the group is just running. I'm a friggin' sorc, I die fast, and they are just running and expecting me to run with them and somehow tank all these random mobs. Annoying as hell. At least when I play with my bro we can do things right, but a two person party gets hard sometimes...


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:16 am 

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:28 am
Posts: 135
Location: nebraska
some still play like the quest flags are still there


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:49 am 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:40 am
Posts: 76
Location: sweden värmland
i like the way you think!!!

_________________
YOU CAN´T SPELL SLAUGHTER WITHOUT LAUGHTER


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:49 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:11 am
Posts: 977
lol...............
instead of a drop method to prevent rushing, we lose quest flags on portals.
I think its about time to start the poll again for the return of town portals, stop pussy footing around it already.
things change, but stay the same.

edit:
as a player that has done some extensive quest leaching, anyone that wants to rush their chars through the game after getting to hell or whatever would have no problems having 'waypoint' chars in norm and nm that would have little issue rushing the difficulty. the system im talking about is the anti hack one that would drop chars in hell from joining games made by chars not in hell same for norm and nm ect.
causes no problems with muling whatsoever, just takes away rushing as its known today. I cant recall all the details of the method and its gotta be over a year ago it was discussed. only DoD and I supported it.
whens the outcry for a reset starting this season btw

_________________
“Education has failed in a very serious way to convey the most important lesson science can teach: skepticism”


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:36 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:05 am
Posts: 422
I supported it aswell. Having nm/hell chars unable to enter a game made by a char in norm and hell chars unable to join games made by a nm char would atleast prevent people getting rushed past act bosses, if you also get the quest flags back on you will prevent alot of rushing aswell.

Sure you can still (and people will) have chars in a5 norm and nm that will used to get through those difficulties. But they won't breeze past everything like it is now.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:23 pm 

Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:58 am
Posts: 90
Location: Székesfehérvár, Hungary
I agree with quest flags, it should be turned back on. These joining restrictions are a good idea, maybe Duff and Mancer could add some lvl requirments to the portals too. Yes it would prevent most oh the rushing, but hey: The destination does not matter, it is the journey!

_________________
Roses are red, violets are blue
This poem should rhyme, but it doesn't.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:50 pm 
Game Server Host
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:33 am
Posts: 4292
there was very little support for the idea when i suggested it. Duff said it would be simple (ish) to implement (it would run through the antihack so that problem would need to be fixed first). Alot of the people who claimed they were against rushing showed their true colours when the suggestion was made though and I got a few laughs outa the excuses they made. :lol:

_________________
Bron wrote:
There's no cure for being a cunt.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:58 pm 
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:48 am
Posts: 2432
Is it possible that:

Hell character creates game --> any character can join
NM character creates game --> only NM & Norm characters can join
Norm character creates game --> only Norm characters can join

I still think that really sucks for the people who are on the edge (ie. your friends finish Baal and you haven't and they can't come back to help you get past him).

If it is this type of system though:

Hell character creates game --> only Hell characters can join
NM character creates game --> only NM characters can join
Norm character creates game --> only Norm characters can join

Then that 100% sucks as it removes the ability to mule.

_________________
People who live in cinder block houses can throw whatever they want.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:05 pm 
Game Server Host
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:33 am
Posts: 4292
the idea was that slayer chars cant join games created by a char without the norm baal quest etc. If you make your mule game with your hell char then you have no problems

_________________
Bron wrote:
There's no cure for being a cunt.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:20 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:11 am
Posts: 977
I too found it rather funny with the uproar against the system once it was made clear they couldnt use the "it stops my muling!" arguement.
Some might say that if you can just have slayers and lvl 60's in norm to rush the acts its no different, but it is. At the beginning of this ladder on sc there was I think 2 parties that completed the game. Oh, and LmT's duo. Every other group had help from somebody and then gave help to another group and so on. I like playing HU, not hide in the corner and hope the lvl 80 can kill normal baal for meh!
What I am getting at is it would take some time to make these 'waypoint' chars specifically for rushing, and for them to do it somewhat efficiently they will need twinking which will again take some time. the end result is more parties will have to come together for act bosses and difficulty bosses. Also even these 'waypoint' chars will likely need some sort of support on baal.
I really don't see how the arguement against such a system can be made and if one is, then let me have my town portals back - so when I'm ripping up normal on my lvl 96 I dont have to tab to run my lvl 5 allllll the way from flayer jungle! cause it just delays me from getting it to a5 hell! thats what it's all about right?

_________________
“Education has failed in a very serious way to convey the most important lesson science can teach: skepticism”


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:31 pm 
Game Server Host
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:33 am
Posts: 4292
Quote:
At the beginning of this ladder on sc there was I think 2 parties that completed the game. Oh, and LmT's duo.

LmT's duo failed at hell baal.

On a side note, so much for lower spawn killing single spawning, theres a hell baal game going on right now and they are depending on single spawning to make it work... with a healer too. LOL

_________________
Bron wrote:
There's no cure for being a cunt.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:24 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:01 pm
Posts: 1392
but for the most part, i don't see many SSing any more. They may get help from someone over leveled, but I have yet to be in a game that had someone say, everybody leave so I can SS meph.

_________________
The reader should not be discouraged if...he does not have the prerequisites to read the prerequisites. P. Halmos


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:34 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:11 am
Posts: 977
LOL?
cause whats the point, I got my lvl 94 here lets do it!

_________________
“Education has failed in a very serious way to convey the most important lesson science can teach: skepticism”


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: reqest flags be turned back on
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:56 am 
Game Server Host
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:33 am
Posts: 4292
Zikur wrote:
LOL?
cause whats the point, I got my lvl 94 here lets do it!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
Bron wrote:
There's no cure for being a cunt.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron