King Leoric Encounter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM_9Rc1B00M

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Patch Teasers
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:02 am 

cool

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:53 am 

So, in early to mid a1, who the fuck is going to be able to do that? Instead of teasers, you should try to find more people to host this piece of shit you call a patch.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:22 am 

FuryCury wrote:
So, in early to mid a1, who the fuck is going to be able to do that? Instead of teasers, you should try to find more people to host this piece of shit you call a patch.

I'll offer up to host. posting it in hosting thread now! we do need more hosts.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:44 am 

FuryCury wrote:
this piece of shit you call a patch.

+1

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:04 pm 

k cya

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:36 pm 

Things got stagnant last ladder and it looked like HU was on a downward spiral. Mraw made some excellent changes but rl called and he was mia, which happens to us all from time to time. It was agreed by many that more changes were needed to keep interest in HU, but initially no one was stepping up. Finally Sapphire decided to put some work in. Some things didn't turn out quite as expected or to peoples liking and so now its stomp on Sapphire time. How about giving suggestions rather than completely bashing the large amount of work someone put in. People complained about the moving of bosses and he said he would move many back to their original positions so he's at least receptive to other opinions. idk just my two cents.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:38 pm 

FuryCury wrote:
you should try to find more people to host this piece of shit

why do u need more host ? linux is enough for that 10-15ppl who play HU tbh and u should host more instead of talking shit.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:58 pm 

The idea as such is pretty nice, resembling the Leorics Tomb encounter from Diablo 1, right?

However, are those Death Knights tuned down to match Act 1 chars?

- This might be an issue for some players, but not for me, since i appreciate the little non-linearity, that is already present with a lot of content (i often skip the smith a1, radament and fire dragon until i am confident enough to face those).

What about a new recipe to reforge King Leorics Crown? Shattered pieces are found exclusively in this encounter for example.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:14 pm 

Ares wrote:
FuryCury wrote:
you should try to find more people to host this piece of shit

why do u need more host ? linux is enough for that 10-15ppl who play HU tbh and u should host more instead of talking shit.

I've hosted off n on for 8 years, I've put in my time. TBH, I find it a waste of time/bandwidth to host what is now HU, that's why I deleted the game and hosting software.

Just my 2cents, might not even be worth that.

If others enjoy what the mod has turned into, good, enjoy. out with the old, in with the new.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:10 pm 

This new patch is complete shit. Not everyone has artistic retention, it seems. You just seem like a twelve year old pumping 9999 numbers and explosions everywhere because that's so fucking cool. Way to take a dump on the only worthwhile mod around.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:02 pm 

Oxygen wrote:
This new patch is complete shit. Not everyone has artistic retention, it seems. You just seem like a twelve year old pumping 9999 numbers and explosions everywhere because that's so fucking cool. Way to take a dump on the only worthwhile mod around.

I disagree. Just like any patch there are changes. Thats the point of a patch. you think everyone would still be playing HU for as many years as its been around if it stayed the exact same as the first patch Soulmancer put out? I think its a little unfair to bash people for work and time they put in for free to try and liven the mod up. Just with like with any changes there are some who will look at what has been done as a good first step. Does there need to be fine tuning? Yes. Name one patch that hasn't needed that. Provide constructive feedback instead of just putting shit down.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:37 pm 

I'll first say that I am having a good time playing this recent patch, but I'll admit that I can understand where people have criticisms.
It seems that many people have issue that oak and BO are basically required at a point in the game and many groups have had trouble finding druids to play with. I can understand that would be frustrating. The suggestion that oak and BO be buffed substantially and also become the same buff seemed like a good option. In that case you would only need either a druid or a barb. Maybe some people feel this idea is too much of a change from the original intention or hurts the usefulness of either individual class?
Another issue was about bosses being moved. It seems that issue was considered and future changes will move some bosses back to original positions.
One issue I have is that tanking is mostly feasible by a Barb due to the huge Bulb they get from stamina, and skills like natural res. Druids might be 2nd with lycans hp buff, but they don't have the other defensive capabilities to manage res etc, and managing oak as a tank is probably not a good idea. Other classes hit a barrier at some point where they just don't have the life to take the hits certain bosses put out. Maybe carefully increasing the passive hp buffs(holy shield/fade etc.) that Mraw added could help?
I like the idea of telegraphed boss abilities dealing substantially more damage, and requiring people to pay attention and dodge what they can. A prime example being meteors and glacial spikes. Getting past act bosses often ends up being quite a bit more satisfying than before for myself.
Anyway, please share your opinions it would be good to get a feeling of what the community thinks.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:14 am 

stfo FuryGAYcury , alone player

dont cry, this game(D2 mod) is destroyed because of players like u

greetings

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:19 pm 

Lord-Turin wrote:
stfo FuryGAYcury , alone player

dont cry, this game(D2 mod) is destroyed because of players like u

greetings

yea stfo!!!! whatever that means. you mod destroyer you! how dare you host a server lmao.

though don't have much faith in melee characters right now, with the huge CB nerf physical melee characters may as well be hitting bosses with a cardboard sword and it doesn't appear the damage boost from str has helped alleviate that.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:47 pm 

Fury is a good guy, good player, and he had the best server on the realm. It would suck to lose him from HU. Give some feedback if you have time and hopefully there can be some compromise in future patches.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:52 am 

locryan wrote:
Give some feedback if you have time and hopefully there can be some compromise in future patches.

Waste of time.

Let me see if I can piece this together. The person modding was questing in a larger HC party. They do norm and start nm, but find out they need more damage from their DPS to do things fast enough to be safe. Low n behold, out comes 1.41c all of a sudden, with a 40% hidden synergy to bladefury.......

What's next? Built in godmode/maphack for Rawk and his f/list?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:36 am 

FuryCury wrote:
locryan wrote:
Give some feedback if you have time and hopefully there can be some compromise in future patches.

Waste of time.

Let me see if I can piece this together. The person modding was questing in a larger HC party. They do norm and start nm, but find out they need more damage from their DPS to do things fast enough to be safe. Low n behold, out comes 1.41c all of a sudden, with a 40% hidden synergy to bladefury.......

What's next? Built in godmode/maphack for Rawk and his f/list?

To be fair.... HC never used a bladesin to advance with the leading party. (I have the highest bladesin on HC and I'm in nm act3, Their party is in nm act5)

Also, if they were going to bug anything to advance, I'm sure they would have bugged smite lol... HC is the only place where a smiter is actually used.

Offline Profile