Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:55 am

Post subject: Patch 1.4 Documentation Update
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:15 am 

I think with the changes that have happened in the last patch and this upcoming new patch, the HU database site needs its information correctly updated to reflect the right values and information for items and such (the new items/changes Mraw made, and some incorrect values on current items). Id like to lead the charge in managing the task (depending on our resources, it could be a quick project or a long tedious task).

First and most importantly, does anyone have any contact with dew? He was the one who made the HU database. If we can get in touch with him, this could be much easier than doing it ourselves (he had a method of taking the patch files and having the site spit out the data automatically).

If we cannot reach out to see, does anyone here know about or can do an efficient method to getting all of the current item values and changes on order?

Worst case scenario, I guess I can make a spreadsheet with all of the items if necessary. Does anyone know how I will be able to access the patch files to acquire all of the items with their minimum ad maximum ranges?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Patch 1.4 Documentation Update
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:10 am 

http://d2mods.info/filecenter/dload.php ... le_id=1369

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:58 am 

That's a great start. Thanks for that. Looks like this is the method used to translate the txt files into htm.

Going forward from this, how can we get this on a site and/or maybe update the current HU DB? Looks like this is just a tool to get it from the patch files into a file format that can be put online. Or maybe this program can be used to eventually put them into an excel spreadsheet that can be distributed out.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:25 am 

I remember when I was fiddling with a skill calculator that Duff mentioned he could host a page if it was in html or php (i think). You may want to send him a pm.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:48 am 

kramuti wrote:
I remember when I was fiddling with a skill calculator that Duff mentioned he could host a page if it was in html or php (i think). You may want to send him a pm.

Thanks, I'll check out the actual program and see how it works this weekend. Then I can see if Duff can host a page.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:31 pm 

yea the current doc is going to be way out of date and inaccurate with the new patch.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:25 pm 

Here is the txt to html parser documentation. It has Uniques, Sets, Runewords, Runes, and Gems. Some of the new stats don't parse correctly so some items may look a little funny but they are fine ingame.

Attachments:
Hell Unleashed 1.41 HTML Parsed Documentation.rar [169.38 KiB]
Downloaded 504 times
 Offline Profile