Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:00 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ] 
 Post subject: Wath you guys think of Respec?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:43 pm 

Hi

ive been playing Hu on hardcore for like, 2 season right now. Probly its just me probly its not but, i deleted over 4 char once ending on hell and realizing that the build i was looking for either Dont work well, or ive made some mistake in Stats, or skill. For some ppl who play either softcore or hardcore and dont have Vets around you or multiple friends to play with, heading to the 90's can be fucking long. depending on the time u have to play and the help you have next to you. and realizing that after all that time / effort you made and the char simply sucks or u made a no turning back error simply suck. this is why im asking if you could make a RESPEC scroll or potion or wat ever , possible.

i was thinking about that and after playuing on 1.12bnet once that respect came out it was nice cause for sorc as a reference, cold sorc was sucking in normal, so we could make a Fball sorc for normal then respect and shit for later in the game. But it also cheesed the game ALOT. this is why for Hell Unleashed i was thinking of a different method to get the REspec. so we dont cheese the game, but we simply dont waist hours / months or plays to simply hit DELETE . so here the way i see this.

Once you beated the whole game this means:
Normal All quest
Nightmare All quest
Hell All quest.

the next time you kill Hell BAAL, he could the a respec either potion or anything like a scroll i dont know.
And once you use that respec you get back all the skill / stats you invested but ALSO it erase all your Quest in Hell. or possibly normal nightmare also but this could possibly be USELESS. it will feel like a waist of time. but this could be negotiate i guess.

so lets look at this. who get the horadic malus quest done ?
this is simply 1 quest. but there is some more like that.
act 3 gibdin ?
act 5 soldiers ?

so it will force ppl to do those quest, instead of skipping it.

so here it is: we need ALL the quest done in normal nightmare hell to have the TOKEN to drop. once we useit it clears all HELL quest. so to get an other token you will have to clear HELL Again.

im saying baal as an exemple cause samhain seems a bit to difficult to drop that token to Me.

Let me know your Feeling about this. and btw
1) sorry for my english i know it is terrible
2) i dont know anything about modding txt / or wat ever that is requiered to do those so im simply throwing this in the Air as an idea and i have no idea if it will needs hours and hours or if it even doable.

But thats my little bit of contribution for 1.4 or maybe 1.4a if it cant be dont for this reset.

GL and again. good work on that incoming patch it sounds awesome to me.

iiNfluence

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Wath you guys think of Respec?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:15 pm 

We can't do respecs on this version of d2.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:41 pm 

TL;DR ya they'd have to do way too much work to make this mod and D2SE run 1.13c

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:01 am 

And respeccing is lame

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:58 pm 

You can make respec via home page. Saw on one regular diablo 2 server 1.12 patch or so. You logged into forum/page and marked respec stats or skills accept and here u go :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:42 pm 
Game Server Host

I can enable respec via a consumable item, but uuh... I don't think it's really a great idea to start with.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:51 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
I can enable respec via a consumable item, but uuh... I don't think it's really a great idea to start with.

Stat respec, skill respec or both? If we're talking about respec, we have to talk about limitations to it. Having freely available respecs would obviously be problematic. (Boss is immune to you, respec to an element it has weak resist to, kill boss, respec back etc)

I don't think I'd mind a once per difficulty respec, but even that seems risky to me. The repercussions of having access to respec have to be discussed.

My suggestion would be getting a respec once a difficulty after kill baal.
The only two times I can see respec being useful is at the beginning of nightmare and hell.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:56 pm 

yeah having mancer with a 2% chance to drop a respec item might be fun :P I feel like its way to much work though and not needed.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:43 pm 

It would be cool if any super unique monster (i.e. Bishibosh, Mephisto, etc) had a very small chance to drop a respec item. This should only start in Act 4 of NM so you can't just farm them at low level with no effort. So the first guys to drop it would be Izual in NM and any other super unique guys around. Then all of A5 NM and all of hell.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:06 pm 

Please, ffs no.
Making a char to plow through till (whenever), and then being able to respec to something else will only bring abuse via muling.
Regardless of this...just..please...no.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:32 pm 

but if I get carried on my summon druid then respec to rabies druid and rush all my chars it will be great

