Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:29 pm

Post subject: Can host European Server
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:06 pm 

Hey guys,

I recently installed HU whilst reading about it from Diablo Fans and i'm absolutely loving it. I went to play on the provided realm but felt it really wasn't playable with 400-500 latency. At the moment I play with just one via TCP/IP other but as we're nearing to Act 5, we're beginning to struggle.

As such I am asking if their is need for a European hosted server, and if others would be interesting playing on it, as I can provide it. Ultimately, I want to be able to play with all my pals but it's a pain to do it via TCP/IP.

I have a powerful enough machine I think - Quad Core Extreme running at 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM and a 100mbs up/down line located in Sweden. Pings around Europe should hit around 30/50.

Let me know if any are interested in this and I will look into it more!

Or alternatively, are there any existing European servers around that I missed?

Cheers.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Can host European Server
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:32 pm 

Purerage's server is in the UK, works great here in Sweden, But I have to say, something is wrong on your side if you get that high ping. I'm playing on a 2+ year old laptop, 100/100 line and never get that kind of latency other than during spikes. Even when sitting in the couch using my wifi.

Zerolags two servers are the worst for me though, but not unplayable by a longshot. And btw, I only play hc.

And you wont get to host as a new member here, to much idiots that has ruined the realm with hacks and shit earlier.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:44 am 

Utter wrote:
Purerage's server is in the UK, works great here in Sweden, But I have to say, something is wrong on your side if you get that high ping. I'm playing on a 2+ year old laptop, 100/100 line and never get that kind of latency other than during spikes. Even when sitting in the couch using my wifi.

Thanks for the reply. And how would I go about accessing Purerage's server? I seem to only have access to one. I also noticed that it may be offline on the 'Realm Status' thread?

Utter wrote:
And you wont get to host as a new member here, to much idiots that has ruined the realm with hacks and shit earlier.

And what's the best way to earn trust? :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:44 am 

Rage's server is down atm, think he's rerouting some wires in his house or something similar.

The ONLY way to earn trust is to be here long enough for people to know who you are and what kind of guy/girl you are.

Offline Profile