Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:17 am

Post subject: Static Animation
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:50 am 

Morning everyone :D

Can anyone help me with adding the animation back to static client side? It's a little hard trying to gauge just how far it goes without being able to actually -see- the attack. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Static Animation
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 am 

I'm not sure what's changed with StaticField, but there should be a few solutions to this. First note that the skill uses missile 'static', and that the values in Missiles.txt that control the range are Vel, VelMax (always make this match Vel in the solutions below), Accel (just leave it blank), Range (#frames the missile exists, 25=1second), and LevRange (just leave it blank).

1) In Missiles.txt, look at static.CelFile. If this is 'null' then while testing change it to something visible like ChargedBolt, and later change it back. Off the top of my head, I'd guess that decent values for a "fast" missile would be static.Vel=72, static.Range=5. Those values will give it a radius of 2/3 that of a regular Arrow (I think this would be full-screen at 800x600), and it will be three times faster than an Arrow.

2) In Missiles.txt, ignore the static row, and instead test with the 'arrow' row (first row). You will need to pick up a bow and some arrows with your test character. Start with test values that will definitely fit on your screen (Vel=24, Range=10). Experiment until the Arrow is travelling the right speed but 1/2 the desired distance. Now set static.Vel=arrow.Vel and static.Range=2x arrow.Range. Now reset arrow to its defaults (Vel=24, Range=40).

If you want to experiment with stuff like Accel, then know that it's not noticeable unless you use a number like 1000 or -1000. I think I read that this field is in units of 1/1024, and that each frame it adjusts the Vel by that amount. For example, if Vel = 20 and Accel=-1024, then 3 frames later the missile will be Vel=18, and 11 frames later it will be Vel=10. Note that missiles with Vel=0 do not automatically disappear, so you need to set their Range to disappear when they get very slow.

Offline Profile