Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:58 am

Post subject: White item stats?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:24 pm 

http://critterkiller.arimyth.com/

Is it possible to get on there normal, superior, and elite items? with their stats? Like defense, damage, durability, level req, etc. Like how they do on the arreat summit for bnet. A lot of the items have their damage and other stuff edited. So I'm not sure what I should do for weapons atm on my druid hehe.

The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the souls tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore the soul deceive, despise and murder men.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: White item stats?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:02 am 

I'm not sure anyone's willing to put in the time to create a webpage for white items, since you can calculate their stats via Critter's site. For example, if a unique had 400% EDamage with +50-100dmg and ended up doing 400-500 dmg, then the original min was (400-50)/5 and the original max was (500-100)/5, i.e. the original damage was 70-80.

Those who don't like to do the math can also just look up the information in the text files provided with the latest patch. It is because of these text files that your HU shortcut needed "-direct -txt". The text files are in the ./Data/Global/Excel/ folder.

I've attached a couple of the text files edited with MS Excel. I've removed some of the columns that I don't think anyone wants to look at, I've sorted by item type (glove, belt, torso, etc), I've shaded every-other-type, and I've applied Freeze-Frames for the item names and column headings. If you don't like my formatting, or don't like MS Excel, then just open the HU text files already on your computer.

Attachments:
File comment: Compressed to .zip mainly because the forum doesn't accept .xls.
armor and weapons.zip [25.46 KiB]
Downloaded 310 times
 Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:39 am 

I built these: http://blue.arimyth.com/OneHandedWeapons.html
http://blue.arimyth.com/TwoHandedWeapons.html

they are out of date for the new patch though and I think some of the values have changed.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:35 pm 

blue_myriddn wrote:
I built these: http://blue.arimyth.com/OneHandedWeapons.html
http://blue.arimyth.com/TwoHandedWeapons.html

they are out of date for the new patch though and I think some of the values have changed.

Would you be interested in working on getting a new one up with me? I can help contribute to the critterkiller website. I do web design and development for a living. Been doing HTML/CSS for 10 years, Photoshop for 8, PHP/MySQL for 3.

The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the souls tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore the soul deceive, despise and murder men.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:52 pm 

sounds great to me - i always appreciate an experienced extra hand.

I did those pages very simply, I used excel to generate some code for them with a drag and drop. When I get back from the holidays I can send you my excel file from last update to show you what I mean. A more sophisticated way is certainly a bonus too if it is something we can do. I access all the webfiles through a FTP system, so it is pretty straight forward.

Duffbeer would be the person to contact about database things, I pretty much just do straight HTML work, although it seems like some sort of javascript or actionscript + flash would be a great thing for these text driven files.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:42 pm 

blue_myriddn wrote:
sounds great to me - i always appreciate an experienced extra hand.

I did those pages very simply, I used excel to generate some code for them with a drag and drop. When I get back from the holidays I can send you my excel file from last update to show you what I mean. A more sophisticated way is certainly a bonus too if it is something we can do. I access all the webfiles through a FTP system, so it is pretty straight forward.

Duffbeer would be the person to contact about database things, I pretty much just do straight HTML work, although it seems like some sort of javascript or actionscript + flash would be a great thing for these text driven files.

Who is the head hancho around here? Soulmancer?

If he would like, I can re-design the main site, integrate the forums, and integrate an item/strategy compendium into it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:08 am 

Cory wrote:

If he would like, I can re-design the main site, integrate the forums, and integrate an item/strategy compendium into it.

Forums just recently got a face lift, so I think we are good there. If you want to do something with an items page though and have a plan, sure - let me know what you have in mind. Not sure what you mean by a "main page"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:27 pm 

A website that can say the difference in items/words between patches would be nice, other than knowing they have been updated and tweaked :P

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:39 pm 

blue_myriddn wrote:
Cory wrote:

Forums just recently got a face lift, so I think we are good there. If you want to do something with an items page though and have a plan, sure - let me know what you have in mind. Not sure what you mean by a "main page"

Main page: http://www.arimyth.com/hell.htm

Looks very 1997 ish. xD

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:14 pm 

ah - ya, that's all soulmancers

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:46 am 

Here is the excel sheet that I use to generate the code. There are several tabs on the bottom for each item type as well as the first tab where you can just copy/paste the new data for each patch. The first column is my code column, I copy that in to a text editor, make a few minor changes and then save it up to the website.

There is certainly room for improvement though if you want to try and java something up that would allow for the tables to be sortable by things like level, dmg values, requirements, etc.

Attachment:
weapons-Dec2009.zip

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:42 pm 

Possible to get white armor defenses?

I'm considering making a war but I don't know the different armors total defense. Would help a lot.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:45 pm 

sure thing - build it up and I will post it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:50 pm 

blue_myriddn wrote:
sure thing - build it up and I will post it.

How do I find out the stats for them?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:44 am 

Attached are the white armor stats taken from the v1.21z text files. There are 2 files, 1 in MS Excel format (freeze-panes applied to column headers and item names) and the other in tab-deliminated text format. All I've done is open the text file in Excel (any spreadsheet program should be able to handle tab-deliminated data), I've removed columns that players would not use, and then saved it for you. I have not ordered the list at all, although to default order looks to be by item type, then by level, and then by quality (normal, exceptional, elite).

The text files are in the HU folder. They are inside the Data/Global/Excel/ folder.

Attachments:
armor.zip [12.91 KiB]
Downloaded 331 times
 Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:23 am 

built the chest armor: http://critterkiller.arimyth.com/WhiteChest.html

just about have the other types of armor together.

GIB HR :P

Offline Profile