Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:46 pm

Post subject: Bring back the Organized Suggestion Feedback
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:35 pm 

Lets open another "organized suggestion feedback" and let not allow posts that are not suggestion polls, for every single suggestion there must be a poll, and the discussion on the same post.

So we get to discuss and vote for every single suggestion and work out every suggestion until it fits the community acceptation on atleast an 90%

so much hate and flaming toward each other here and there.... we are all brothers, and most of us even when we are not close friends, we know each other for almost a decade, we are all a big huge brotherhood and we keep coming back, and we will come back for every patch, so lets get organized and work this thing properly together.

Lets set a format for all the polls, and here we could use some ideas, i think something like this could be fine:

** I approve, ready to apply change
** Its fine but could use some adjust
** Its not fine, do something else about this
** I completely disapprove, leave it as it is

Until the "I approve" is the most voted option by much, we keep working on the suggestion. ("Allow re-voting" option must be on)

Last edited by Wolfs on Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Bring back the Organized Suggestion Feedback
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:39 pm 

I'm aware that some of what I'm suggesting might not be a good idea, but I feel like I should post it anyway and get feedback. Some of these are from me, some are from other people or people from my playgroup.

Assassin:
Martial arts-
1: Nerf Phoenix strike damage by about 15-35%
Reasoning: Phoenix strike massively outdamage all the other charge skills while also doing magic damage.
2: Add synergies to every MA elemental charge skill with a similar cap to Phoenix.
Reasoning: Before Phoenix was changed, it was possible to max 1, two or even the 3 elemental charges to boost Phoenix tri-elemental damage. Since this does not work anymore and Phoenix is nothing but magic damage, I think being able to max say, Fire and ice for example, and have both get synergy without having to level Phoenix.
3: Dragon flight doesn't benefit from dex/str nearly as much as Dragon tail, making it a sub-par damage skill. I have no idea if it is possible to fix, but it's worth looking into it.
Reasoning: The damage % is twice that of dragon tail and it is vastly outdamaged by it still.
4:Claws of Thunder should be buffed in one way or another.
Reasoning: Phoenix has better damage and AOE. Fists of Fire has nice DOT, Blade of ice has great AOE and clears well. Claws of thunder has nothing in particular that makes it shine.
5:Move Fists of Fire to level 1, Claws of thunder to 6 or 12, and Blades of Ice to 20. Phoenix stays at 36.
Reasoning: The different charge skills are pretty weak early on before it is maxed along with the synergies. This might not be necessary if the MA charges get synergies between each other.
6: Replace the 4 elemental charges by one charge and multiple passives that add elemental/magic damage to the charge (So you'd be getting multiple elemental damage from a single charge, like the old phoenix was doing)
Reasoning: I kind of miss the old Phoenix and its ability to deal multi element without having to swap skills. No real reasons apart from that.

Shadow Disciplines-
1:The damage on Mind Blast could be moved to pure magic instead of physical.
Additionally (and/or) Mind Blast could use a Blast Radius increase per level.
Reasoning: Mind Blast already does pretty weak damage from late NM to hell and every piece of gear made for Mental sins include magic pierce, which does absolutely nothing MBlast. The Blast radius is pretty small compared to most AOEs.
2:The Venom self synergy was apparently removed last patch. Bring it back.
Reasoning: I have no idea why it was removed, but it was a big part of the damage from it.
3:Make the defense bonus from Cloak of Shadow passive and/or change the added overlay and/or add a sound at the end.
Reasoning: Unless you make a mental count to know when it ends, you almost always end up without the defense buff for a few seconds, which could be lethal in a fight. Furthermore, the new particles added are extremely difficult to see in melee range and there is no sound at the end of the shadows to indicate it's over. This makes cloak of shadow a great, but annoying to use, defensive skill.
4: Give passive casting speed to the Shadow Warrior/Shadow Master
Reasoning: Maxed shadow Warrior can add a lot of damage with Mental Blast/ Psychic hammer, well it would if it had any casting speed at all.
Traps-
1: To my knowledge, Blade sentinel still doesn't use life or mana leech. If that is confirmed to be the case, fix it.
Reasoning: I'm pretty sure it was supposed to leech. At least, I was told it was.
2:Blade Shield could use some sort of defensive buff. FHR, Faster block rate, whatever.
Reasoning: Don't really have one. I just always thought it was weird it gave no defensive buffs at all. Doesn't have to be a lot either. 1% per hard/soft point would be plenty.

