Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:21 pm

Post subject: Texas server host
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:54 pm 

I'd love to host for HU asap. I wanted to a few years back but I didn't have the hardware. It's in Texas. 24/7. Connection is 35Mb down / 6Mb up 20-25ms average on speed tests. Server 2008 on i7 2600k @4ghz 8GB 1600 ram. SSD drive.

Currently I'm unable to create games 3 out of 4 attempts along with the only server I seem to get when I do connect is duff can east which is sitting around 180 ping from here :? I host a 24/7 MC server as well that I've been working on for some time to give more of an mmorpg progression feel and I realized I would be able to host HU now really well. I figure a good central location like TX would be great for any US players not to mention I'd much rather play fair on closed bnet instead of attempting open with my friends considering it's easy to cheat.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4915731618

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Texas server host
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:15 am 

It would be quite nice for me (asuming i can get ensley's coming full download to work soon) to have one in central US.
One of the main things about hosting is also...who knows you, and your reputation. This probably sound elitist and crass, but there have been 'issues' in the past where this became paramount.
It looks like good one to have

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:05 pm 

Yeah I completely understand. Had the server up anyways so I figured it be worth asking.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:18 am 

I would say to make yourself known to those that are playing, particularly those that have been around a long time (oldest accounts date to roughly aug/sept 2009 when we switched over to our current spot). Quality servers are something that I am sure that all of us would like to see!

Offline Profile