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:19 pm 

Sounds fine to me. Maybe once per difficulty?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:46 pm 

kramuti wrote:
Please, ffs no.
Making a char to plow through till (whenever), and then being able to respec to something else will only bring abuse via muling.
Regardless of this...just..please...no.

pretty much my thoughts.

although i suppose it would be more fun for some players. this change would definitely make the game a bit easier for everyone.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:18 am 

IMHO, respecs killed vanilla. 1) far, far, far too easy to get. Way too lame, no longer if you goofed did you need to start over and actually plan. 2) I saw many who would build one way to level, another for bosses and yet another for PVP and a third way for mfing. No, I do not like it. However, that being said I could see it as a possibly one time thing, once per char and only after say hell Baal, maybe in conjunction with say killing Nihl. and Having Anya give it with personalizing an item. That would be the ONLY way, I'd ever say ok to that idea.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:08 am 

no

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:35 pm 

NO! :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:45 pm 

No

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:46 pm 

Nope.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:56 pm 

So give respec of just stats. Realy keeping low stats just to make perfect or nearly perfect char is tedious and always there's change of items in patches. Some people want find item not read what new items are in describtion just to know if their char got some buff.
It's just annoying and tedious to the limit as tank/melee character who need a lot str to keep it on good range. You have to sockets all around anytime u want change gear untill you got perfect. Nobody want extra str on tank.
Give 3 potions of respec stats and we are fine. No more terdious stats counting like nerd. It happens also u give some by mistake to much or so.
Before reset there's few days this is great idea
Anyone hate those stats savings... and diarrea calculations
Im pretty dam sure...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:38 pm 

Chlebo wrote:
So give respec of just stats. Realy keeping low stats just to make perfect or nearly perfect char is tedious and always there's change of items in patches. Some people want find item not read what new items are in describtion just to know if their char got some buff.
It's just annoying and tedious to the limit as tank/melee character who need a lot str to keep it on good range. You have to sockets all around anytime u want change gear untill you got perfect. Nobody want extra str on tank.
Give 3 potions of respec stats and we are fine. No more terdious stats counting like nerd. It happens also u give some by mistake to much or so.
Before reset there's few days this is great idea
Anyone hate those stats savings... and diarrea calculations
Im pretty dam sure...

no

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:11 pm 

go play d3

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:18 am 

You just jelly bastard veterans who suffer many ladders. And learn how to alloacate points. Now u enjoy having superior character just because u dont allocate 15 stats in neccesary thru out game str. Your anger does not make sense. Any other reason behind not wanting stats reset? or you just gona play 12 years old at age 25? Anyone know how tedious is statss allocating aspecialy on melee cuz u need items to tank. Not like caster who can chill her safe ass behind.
What is the reason of not wanting stats reset pot? Stats pot is not skill one and does not make even 1 bit easier the game. I think you should move to another game cuz u got some mental problem about game. There's 6 years cap on working in butchery. Hu should be so too. :twisted:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:18 am 
Game Server Host

You don't need to calculate how much str you need. If you need strength for a piece of gear, add to strength or craft some rings. Why even have stat points if you are just gonna remove all from str and add to vit with respec after hell. It's easier to just not allow you to spend stat points and give you 20 hp per level extra and 100 base strength at start. Pretty much every melee I ever make has around 80 strength, its better to have enough str and open sockets for rubies + inv for life charms than it is to use amethysts/str charms.
A 20 life sc is twice as potent as a 2 str sc in regards to stat to space. Use strength charms till you get anni, problem solved.

People don't like it because it removes depth from the character growth process.

Ps. I don't think anyone is jelly :D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:09 am 

There must be something. What is in need carrying and first of all farming 8xlarge 5 str charms?
Then give 1 respec after hell baal with reset strenght only for holy sake..so no need to carry stupid str charms.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:11 am 
Game Server Host

Spend stats in strength. life charms give you more hp per inv slot than you can make up by using str charms and maxing vit only. If you need to use ANY strength charms on a completed character, you have less life than if you added more to strength and used life charms instead.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:17 am 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
Spend stats in strength. life charms give you more hp per inv slot than you can make up by using str charms and maxing vit only.

