Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:28 am

Post subject: 1.4 live realm patch
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:24 pm 

Ok guys, mraw is practically done with the new patch. This patch is going to have some pretty drastic changes, so I think it warrants a realm beta test. This means ladder won't be reset (you keep all your chars), but all the new changes would go into place so everyone can test them.

What do you guys think?
Anyone against it? For what reasons?
Personally I think all these changes, especially the amp/phys res changes, are going to be a huge improvement and am really looking forward to the new patch.

My vote is patch ASAP, and let the beta run for as long as necessary.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: 1.4 live realm patch
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:48 pm 

I agree with slappy,

ASAP!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:42 am 

While I'm all for progress and improving things, some changes have me a bit tentative. Part of what I'm read sounds like some aspects will make 1.21z seem hard, while others will gimp currently viable builds. Only a live test will tell the true story. My logic here is simple, I've seen a lot of DR added in. Skills being changed that resemble little of what HU has been based around, that being an extension/improvement of Diablo2. 1.3a saw a massive proliferation of added auras, so to compensate for excessive aura states, skills get altered instead of re-thinking the root causes of why they happen. From the sounds, some classes will have to be altered in many ways.

We shall see.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:56 am 

Regarding the auras comment, I have to agree. when I pointed out the current issues with states, I had hoped something a little more extensive could be done. Removal of a number of auras at least. While I appreciate auras bring a unique flavor to certain items, that flavor has been diluted by the sheer number of items possessing an aura. I also feel the paladin as a class has lost some of it's flavor by having 16 of its 20 unique class defining skills handed out on items. No other class has been wrestled to the floor and raped of its uniqueness as hard as the paladin has. His poor anus must be in tatters. :(

Replacing some with things like "oak sage aura" would be good because there is often a druid in a party who will be running oak so that would be 1 state that is often overwritten by a higher version when people group together. (groups is where this problem is at its worst).

Otherwise, I'm looking forward to playing a few builds I have always enjoyed, but who were extremely reliant on a party to actually play.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:26 am 

Artair wrote:
who were extremely reliant on a party to actually play.

<- This guy :) I did everything with the same two person, Delta and Maniac-fb. But yes, people usually can't adjust others schedule and wait for them get online. You can't change that.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:03 am 

What I meant was. There's a couple of builds I like to play that currently lack certain things that make them viable without running with a specific char as a partner.
For example, a melee zon, 100% requires a party life buff to play to play as main tank on HC. With the melee synergies, I can run with a duo with a sorc and still tank well. :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:27 am 

:D ok, i've lost in that sentence a little.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:33 am 

patch, test and live!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:55 pm 

there was just a reset not long ago. if this realm is going to be hosted separately then by all means. i do not support wiping the current realm so that you can test it on here.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:55 pm 

there was just a reset not long ago. if this realm is going to be hosted separately then by all means. i do not support wiping the current realm so that you can test it on here.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:50 pm 

Wasnt talking about a ladder wipe, just another patch to do a beta phase like we did with dews patch since there are some pretty big changes incoming.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:34 pm 

i'm pretty sure the current chars/ladder won't function with a patch of that magnitude. a test phase is fine when the time comes.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:38 pm 

were testing it on open, a3 nm currently, working some kinks out as we go. barb/ phys zon combo

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:56 pm 

i just started on open too, trying to bring a couple with me

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:04 pm 

I've talked with quite a few players on the realm. Most don't know a new patch is in the making, and those that do know, don't feel like it's worth the time posting on the forum, because they feel like they're going to be ignored (what a surprise)
How difficult is it to make a realm announcement about it when you join the server?
If you want feedback, it would be nice if people actually knew about it.

Until then I'll go back to my corner as the unofficial village idiot (from what I gather from the lack of response of basically everybody. "Don't look at it, don't answer, ignore it's existence, it'll go away eventually")

Have a good day.

PS: I'm very hyped for the patch. Lots of good stuff in there.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:10 pm 

I was actually thinking about that. Most of the active players don't check the forum. It would be up to Duff to make a server-wide announcement, but telling people to go read suggestions and leave feedback doesn't really warrant that. Duff does that type of thing for giving warning for server shut downs and what not. Best thing is to spread the word.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:04 pm 

Test!! '-'

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:27 am 

-What do we want ?
-Live test!!!
-When do we want it ?
-now!!
:D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:58 pm 

There are still bugs to be fixed, one of which is "1 to evil force" spawning on some claws. Also at some point my sin got an additional zero added to her vitality (91 ->910) It didn't increase her actual hp, but that was kind of funny.

Also, my friend and I have been playing the game in TCP/IP with the patch and we found the game to be significantly easier, for some reason.

(The nearly 80k magic damage phoenix strike at 63 normal might be for something. My friend's fire traps also do massive damage as well. Gambling has been very profitable)

I don't remember having so little difficulty doing the ancients and diablo.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:40 pm 

Riem821 wrote:
we found the game to be significantly easier, for some reason.

practically everything besides SS druids got a buff on the patch currently. There will be things to increase the difficulty that get put in later

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:33 pm 

The game is incredibly easy when you have a good combination and a decent group of players.

But on the other end it's incredibly hard for newer players to progress so I don't really think an easier time is all that much of an issue. It's going to be easy for the players who find it easy either way, but an easier time for newer players may help them stay with the mod a little longer than they normally would.

I would rather see a full wipe and a patch, but as I'm sure many players would be against this, I'm all for seeing a simple patch that keeps all players intact. The only issue with this is synergized skills getting changed would be hurt, so perhaps leave those changes until a realm wipe.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:10 am 

Like most all of the item and skill changes proposed. When is the patch coming?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:43 pm 

at this point any new content is welcome. if more can be added it would be all the better. i don't see a reason why most of the material can't be added as-is.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:32 pm 

Wish I had seen this earlier. Would have loved to play open with you guys.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:56 am 

im about to start playing 1.4 open again just to get a feel for the new items and what not before the reset

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:05 pm 

Don't wipe the current realm unless this is going to be solid for 8+ months. If it's going to get wiped after a week then I vote no.

Also are these item updates going to be put into the site or do we just need to reference them here?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:52 pm 

when its ready the realm will be reset. don't expect any realm based test phase.

anyone who wants to further check the changes mraw has made is welcome to do so. most of the fixes were already made a while back when players were trying it on single player.

Offline Profile