Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:43 am

Post subject: Sword of a Thousand Truths
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:56 am 

Seriously. Would be epic if we had this haha. For those who do not know, it was a fictional item in World of Warcraft from an episode of South Park.

I think an epic sword is definitely needed. I hated how in Diablo 2 they made swords sort of obsolete. Same range and damage as axes? Swords should be glorified. Thought they are better here on HU, I don't really see many people using swords.

Also I may add, this may encourage more melee. Seems that like regular Diablo 2, casters still have the advantage. They definitely are more popular.

Melee seemed good but leach doesn't work vs most of the Hell bosses, undead, and minions.

Sword of a Thousand Truths
Zod Zod Zod Zod Zod Zod
Swords Only

10% chance to cast level 10 amplify damage on striking
Level 20 Fanaticism when equiped
99% Increase Attack Speed
1,000% Enhanced Damage
50 All Attributes
50 All Resists
50% Deadly Stike
10% Crushing blow
1% chance to reanimate as Leoric

Powerful? Indeed.
Expensive? Very
Awesome? Ubetcha

The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the souls tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore the soul deceive, despise and murder men.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Sword of a Thousand Truths
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:34 am 

Weird. 6 zods in an item, and yet destructible.
Cory, you are epic :mrgreen:

Seriously: ur item is imba.
ctc amp + fanta aura + awesome ias + stupidly high dmg + insane res and stat boost +10% cb + 50% ds

LOL. Did you ever think melee chars would be balanced and "cool" with that shit? Read carefully again:
I wrote:
ctc amp + fanta aura + awesome ias + stupidly high dmg + insane res and stat boost +10% cb + 50% ds.

Moreover:
Reanimating a boss ... did u ever think about that? a2 hell tal rasha tomb, kill a skeleton near a mummy who resurrects it until a Leoric is spawned. Lure all champ wyrms near him . GG. And with that wpn, Im not sure you will ever need to rely on Leoric.

If u want an epic sword, you got already the Wanderer, the uncursed sword( Athagan or Agathan? )
If you wanna do new items, reason the stats it gives, cause swords like that are really bullshit ( no personal offense ).

PS:
This is not the way to encourage melee. And melee is used, and quite popular enough. Many kinds of Were-Druids, barbs, pallys, sins... ther' are plenty of 'em.
Cory wrote:
Powerful? Indeed.
Expensive? Very
Awesome? Ubetcha

Powerful? Like nothing in HU.
Expensive? Try to buy Arizona State and you'll get the same result.
Awesome? Well, actually I miss "indestructible" stat.
It seems that when you put 6 zods in an item, in becomes destructible :roll:
Cory, you are the awesome one :lol:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:26 pm 

tonykantos wrote:
Weird. 6 zods in an item, and yet destructible.
Cory, you are epic :mrgreen:

Seriously: ur item is imba.
ctc amp + fanta aura + awesome ias + stupidly high dmg + insane res and stat boost +10% cb + 50% ds

LOL. Did you ever think melee chars would be balanced and "cool" with that shit? Read carefully again:
I wrote:
ctc amp + fanta aura + awesome ias + stupidly high dmg + insane res and stat boost +10% cb + 50% ds.

Moreover:
Reanimating a boss ... did u ever think about that? a2 hell tal rasha tomb, kill a skeleton near a mummy who resurrects it until a Leoric is spawned. Lure all champ wyrms near him . GG. And with that wpn, Im not sure you will ever need to rely on Leoric.

If u want an epic sword, you got already the Wanderer, the uncursed sword( Athagan or Agathan? )
If you wanna do new items, reason the stats it gives, cause swords like that are really bullshit ( no personal offense ).

PS:
This is not the way to encourage melee. And melee is used, and quite popular enough. Many kinds of Were-Druids, barbs, pallys, sins... ther' are plenty of 'em.
Cory wrote:
Powerful? Indeed.
Expensive? Very
Awesome? Ubetcha

Powerful? Like nothing in HU.
Expensive? Try to buy Arizona State and you'll get the same result.
Awesome? Well, actually I miss "indestructible" stat.
It seems that when you put 6 zods in an item, in becomes destructible :roll:
Cory, you are the awesome one :lol:

Figured the whole indestructible thing is a given. Since there is a zod in it. Runes you add into the runewords have their properties in the runeword ;)

There is a some melee. I'd still say 75%+ casters though.

The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the souls tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore the soul deceive, despise and murder men.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:33 pm 
Game Server Host

there is a cap of 511%ed, at least before jewels and other runes are added.

Zod Ohm Ohm Ohm Ohm Ohm could give a possible 761%ed as a maximum, though I'm still not 100% on even that. 511%ed is the max from any one source though

Offline Profile