Barbarian:
Masteries-

1: Is there a particular reason why melee mastery doesn't get critical chance on soft points?
Reasoning: Other classes get free critical strike per soft points, why not the barbarian? Additionally, and/or, add critical strike synergy to melee mastery with the various combat skills.

Combat skills-

1: Add a small damage nova to WhirlWind to increase its ability to clear trash.
Reasoning: Whirlwind sucks at clearing trash compared to the new stun change.
Giving it the ability to hit everything around him whenever he attacks would help a lot and bring it back where it belongs.
2: Something should be done about the damage synergies of the combat skills. Reasoning: The % is generally far too long to make much of a difference and is almost always awaste of points, unless you're going Double Throw or maybe Whirlwind.

War Cries-
1: Remove battle command and add a +1 all skills by default with BO /or give it a self synergy so it gives an additional +1 all skills every X hard points.
Reasoning: It's a one pointer that gives absolutely nothing if I put any other points in it. Or if I get it on an item. It's ugly.
2: Increase the base radius on Blade of Arreat.
Reasoning: 4 yards is very much nothing at all. With how useful this skill would be with a decent radius, it's a shame.

Thats all I can think of for now. I'll add more later.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:41 pm 

Ok, I've been doing a lot of thinking and have come up with some ideas about the patch and future direction.
A portion of the community agrees that this patch is too difficult for multiple reasons. Also it was agreed before that the previous patch was too easy. I think the future direction obviously should be towards some balance between the two erring slightly on the side of the previous easier patch. The reason for this is because inevitably people disappear after a month or two, and when we have balance towards full parties and high difficulty, smaller parties and solo play suffer quite a bit. Especially after the ladder rush craze subsides.

In my opinion, the best thing about the current patch is the fact that telegraphed attacks do substantially more damage. This was a great idea that requires people to be on their toes more than previously. If we slightly nerf these attacks it could be beneficial. Right now when NM council members are hitting for nearly 13k its hard to imagine how to deal with the damage they will put out in hell. I think Act bosses for the most part are in a good spot, though some tweaking could definitely help there as well. I don't know for sure because I haven't reached this point, but I feel that NM Baal's meteors probably put out enough damage to one shot any non tank. Sure those meteors should do a substantial amount of damage, but maybe save the certain 1 shot meteors for Hell Ba'al. Maybe the difficulty of norm and nm should be slightly nerfed, and the difficulty of hell nerfed to a lesser extent. There's no real way to make accurate nerfs without testing. Rawk had a good idea to deal with this by making these high hitting attacks into smaller multi-hit attacks which would allow absorbs to kick in. Both these options seem good, nerfing big one hit telegraphed boss skills, and changing some into multi-hit attacks.

There was issue brought up with the moving of many sub-bosses. TBH I actually like the moving of the bosses. I feel like the variety managed to help keep some interest for me, and I also like Rawk's idea that some bosses will move around each patch to keep variety. It seems many of the community did not like the extent to which bosses were moved which I can understand as well. It seems that we can try to come to some agreement as to what extent of boss moving is ok. Maybe the switching around of pre-act bosses would be ok while moving most other sub-bosses to original positions? Or do people believe everything should return to original positions.

