Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:47 am

Post subject: 1.3f suggestions/bugs
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:19 am 

Throwing up this list for the next patch. Feel free to add ideas or commentary.

Skills:
-Enchant returned to a 60 point build(10% hydra syn removed, 20% warmth syn added. possible small duration buff as well).
-Berserk gains 2% magic piece per hard point.
-Magic Arrow converts 100% of physical damage to magic.
-Iron Golem's Thorns progression buffed to 40% per level(from 30%).
-Increased Stamina returned to 5%(from 4). Thought I implemented this but doesn't appear to be working.
-Tweak corpse explosion's mana cost(probably bring it back to 1 mana per lvl from 2, but keep base cost high).
-Lifetap needs a buff, maybe to 15% from 10%.
-Telekinesis range needs buffing, at least near full screen.
-Slight LR/Conviction buff possibly, thinking of bringing the base values up by 10 or so to encourage more 1pt use(would shoot for 60% with maxed).
-Possibly tweak FoH? Liking Jarl's idea of making the bypass active with sanctuary if that's possible.
-Look into poison? Jav zons still a powerhouse I assume? Rabies/psn necs seem ok.

Items:
-Um rune buffed to 15%/20% resists in armor+helm/shields(from 12/18). This may be implemented already?
-Ral/Ort/Tal/Thul shield resists need buffing(thinking 25% from 12%, armor is 20%). May have to adjust lower level shield RWs resist values.
-Soul Mancer's set is still incorrect, currently 85 res all set bonus instead of 50.
-Find item levels on Nagel/Gheeds need buffing(thinking 40ish% chance on nagel, 60ish on gheeds, currently 15% and 30% give or take).
-Strength affixes on helms and amulets need buffing(set around 12ish I believe, shooting for the 32 again).
-IK set levels off. Exceptional pieces too high, I think 75, shooting for 60-65 on boot/belt/glove to encourage more use outside of barbs.
-Elemental craft weapons need a overhaul.
-Melee craft weapons may need a buff, waiting on feedback/testing.
-Windforce needs tweaking, still a POS.(considering 3-4 sockets or something since it's base is pretty undesirable).
-Eaglehorn may need a slight nerf(considering losing the eth and buffing base values slightly).
-Windhammer buffed to 50 str from 30.
-GrandFather nerfed slightly, unsure on values. Considering removing the 25 str.
-Executioner's justice needs buffing, considering 2 sockets or crep tweaking(higher lvl, lower proc% for that -30phys pierce/slow).
-Dew's RWs may need tweaking, some are pretty weak for a high cost.

Misc:
-Antirush removed.
-1.21z quest flags re-added if antirush is removed(link here for proposed flags: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5652).
-LoS anti-hero tweaks(buff sorc dmg, fix zon lockup).
-Hell Samhain could use a small buff.
-Gem, glyphs, and hammers need sell values buffed for early game gold.
-Increase gold carry/stash more. Thinking 5m person/20m stash.
-Tweak Soulmancer boss?
-Implement dew's GM fix if possible.

Bugs:
-Fix decrepify string
-IM&Lifetap still display as oskill
-Hydra's fireball is bugged as firebolt still
-Numbers above bulbs not working. Also bulb color isn't the greatest.
-Catapults need tweaking to fire less, still causing lag in heavy areas.
-Maggot lair has 2 stave drops.
-Two Blessed Aim A2 mercs in NM, change one to holy freeze possibly.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: 1.3f suggestions/bugs
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:56 pm 

I don't see where set bonus to Soulmancer's was ever fiddled with by me at least, nor any other resist changes (the resist thing was never mentioned. shrug). I do see (from opening the files) that there is 35% res-all when 2 items equipped, and 50 when full set is equipped. Is this what you mean? 85 total is pretty high. Maybe 15% when 2 items, and 35% when all equipped?

IK pieces cannot drop from monster level below 72 at this point. Seems weird to put lvl req lower than this to me.

Um rune is already set to 15/20 res-all in torso/helm and shield

Putting Ral/Ort/Tal back to 25 is too much imo. This was lowered because resists were said to be to easy to max too early on.

I think STR affixes should meet more in the middle, not revert to previous. It becomes too easy to get str for full vita build. I could be wrong, but moving all the way back on some of these seems like overkill. Charms were already reverted which should have helped a little.

LR buff to encourage more one point use? Was this a typo? I can somewhat see conviction, but LR?

Can either agree or don't know enough to argue on the rest.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:14 pm 

Thanks for the feedback. It's always good to get another angle on stuff like this.

Hmm well it looks like Mancer's set used to be 100% res all on full set in 1.21z. 50% with 2 pieces, 50% more with full set. Just seemed really high to me, maybe we can do 75%, or just leave it as is. It's a pretty solid set now with the stats back.

IK is fine as is I suppose, not worth the effort to adjust where I want it.

Ral/Tal/Ort/Thul maybe we can go 15% armor/helm and 20% shields? I just want them to scale correctly. More resists in armor/helm than shields is funky.

