Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:55 pm

Post subject: Sorc Firewall and Static Field suggestions for 1.41d
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:36 pm 

Edit: Static Field = Static, I wasn't aware that they changed it's name

Hi,
I was wondering about Firewall and Static Field. How it can be improved. Now I am going to share my thoughts with you guys. What do you think?

Firewall - One line of fire from which enemies easily walk off, and there are just a few enemies whose stand still in the fire. So here is my ideas how to Firewall be a more player friendly spell.

Idea 1: A straight line of flame come out from the caster towards the assigned destination. More points in it would increase the fire travel distance and duration. Hard points would increase fire's travel speed. (high end Firewall spell travel off/over the screen)
    Idea 2: make Firewall visual like Nihilathak's and Samhaim's purple fire (just the shape, not the color)
    Idea 3: make Firewall visual like the Meteor's burning effect on the ground. First it's effect is a burning spot (like a not moving Blaze) and hard points would increase it's size. At 20 hard points it's size would be a little bigger.
    Idea 4: make Firewall like enemies cannot pass through the Firewall, exclude bosses.
    Idea 5: simply increase Firewall's width/thickness by 3 or 4 times

Static Field - same spell as Nova just weaker and bigger. Why would we need one more same spell if we already have one in the same build?

Idea 1: make this spell like De Seis' (at Act4 Diablo) shock web line (what looks like assassin's Shock Web in a line). More points in it would increase the Shock web line's (Static Field) travel distance and duration.
    Idea 2: Static Field would act like and look like assassin's Shock Web but it would appear under the caster's feet in a Nova's range or a little smaller circle. It should have a 4(?) sec cooldown and 8(?) sec duration.
    Idea 3: make it stun enemies for a short duration.
    Idea 4: make it like Mephisto's circling lightning on the ground.
    Idea 5: make it like Hydra but instead hydra it would summon a Portal orb like object or what you like (which is untargetable and unkillable), upon death disappears. It's attack would be like Charged Bolt, but instead of attack straight it would spread one Charged Bolt in every direction in 360° in (let's say) 2sec interval. The number of charged bolts would increase by spell level. At one time you can only have 2 of them and it has a (let's say) 10sec duration.

Last edited by Doxorn on Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Sorc Firewall and Static Field suggestions for 1.41d
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:00 pm 

1) Firewall is fine. It's meant to be a boss killer and it works well on that end. I don't think it needs a change.

2) I agree wholeheartedly on Static Field. It's basically an exact copy of nova. No reason to have 2 skills that have the same function as synergies to each other. It's probably too late to make any real changes, testing, etc for the upcoming patch in terms of switching the skill to something completely different, but seeing something that acts differently than another skill would be cool.

I think it would be cool to have some type of area effect on static field that doesn't really deal damage but does some other function instead. Maybe enemies in the "static field" have a chance to be stunned or knocked back. Maybe it slows them down. Maybe it does something else? I can't off the top of my head think of something good, but I definitely agree that either static, or nova, needs to be changed because they are both one and the same.

Edit: Your idea number 4 on static is pretty intriguing.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:30 pm 
Game Server Host

#4 done

no change to firewall

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:40 pm 

Cool :)
I am very eager to test it, can you update the 1.41d Patch test link or just send me that file?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:28 pm 

probly its too late ... but the dmg is pretty low on that skill .. i made static nova thudner storm and synergies maxed and it give it 6k dmg .. and it last like 5 second ? so it have a chance to hit like 2 times before recast on a boss ? i think idea is good but on later patches will have to work it out a little ? i know nova is already close rang dmg but making that thing spin around the sorc it self and making it last longuer a bit wouldnt be better ? or buff the dmg ? i dont know this is a quick heads up

on top of thatt the idea is pretty nice good work guys !

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:43 pm 
Game Server Host

spam it so it hits more often, like firewall. I just kept static's damage and changed how it is dealt (faster, in a specific area). Should be ok if you add in TStorm damage too.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:22 am 

yeah i was just dicking around with it and nova and the new static seem a little conflicting. you can spam both, but novas range isnt too great, so might as well spam static esp for safety sake. maybe nova needs a change as well? someone else play around with it and give me their thoughts

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:06 pm 

This skill would be cool if this would be nova just like diablo one. But casted from clicked with mouse place. Pure magic :) Nova would start in center and stop for time as circle. More magic :)

Offline Profile