Another issue that was brought up was the difficulty of finding required party dynamics, namely the requirement of having BO and Oak to progress at a certain point. Some people like the idea of merging oak and bo into one buff, and increasing the power of that buff. I can see the logic behind this idea, and i originally agreed with it, but after thinking about it I am not sure it is a good way to solve the issue. I think Barbarians would be more popular than druids and druids would likely fall off the radar as their main unique identifying asset, oak, would be gone. Also it was suggested that the duration of this hp buff be reduced to a couple minutes. With the current situation this would really hurt any non barb/druid that had to farm solo. As a sorc I don't think i would feel anywhere near safe farming trash in a5nm with 6.5k life considering that blue serpents in arreat seem to be able to put out a charge for more than that life total. Maybe this is supposed to be a party mod, but its unrealistic to expect that everything be done with a party including farming trash. Maybe people disagree? Sadly I don't have any good ideas for this oak/bo issue as of now.

Another issue is related to tanking. At a certain point it seems the only tank that has the life bulb to take hits dished out by bosses is a Barbarian. A druid can manage a great life bulb as well, but the difficulty of keeping up oak while tanking, and the lack of natural resistances make it substantially harder to gear well for many encounters. Paladins, Assassins and Zons just can't get the life bulb required to not get one shot by bosses. Their avoidance skills, Damage res% stacking or auras help substantially but something will eventually get through and everyone will let out a little chuckle at the explosion of guts. One option could be increasing the Hp% buffs Mraw added to fade/hshield etc, but definitely not to the extent at which increased stamina buffs hp%. It wouldn't be a good thing if Barb was the weakest tank after War was obtainable.

For myself, overall I've been enjoying the new patch. There are good things and not so good things and hopefully we can take the good with us and leave the bladesin bug behind at some point.
Anyway, hopefully some of this makes sense.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:51 am 

locryan wrote:
There was issue brought up with the moving of many sub-bosses. TBH I actually like the moving of the bosses. I feel like the variety managed to help keep some interest for me, and I also like Rawk's idea that some bosses will move around each patch to keep variety. It seems many of the community did not like the extent to which bosses were moved which I can understand as well. It seems that we can try to come to some agreement as to what extent of boss moving is ok. Maybe the switching around of pre-act bosses would be ok while moving most other sub-bosses to original positions? Or do people believe everything should return to original positions.
The moving of bosses isn't bad in and of itself. The problems I have are as follows. 1) New boss locations in a massively smaller area, think Durance of Blood with all the critters there.2) Sub-bosses in A1 damages not scaled to available gear without time spent farming, gambling or crafting so early on. Not saying it should be a cakewalk, but toned down a bit to correspond with act and expected levels.

Another issue that was brought up was the difficulty of finding required party dynamics, namely the requirement of having BO and Oak to progress at a certain point. Some people like the idea of merging oak and bo into one buff, and increasing the power of that buff. I can see the logic behind this idea, and i originally agreed with it, but after thinking about it I am not sure it is a good way to solve the issue. I think Barbarians would be more popular than druids and druids would likely fall off the radar as their main unique identifying asset, oak, would be gone. Also it was suggested that the duration of this hp buff be reduced to a couple minutes. With the current situation this would really hurt any non barb/druid that had to farm solo. As a sorc I don't think i would feel anywhere near safe farming trash in a5nm with 6.5k life considering that blue serpents in arreat seem to be able to put out a charge for more than that life total. Maybe this is supposed to be a party mod, but its unrealistic to expect that everything be done with a party including farming trash. Maybe people disagree? Sadly I don't have any good ideas for this oak/bo issue as of now.[/quote]I didn't care for the idea from the word go. Pally's have lost quite a lot, more so than any other class due to so many auras on gear these days. If anything we need to roll back some of the available auras on gear. It used to be a good party had to have a variety of toons in various roles, remember the prayer bot barbs?

locryan wrote:
For myself, overall I've been enjoying the new patch. There are good things and not so good things and hopefully we can take the good with us and leave the bladesin bug behind at some point.
Anyway, hopefully some of this makes sense.
I've both liked and disliked the patch, some of the issues were due to it being somewhat rushed out, some a lack of a good true testing.

Offline Profile