The reason I'm pushing for the str affixes is mostly just cosmetic. It seems off when rings can still get the 22 str mod but the amulets/helms are still nerfed to I think 12. I'm not against going something like 20 on helm/amulet, 15 on rings.

Not a typo on LR, it just seems really underused to me, but I could be wrong as I'm not exactly exposed to a ton of necros like some would be on SC. I was thinking on LR more to help out poison necs as they are a bit lacking compared to rabies/javs. I know people would be worried of casters(particularly poison) benefiting from this too much so it's a touchy issue I guess. I'm not really concerned if it doesn't make the cut though. I've just always hated the way you have to max lr/conv to get decent values, seems to just hurt the hybrid builds.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:00 pm 

Anti-rush needs to stay. No reason to remove it, I've never had such an easy time finding parties and moreso people willing to quest without the assistance of a high level.

I'd love to see ALL battle orders synergies removed entirely and cap BO at 3 minute duration. As it stands barbs are simply buff bots. I personally believe there are no other issues with barbs other than this. Melees are fine, tanks are fine, barbs being relegated to simply being a buffbot is not fine.

Oh, and remove Iron Maiden from all bosses and mobs.

And lastly, buff DR% on all items. Melees should have the option of overcapping if they choose. As it stands they struggle to reach the 50% cap.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:19 pm 

The only real issue I have with antirush is that everyone knows how to exploit it now. The only time it works properly is the first rush of a season. After that everyone simply bugs the game with a higher level character. Quest flags are iffy and exploitable too unfortunately.

I would agree with you on BO if the population wasn't already so low. It is sad seeing more bo barbs than actual barbs. What are duo's or smaller parties supposed to do without a druid or a barb in their party? I'm pretty biased when it comes to this though, as I rely very heavily on my bo barb to play HC squishy characters.

Removing IM has always been an interesting topic, but under the current system simply removing it without a ton of checks and balances would be difficult. I'm not sure anyone wants to put that much effort into such a controversial change. Maxed amp values, CB%, DS, DR%, and prime evil physical resists are pretty similar to 1.21z now, making melee powerful at least pure damage wise. If you have a maxed amp necro in your party you're looking at about 10-15% more physical resistance on prime evils compared to 1.21z(in some cases like Hell Baal the difference is almost nil). There's also been some 2H low dmg high CB% items added to let melees bypass IM if they choose.

I agree with you to an extent about the DR%. I've been slowly bringing the values back up, as I never understood why Blue brought them down on top of all the other melee nerfs he did. There's a few passive DR% buffs to several classes though, I'm not sure if you're aware of that. I'd like at the least to see Ber back at 10%, and Uber skulls 9-10%. Tyraels could use another 5, CoA a bit more, etc.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:03 pm 

WSG - 8% DR? This is actually worse than String now. Bump to 10-15%
Tyraels - should be 30% DR for the 232 str requirement alone
Weird seeing shaftstop at 20%, this is one of the few niche armors in the game and should remain 30%.
CoA - 10-15% like WSG
All gloves actually look fine.

**ALL unique barb helms should have 10-20% DR**

Tanks should have options for the gear, as it stands you HAVE to use a static gearset or gem DR% just to hit the cap. Ideally tanks can hit the 50% cap with 2-3 items giving them choices in other slots. I'd like the option of NOT having to use a 20-30% armor and play around with runeword armors, lesser used uniques, or even rare/crafted armors. However, this is currently impossible with the DR% values. One thing Trevor did so fantastically on Aftermath was giving players easy ways of overcapping DR% allowing complete freedom with gear choices.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:21 pm 

Something else to consider with FoH and tieing it to sanctuary. There are on equip sanctuary items that would bypass the need to use it as their primary aura. Is it possible to code it to only work with the paladins skill?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:54 pm 

I don't see a problem with any of those DR% buffs. I've always thought Tyrael was pretty lackluster for being the top 95 melee armor. Believe it not Blue actually had WSG set at 5% DR. A lot of these DR% values are currently inbetween 1.21z and blue's values as for whatever reason people have been terrified of melee and melee related mods for the last few patches.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:49 am 
Game Server Host

Inc. Stamina is granting 5% hp per per level and 4% stamina per level, the skilldesc.txt is reading ln12 from skills.txt (stamina bonus) as they both used to be the same. Just need to change par2 in skills.txt to 5 too to make the desc match or add a new string to the desc and split the hp% and stamina% over 2 lines if you want them to vary.

TL; DR you are getting 5% per level atm, just the description is off.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:12 pm 

I thought it might be something like that as I distinctly remembered changing it. Thanks for looking out.

Not sure when I'll actually get down to making some of these changes as I'm still playing quite a bit when I get the time.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:05 pm 

barbs still get 20% dr on the 20 second frenzy duration. its gonna be real easy to stack dr if said buffs go into place.

perhaps thats what barbs need to be something more than just boers.

Offline Profile