Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:16 pm

Post subject: Re: HU 1.5a .TXT files.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:18 pm 

I reviewed the HU v1.6 files, and found these issues with Hydra's situation:
1) The Hydra summon (hydra1) in monstats.txt was given the skill "hydraball", but that skill doesn't exist. I returned it (along with hydra2 and hydra3) to using the skill HydraMissile. They were also given a missile called hydraball, so I erased it (they don't use missiles anyways).
2) The HydraMissile skill was using missile hydra2, but rather than investigate that missile, I just switched it to hydraball, as recommended earlier in the thread.
3) The hydraball missile looked like it was a clone of firebolt, so I copied the row for "fireball" and pasted it over hydraball, except for the velocity (22), and range (25). I set the Skill field to Hydra. I changed the explosion range from 5 to 3, as recommended earlier in this thread.

Now the Hydras are casting HydraMissile, which uses a fireball-cloned missile called hydraball, which causes damaged controlled by the Hydra skill. This should be an acceptable fix, but someone should test it very soon.

Modified HU v1.6 files:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/8slfnzbtk17l684/HU%20v1.6%20HydraFix.zip?dl=0

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:15 pm 

You're the man. Tested it out on a char I was leveling. Works fine.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:07 am 

Hydra was changed to cast fireball at one point. This was seen to be way to strong. It was changed back, but not quite correctly. The last patch Mraw was making, this should be fixed. I imagine the skill being pointed to was deleted, and the other fields weren't corrected appropriately in 1.5a.

Offline Profile