Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:32 am

Post subject: Server Events
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:41 pm 

Salutations, im always thinking on stuff and cheking daily the server but sometimes I get some ideas more useful and here is another.

We have all experienced resets and reborns of the server and enjoyed to the point that we feel how again we need a reset and all become a phantom server... So there must be something to keep active the server for longer, and this idea came to me.

First we need someone with the "God power stick" on server that actually plays and is there always or atleast most of time. Then elaborate unique symbolic or useful prices that earn only once one only person as a price for an event.

examples:
(hypothetical stuff)
Server reset date scheduled for may-20
- Hardcore tournament for lvl30 chars june-20, winner earn a "gladiator medal" charm +10str +10fcr +10fhr
*Rulez, moderator, check all chars and they must carry only 4 pots on belt (mana or life) no juvs allowed,
*nothing on inventory just the equipment equipped already
*no mercs allowed

- Price for the first annihilus gotten, winner earn a second annihilus, perfect one.

and stuff like that, many other stuff like races etc could be implemented, tournaments later on game, lvl100 chars, 1 belt of pots to make it longer fight etc

tournament for lvl101 chars "inmortal survivor" charm, 1slot, +5all stat 10% dr 10magic resist 2all skills (character only, example if barb wins, barb only)

not sure about what the other people think, these are my ideas ;D we already got ironman contest(most people dont even know about it) once per ladder but we could make something global with a moderator. Fights could be setted on forum and randomly select chars here 1 week before the event. having a list of fights and people prepare for his opponent and each fight to death could be even recorded and posted on forum to let everyone see the winner.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Server Events
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:33 pm 

This is a cool idea, so basically tournaments before reset, winner gets unique [ charm/wep/armor] item for next season?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:44 am 

Server event would have to be handle by a trusted person who has gateway/server axcess, aka Duff. Since adding special charms and gear to realm chars requires axcessing the save files for that char. Not to mention many builds for pvp would just be whoever gets the first hit wins, b/c that's all it would take

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:48 am 

Ha eliminate certain builds [who gets first hit wins] from the "PVP win a item tournament" problem solved!

make it barb v barb or a physical build

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:59 pm 

as far as i remmenber, and not talking about this actual patch really, there is no 1 hit kill or maybe just a few when fighting sorc-sorc zon-zon sorc-zon, build they all need few strikes and they all need some agility with the mouse-keyboard to actually win, and not even the psn ones like rabies 1 hit kill... also, if the matches selected from 1 week before the fight each one could prepare his gear for it. No problem. And another thing is, like in boss fights, use a certain amount of pots to make the fight more longer and interesting, i would say 4 pots of any kind mana life thaw dotes except juvs... or maybe even juvs but i doubt

Also, as for the admin for the events, community could vote for someone, there are thrusted people here i know some.

Believe me... i did lots of pvp back then when i played SC

Offline Profile