Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:45 pm

Post subject: Re: Town Portals.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:11 am 

people can farm gold and easily acquire 1 million to rush low level characters. the high price would only be good against people without a rusher. those that do rush can easily bring 7 low levels along with one high level and quickly get the job done, especially if it only means using 1 or 2 town portals per act. that gold can be easily refarmed.

besides, i dont think there are any waypoints that are truly far away...theyre all pretty accessible and pretty close together, and if not theres always a town portal spire that you can kill to get one.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:49 am 

Shit you can already rush easy as hell now with the quest flags removed from TP's, what else do you need?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:41 am 

TPs are cheap and noobish.
You got enough wps around the game. You got a huge inventory and horadric cube to get loads of smith runes , potions , and/or quiver of bolts/arrows. If you really need to go town for an emergency ( dead merc ), save-exit, and rejoin.
Wont take you more than 2 minutes running to get the last spot u were from the last wp. Dont be lazy.
And, of course, boss fights with even a single tp is a joke... You just need two players to have a pair of infinite tps opened at ....Mephisto's Sanctum, for example

CHEAP!!!! CHEAP , CHEAP!!!

drrod wrote:
what else do you need?

Duped HRs and a PindleBot. Please. :roll:

PS: I wanna hork Pindleskin T_T
PS2: no

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:49 pm 

Tps were what made d2 great I'll agree, but the lack of is what makes HU uNique. An honestly even with one tp in inv. I would rush 7 A5 hell chars in a couple hrs spend another 2 hrs lvling them in tundra an have a brand new load of lvl 90's by lunch.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:13 am 

It does make HU unique, but TP's go back to Diablo 1.

I understand they were removed to prevent rushing, but look at how it is now. Some of the poorer people have trouble getting rushed, as apposed to veteran players who rush several chars at a time without much of a problem. So it didn't help much in that department.

I like it that you cannot TP out at bosses. Makes it more of a challenge.

I think if there were TP's would be cool if only you could take your own TP.

You get use to it though.

The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the souls tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore the soul deceive, despise and murder men.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:43 pm 

Cory wrote:
(...)Some of the poorer people have trouble getting rushed, as apposed to veteran players who rush several chars at a time without much of a problem(...)

So we could bring back tp's and no more Norm/Nightmare. Bring em to hell and do tundra. Just bcos poorer ppl just started.
HolyGhost wrote:
Tps were what made d2 great I'll agree, but the lack of is what makes HU uNique.(...)
tps ruined d2 multi, Sir. Ask some BNet player where khalims's parts are... or what is A1/A3/A4

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:01 pm 

Steel wrote:
tps ruined d2 multi, Sir. Ask some BNet player where khalims's parts are... or what is A1/A3/A4

its true, mostly everyone only knows how to get rushed, leveled in ubers, and then bot a hammerdin... 95% or more of bnet is this

tps dont belong in d2, thats what waypoints are for.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:22 am 

Bleh! If I wanted to quest for hours I'd find a different game to play. I know some of u love to do I the hard way. I'm not big on quest crap. I prefer pefectiom an end game. I'd rather delete a lvl 99 char rush him tundra an re lvl him than waste one skill or stat point. But thats just me..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:42 am 

HolyGhost wrote:
Bleh! If I wanted to quest for hours I'd find a different game to play.

Actually Hell Unleashed IS the different game to play.
The standard game is D2LoD.

I presume some of the veteran players might forget that.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:01 pm 

tonykantos wrote:
HolyGhost wrote:
Bleh! If I wanted to quest for hours I'd find a different game to play.

Actually Hell Unleashed IS the different game to play.
The standard game is D2LoD.

I presume some of the veteran players might forget that.

my first season on hu actually. its still same ol d2 just different gear an baal dnt take 10 hits from a CS zon. = p

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:33 pm 

10? lol, if it took 10 hits from CS then your zon was crap.

mine did it usually in 2-3 hits. of course thats with conviction merc, but yea no reason not to have one

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:14 am 

muleofal wrote:
10? lol, if it took 10 hits from CS then your zon was crap.

mine did it usually in 2-3 hits. of course thats with conviction merc, but yea no reason not to have one

lol whatever the # was idk been awhile. but i assure you she was as well gear an build as any of my hu chars. all 35+ lifers (java) an all the other leet java shit b.net had to offer.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:01 am 

yea i hear ya. mine was the same. She was my first and only character on the realm. I brought her along with 2 other characters i was controlling and was in the top leveling group for a long time (until 90). My zon was in there, and then i had 2 other characters which i was doing leveling jobs for a rich guy on the realm. He ended up giving me 10 HRs (this was on the third day of ladder, when they were worth a FUCKLOAD). I was able to grab myself the 2nd pair of 6jav/40ias javelins and the first perfect 25/20 griffs on us east. From there, it was just a matter of time before i got her a godly crafted amulet, jmod, 20/20 100life armor, and then all 41+ lifers and 20/5res scs on her (and everything else ofc). She was doing the highest possible damage CS. Cleared chaos sanctuary in about 45 seconds or so, and was able to usually drop every wave of baal within 2 Lfuries. Baal and D dropped within 2-3 hits each. She was a fun character.

Offline Profile