Sure, but finding STR charms is far easier than finding decent hp charms.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:53 am 
Game Server Host

2x 13hp scs are > a 5str LC for barb, pally and sin
2x 10 hp sc's are > a 5 str lc for everyone else

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:26 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
2x 13hp scs are > a 5str LC for barb, pally and sin
2x 10 hp sc's are > a 5 str lc for everyone else

I'm aware that 2STR is equivalent to 10 hp if converted to vita.The max amount of + STR/dex you can get in 3 slots is 7 (5+2) which means you need a total of 36hp or more in 3 slots to have more hp than 7 vita.

Made an HP calculator to check that a couple of weeks back. I'm currently finishing it. Just need to factor in the equation to calculate hp bonus from increased stamina with the % and the increased hp.

I'm neither for nor against respec. I think it would be nice, but I know what kind of abuse would come from that. Stat respec wouldn't be nearly as bad however.

There is such a thing as too much STR/DEX and using gems to fill the gap seems like a far better idea to me.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:08 pm 
Game Server Host

Riem821 wrote:
I'm aware that 2STR is equivalent to 10 hp if converted to vita.

Only for barb pally and sin, other classes get 4 hp per vit, so hp charms are worth more to those classes vs str charms.

Riem821 wrote:
Made an HP calculator to check that a couple of weeks back. I'm currently finishing it. Just need to factor in the equation to calculate hp bonus from increased stamina with the % and the increased hp.

Not quite sure i follow you here, what increased hp?
Calc for everyone is:
((5+(level-1*life-lvl-factor) + flat hp from items+charms+((basevit-5)*vit-factor))*(1+(hp%/100)))+(gear vit * vit-factor)
life-level-factor being 9 for barb, 8 for pally/zon, 7 for druin/sin/necro, 6 for sorc.
vit-factor being 5 for barb pally sin, 4 for everyone else

Riem821 wrote:
There is such a thing as too much STR/DEX and using gems to fill the gap seems like a far better idea to me.

There is, but using str/dex socketables instead of rubies for +vit (hp gained not enhanced by % increase) and 10% max hp is far worse in terms of max hp if you already have a decent amount of base vit + hp from gear.

Str/Dex socketables and charms are fine when progressing, around level 95 you should be tossing them and switching to 100% rubies and life charms once gear starts throwing strength at you like candy.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:55 pm 

Chlebo wrote:
You just jelly bastard veterans who suffer many ladders. And learn how to alloacate points. Now u enjoy having superior character just because u dont allocate 15 stats in neccesary thru out game str. Your anger does not make sense. Any other reason behind not wanting stats reset? or you just gona play 12 years old at age 25? Anyone know how tedious is statss allocating aspecialy on melee cuz u need items to tank. Not like caster who can chill her safe ass behind.
What is the reason of not wanting stats reset pot? Stats pot is not skill one and does not make even 1 bit easier the game. I think you should move to another game cuz u got some mental problem about game. There's 6 years cap on working in butchery. Hu should be so too. :twisted:

-There are plenty of games that allow respec. Why does this one have to?
-If your build is make or break on 15 stat points, then you are doing it wrong.
-I bet many of us 'vets' (and most others) are much older than you think.
-If stat allocation is tedious, then there is zero reason to have them (aka D3...and really you should then go to something like Gauntlet...fuck stats).
-No easier? Then why have it? If you need it, then you made a mistake. Your definition of easy seems to only stem clicking a button, rather than thinking passed your nose. Being 'good' requires both.

-Most people here do not get to play 24/7 like when we were younger. I imagine the people that actually have modded the most, have played nearly the least.
-Most still play D2, or its mods, simply because many of the newer rpg's lack depth. D3 is nicely playable, but stale as shit. Path of Exile has some fantastic concepts, but some things are too dogmatic for my tastes. Movement and desync are pretty craptastic in that game. I could go on and on about this...

The point is, the mod has changed enormously over the last few years. Very few things are the same. Reallocation of stats/skills is one thing that should not change.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:29 pm 

Well..let's be a little bit realistic. Let's take a look if i aim to reach 178 strenght
Let's say i m barbarian and i start game with 5 strenght Ow Boy I m to stronk...

