Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:15 pm

Post subject: Rune word ideas for new patch
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:35 pm 

Plz post new Rune Word ideas here no other post plz..

1 Oblivion:> I would like to see ether Medi or redemp on this zod word.
2 Heavens Will:> take medi off of this all together and change it to Defiance or somthing fitting.. This will tone down the bo bots abit..
3 Purity:> add the lvl 20 medi back to this rw..
4 Beast:> this needs some res all some how so it can be a great end game wep..

This will update as I look through all the rune words .. Cheers 8-)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Rune word ideas for new patch
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:39 pm 

My zod rw for hats..
No Discrimination

Cham Zod Jah Ber

1-5 Holy Fire on equip
1-5 holy shock on equip
1-5 holy freeze on equip
plus 3 to all skills
20 fcr
20 ias
220 ed
1 to Natrual res
Cbf... cham
Indy...zod
Jah...10max mana/life
Ber....7%dr

Before I add more mods can someone remind me of the max amount of mods you can have before the runes mods?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:50 am 

I want to say...12 or something? If I recall from the d2item editor.

As for mods being displayed on an item? I think its 20-25 or the mod list doesnt show on screen?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:02 pm 

Asteroth wrote:
Before I add more mods can someone remind me of the max amount of mods you can have before the runes mods?
Runewords can have 7 mods in addition to the rune mods. I wouldn't recommend it, but you can use gems and jewels in runewords.
Each rune or gem can have 3 mods. Also, see below for an interesting bit.
Uniques can have 12 mods.
Set Items can have 9 mods and 10 partial-set mods (2 mods for each of up to 5 other set items)
Sets can have 8 mods and 10 partial-set mods (2 mods for each of 2 to 6 set items)
Cube-generated items (crafts, upgrades, etc) can have 5 mods added to them.

Gems and Runes are not saved the way regular items are, the game seems to generate them whenever you start a game. That means than if a patch changed gem stats, then you don't need to get new gems (their stats are updated). More interestingly, it means you can put mods on gems and runes that exceed the savebit limits found in itemstatcost.txt. In my test, I gave skulls +100 replenish life and some armor +100 replenish life. I spawned the armor via the cube, and found that it showed "+33 replenish life" due to the savebit limits, but it actually did heal at +100 replenish life for that game. When I exited and remade the game, the armor no longer healed at +100 replenish life (upon saving my items, the extra replenish life was truncated to the expected mod limits). I tossed some skulls into some 4os armor, and giggled at the +400 replenish life effect. When I exited and remade the game, the skulled armor still healed at +400 replenish life, rather than +132 (4 x 33).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:29 pm 

I'd like to see a zod runeword version of CTA. It's tedious having to carry around a fade stick, and for that matter having to get it to proc. Why are there elements about the game based on tedium?

Also, not having an oskill shout essentially forces you to give up a huge amount of survivability for not having a barb. Just being a barb gives incredibly stronger warcries, why negate the shout from other classes?
+skills
oskill bo
oskill bc
oskill shout
oskill fade

Since the nerf to resistances some builds are simply impossible to be viable without resistance charms. They rarely drop and it's literally impossible to have enough to run multiple characters. Zods are hard to get, but through time you eventually get zods much easier than all resist charms. Fade isn't ground-breaking, it just helps certain builds hit the resistances it needs to survive.

My barb has to fade prebuff to not get tanked into negatives via LR, and that's on a fully geared barb with multiple resist charms + 3x Um'd dhorn. This is stupid.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:23 pm 

i disagree i have four mules of nothing but res charms , most are 7+ but i have over twenty res alls, It is my studied opinion that most pple just don't pick up the majority of charms, also most of those res all's were found in norm.

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. Einstein

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:44 pm 

I pick up every charm and played going from 1-99, with 95% of all charms dropping being picked up, and completing everything in the game there is to offer a single all res charm dropped(I was lucky it was a 15 all res GC and not some shitty 3 all sc). Both of my friends, who also picked up every charm they came across, and hit 99 haven't seen a -single- all res charm.

Some old friends on our friend's list quit right as we finished our chars to 95 and threw us some of their leftover charms, and despite 6 months of playing they had found 2 all res between 3 of them.

It may be you make tons of new chars and don't play end game content as much as normal content and the prefix that gives all res has a sweet spot some time during the normal difficulty, but even still I shouldn't have to farm normal(or anywhere) for hours on end to find a single res charm.

This is all off-topic of course, but in any case key spells to the success of a party(amp, lr, oak, bo, shout, fade) should come in weaker forms via runewords. -especially- with the servers having no people playing.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:06 am 

Btw. While browsing items, i noticed that there is NO zod rw's for shields, and almost no unique shields suited for sorc (headhunter's somewhat acceptable due to +2 allskills and Revenge for -10%enemy, but that's all), they not even top-level.

Almost same situation with armor (only War rw), but atleast there is Templars...

Anu thoughts on this?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:55 pm 

Aaand another gem. On http://hudb.arimyth.com, at runes->weapons->zod rws:
Armageddon, Level 90, ZodOhmGul, Axes/Claws
whaaat? :shock: claws? (3all 50%fire -20%enemy +20geddon 10%dr)x2? for real? now only to find some fire mastery, or something with druid fire skill charges (they act as synergies, right?), and we look at something like lvl 60 geddon with lots +fire% -enemy%. fire trapsin would be thrilled. :|

next one made me laugh:
Cataclysm, Level 90, ZodOhmGulJah, Flails/Claws. while i'd very like to have that for my sin, firstly i'm just dyin' to see any 4-sock claws :D

Can someone look into this?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:50 am 

Kind of dumb that class shields get +5, but everyone else is stuck muddling with +2.

The old cold/fire mastery weapons should be adjusted to be used in shields, remove the weapon counterparts.

Offline Profile