Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:33 am

Post subject: Suggestion for a Future Product for Dew
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 12:33 pm 

I think this is a great idea and if the community supports it.. it could turn out awesome especially if Dew is capable of doing it. This of course.. is only to be considered after balancing issues are dealt with.

This idea is similar to LoS. I think actually Blizzard implemented this in D2 but I don't quite remember but anyway.

I was mentioning side quests ealier etc. but I wanted to see what people think of this idea.

What about creating an area where you fight every Hell boss again. Basically you fight an upgaded Hell Andariel, Hell Duriel, Hell Meph, Hell Dia, and Hell Baal. This would of course.. be an optional area with high rewards.

The bosses could have a couple different skills and a little more damage but should obviously be more difficult than their Hell versions. Now my thought on the reward was for someone or a few people to create Class Level 100 ITEMS.

We have class 95 and well why not make class 100's? This would encourage people to actually hit 100 more so. Obviously the class 100's shouldn't be excessively OP but they should be stronger than the 95s slightly. Of course you'd have to do several runs to obtain all the class L100 items.

This optional quest should be extremely difficult but not on the level of the soulmancer boss which was just over excessively stupid. It should just be difficult on the level requiring at least a party of 3-4 FULLY TWINKED and massive juvs.

So my thought was five different areas kinda like the LoS but each area would have a subboss and not some gay shadow and then after you kill the subboss you take a portal to fight the Upgraded Andariel.

Then onto the next act etc.

It's a basic replicate of LoS except you fight act bosses one at a time basically.

I realize this kind of implementation would require a shit ton of work and a lot of balancing test but I thought it was a cool idea and would add a little spice to HU. As long as its not on the retarded level of soulmancer it could turn out awesome and again class L100 items would be cool and encourage people to hit 100 for a change.

Reiteration here is that.. it SHOULD be VERY VERY challenging but DOABLE!! No cold waves of death that 1 hit you and shit like that lol.

It should basically be a Legendary side quest which shows the most skilled HU players.

I think its an awesome idea. What are your guys thoughts? Again just an idea.. doesn't mean it has to happen. lol

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Suggestion for a Future Product for Dew
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 2:50 pm 

Don't know what you think of this idea, but you can spawn the prime evils as super uniques. I did this some time ago, and you can get some pretty deadly shit thrown your way. I didn't have extra levels plugin so i just used specific points in the lesser explored areas.

As a side note, this doesn't work with ancients as their summoning is hard coded...they stayed as statues though their attributes were passed correctly.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 3:17 pm 

that sounds pretty badass krumati, except that I would hate to do a baal run only to find out he's got some attributes that my party can't kill lol

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:45 am 

hahaha wtf prime evils as super uniqs? So they'd be much smaller like super uniq size? lol.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:00 am 

Lee wrote:
hahaha wtf prime evils as super uniqs? So they'd be much smaller like super uniq size? lol.

Meaning they can spawn with might/fanat/cursed/ele enchanted.....

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:52 am 

Oh. Got u. Btw fire shrine = lee shrine? on ur server. Hahha nice.

Offline Profile