To stronk to train my muscle's. Because i got thos shiny 28 str rings from charsi and gheed.
Yes i found annix 15 str generous rng gods...
I made botd 33str
And now cherry on cake I made new runeword Victory +70str!
My barbarian is not only strong but got some math skillzor... why not...
So he count: 28+28+15+33+70=174 str +starting 5 str=179!!!!!!!!!!!!
My barb came to conclusion that he dont need to train muscle's to beat all devil and nasty demons of this world. Why? because he s to stronk!!! he should start the game with 4 str and he would as dam fine! All he need to do is pump his iron skin body with beer so he will be vital as f.ck

This does not even count other gear str bonuses like draculs.. maybe some nice amulet not to mention boots or belt or chest can give something. So even if i will use other then botd weapon i will be fine or maybe i will need to invest 5-10 str at most.
So please explain me how i can start game with any character and play thru without investing useless 50-100str. You said it s just matter of 15 misplaced stats i see this is more then that and can reach for some people out of frustration. I saw guy picture it s even on some hu database he s wolf with 120+ base str. That's not even funny. Here's prove that this is just retarded.
And respec stats is need after normal nightmare and hell. Just explain me how i gona play with 5 base str barbarian throu until i will be able to roll first blood rings like 1000times for perfect str..

Now suggest me pls how much i should invest in str to play without some realy epic item combo switching/socket with str + instead other important gems to survive.
Should i invest 50-70? what i will do with this after? that s wasted 45-65+ vita....

Last edited by Chlebo on Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:32 pm 
Game Server Host

You don't need strength, so just go 100% vit. Why do you need respec again?

Arguing is irrelevant. I won't be adding it. Case closed.

Ps. Victory has no hp% and no open sockets. You can get more strength from a 4 socket crafted helm with 4 uber amethysts in it.
If your argument is you have more str end game than the minimum required because there is strength on gear then IDK what to say

Addition and subtraction is hard now? WTF is going on here.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:48 pm 

Okey bro your hard nut to crack
Let's say you add potion that would set back str to start value. And give back spent points in str or atleast one that decrease str by 30 and add 30 stat points. Something like that would give some flexibility for tanker throu out the game and progress.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:55 pm 
Game Server Host

You can go all vit and have an annoying time leveling and equipping gear, or you can add to strength. We can always remove ALL strength from gear so you know exactly how much base strength you need just by looking at the requirements. Would you prefer that?

The strength on end game gear is meant to be a bonus to what you already have, not required to equip other gear.

If you don't now how much work is involved in your requests, don't get butt hurt when the person who would need to do the work says no. That's a great way to be put on his ignore list so nothing you suggest will ever be considered.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:33 pm 

All what i written should be translated as suggestion. I can not be in position of requesting so i can not be butthurted. Parents who got kids suffer those situations. Are u my daddy? I dont request, you judge me wrongly.
I can suggest mod where potion of sigular stat reset exist. There's no copyright for such activity probably asking would be just matter of good taste. That might cut off any struggle in this task. i m not programer can not imagine if this is work of 1hour or 3days. My friend seems you are a little tired or irritated. Nobody is made out of stone sometimes break/holiday is good ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:11 pm 
Game Server Host

You made a suggestion, so stop complaining because people don't like it.

And yeh I'm tired and irritated with stupid requests. I've been farting around with this for a long time and I just had surgery on my hand this morning so yes, you are annoying me by repeatedly making a suggestion when it's already been made obvious that most are against it. Drop it already. Respec will not be added, in any shape or form. If you want to respec, go play a mod that allows you to respec.

I read your suggestion, and looked at the responses. The general feel is that it's not something that should be added.

If you want it added, do it yourself and upload it to see if people want it added. I'm not spending time setting something up that most are against.
You don't need to suggest mods where you can respec stats. Do you think I'm new to mods?

Ps. a suggestion would be 1 post. A request would be multiple posts asking for the same thing repeatedly. what category do you think you fall into?
And no, I'm not your daddy, but I am the one doing the work here, so if you want me to take your future suggestions seriously, you might want to accept that not everything you suggest will be added and stop pissing off the person doing the work.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:45 pm 

there will be no stat or skill respec.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]