Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:30 am

Post subject: Trying to make HU 1.5 into SP - need a little help
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 6:55 pm 

I'm Trying to make A SP version of HU for me and my nephew to play.

I know there is a 1.21 SP but I want all the new stuff from 1.5 so I'm trying to make it into SP for us.

I'm working on edit Bloodraven to get the hang of it.

I've found out how to make the bosses less difficult by editing MonStats.txt. I'm just making them do less damage but keeping there health high for long fights. I've also removed or lowered some of there spell levels.This was easy to figure out on my own.

But this next part I don't know if I'm doing it right.

I think I found out how to remove Bloodraven making you teleport when you get hit by her, it seems to work but I don't know if its the right way to do it.

I removed the hit-skill for Bloodraven in Monprop.txt and now she doesn't make me teleport , but I don't really know why that works. I know that monprop.txt. uses Properties.txt but there is no Properties.txt in HU 1.5 for me too look at. I don't know how or if the hit-skill makes bloodraven make you teleport or if removing that is making it not teleport me for some other reason.

Can some one tell me what makes some of the bosses teleport you and how to remove that the right way or if this is the right way.

Also I want to make it so the bosses Do not refill there health too full when you stop hitting them for like 10 seconds.I cant find out how there doing this in the txt files.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Trying to make HU 1.5 into SP - need a little help
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 2:02 am 

Hitskill, in this case would apply when her attack strikes the player.
Gethitskill, would apply if bloodraven took damage.

If I recall correctly, in later difficulties it may have both.
Monster files are somewhat interconnected.
The one you are looking at controls stats that are set, rather than rolled at spawn.

Here is a particularly useful place.
http://d2mods.info/index.php?ind=reviews

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:04 pm 

OK I get it now, thanks for the post and link. Though I already knew about the Knowledge Base, I found what I was looking for this time after getting there from your link so It helped me nonetheless.

What I wanted to know was how the hitskill got the skill it activated when it hits you. Now I see that that's what the par field is for. You add the skill ID from skills.txt there and when you get hit by her that's what skill is used.

Now I just need to find out how the bosses regenerate there health too full when you don't hit them for a little while.

Edit:I found out how to stop the healing, It has to do with the bosses inventory's and them having "magic hats".

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:22 pm 
Game Server Host

Bosses have a magic hat that applies a super powered prayer effect. The prayer heals for XXXXXXX *(1-stat_boss_hurt) (or something similar i forget the exact name used).

The stat is applied to bosses via monprop.txt. When the boss takes damage it has a 100% chance to proc a frozen armor clone skill that adds +1 of the boss hurt stat for X seconds. So when it is up, the prayer heals for XXXX *(1-1) = 0.

So the entire mechanic is applied via the skill boss prayer found on all boss hats. The healing is paused by the skill boss hault (again not sure exactly of the name it's been a while). The hats also grant absorb etc to bosses so it's best to not remove them completely unless you adjust all elemental damage etc. Much easier and safer to just edit how much Boss Prayer heals for in skills.txt or remove the aura from the hats. You could also keep the healing aspect and simply increase the duration on boss hault to 20 or 30 seconds so you have more time to retreat but retain the full hp on boss after being completely defeated.

Offline Profile