Anti-Rush versus Quest Flags
Keep the current system. 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Remove Anti-Rush and add my proposed quest flag changes. 74%  74%  [ 14 ]
Keep anti-rush on top of the quest flag changes. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Sasko rules. 21%  21%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 19
 Post subject: Anti-Rush and Quest flags
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:48 pm 

How do we feel about removing anti-rush since the secret is pretty much out on how to get around it? My suggestion would be to scrap the anti-rush and add a bit more strict quest flags.

For example:
-A1 Black Marsh TP requires Cain. Andariel TP requires Countess.
-A2 Far Oasis/Lost City require Radamant. Arcane TP requires Tainted Sun. Tal Rasha's Tomb/True tomb requires Summoner and Tainted Sun.
-A3 Durance entrance and Mephisto TP requires Khalim's Will and High Council.
-A4 Sanctuary TP requires Hellforge.
-A5 Frozen River TP requires Shenk quest. Frozen Citadel/Realm of Slain/Samhain TP requires Nihlathak. Baal's Castle TP requires Anya, Nihlathak, and Ancients.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Anti-Rush and Quest flags
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:27 pm 

I voted for your flags but I really disagree with the act4 flag, should switch that too izual imo. But I'd much rather have your flags then the anti-rush flags we have now even if you keep it this way. Or make it drop a rune for each player in the party that completes the quest.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:50 pm 

i think the quest flags should mainly protect act bosses if this is the route that we go. making it harder to keep up on the other quests makes it quite a pain to get a party to the same point in the act.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:51 pm 

no one wants to share hellforge in hell thats just dumb, make it be izual if anything.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:14 pm 

Izual does make more sense I suppose. The reason I defaulted to Hellforge is 80% of those are the quest flags of 1.21z.

kramuti wrote:
i think the quest flags should mainly protect act bosses if this is the route that we go. making it harder to keep up on the other quests makes it quite a pain to get a party to the same point in the act.

I wouldn't mind only the boss TPs having requirements, but on certain acts like 2 it opens them up for really easy rushing. I guess we could just adjust the Tal Rasha/Summoner ones and make things like Black Marsh,Oasis/LostCity, and Frozen River free. That's basically how Mancer had it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:07 pm 

Voted option #2. I'd also say Izzy over forge, I prefer private forges myself. Anti-rush has been basically a joke since implemented, too easy to bypass.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:04 am 

I mean all of those except a3 really don't matter as you can have a leecher partied, waiting in town. The durance tp to a4 matters the most because you have to walk a leecher there (making it a more risky proposition) to take the tp to a4. I think just having the boss tp's protected makes the most sense. If a party is questing and its anything more than boss flags, people will just have a leecher party and wait in town.

However, I really don't think the tp flags will help w leeching. The best thing to do is get rid of anti-rush and just make all acts like act3 where each char must walk to take a tp to get to the next act. It will make the prospect of rushing someone ridiculously long (either massive clearing or naked ungeared chars walking w a party very risky). Greatly increasing the effort and length of time it would take to rush someone will be the most effective way to deter rushing.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:52 pm 

Pretty much nothing can be done to prevent leeching so it's a moot point in my eyes. Personally I couldn't care less about people rushing, but I figure if we're going to remove the anti-rush we should at least bring back the quest flags Mancer originally had in place. Plus I kinda miss having to actually kill sub bosses to advance.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:09 am 

what are sako rules?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:50 am 

slappyNuts wrote:
what are sako rules?

Sasko > you

possibly Sasko > all

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:07 am 

Voted 2 might as well add quest flags back now that the anti-rush thing basically failed with the join game exploit. The proposed quest flags make it much more difficult to actually rush any low level chars.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:13 am 

Heres my suggestions.
Act 1:
-Move Black Marsh teleport to level 2 of the tower basement
-Andy portal requires Tristram, Countess and Blood Raven

Act 2:
-Summoner requires quest 3
-Duriel TP Requires quest 3 and summoner

Act 3:
-Move spider forest WP back to arachnic lair and put a TP at Spider nest instead
-Meph portal requires khalim's Will, Gibdin and council.

I really wish people would fetch the items in act 3. Its my favorite act yet everybody just skip it every time.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:58 am 

items in a3 is long and pointless IMO and hard to find a group as it is in certain parts of the game. You have one part someone else has other parts, people dont re do getting certain parts just adds more chance for people to get left behind if they dont have said part the others do.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:36 pm 

Well looks like we should scrap the anti-rush and do the quest flags(unless anyone can convince us otherwise). Here's a revised list, it's almost identical to how Mancer had it set up.

-Andariel TP requires Countess.
-Arcane TP requires Tainted Sun. Tal Rasha's Tomb/True tomb requires Summoner and Tainted Sun.
-A3 Durance entrance and Mephisto TP requires Khalim's Will and High Council.
-A4 Sanctuary TP requires Izual.
-Frozen Citadel TP requires Anya. Realm of Slain/Samhain TP requires Nihlathak. Baal's Castle TP requires Ancients.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:27 pm 

what about doing something against people leeching quests in town?
in Kev's mod forexample Meshiff and Jerhyn are in a new area so people need to walk to the and of the act to complete it and can't just leech everything while afk'ing in town

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:01 pm 

ki4m wrote:
in Kev's mod forexample Meshiff and Jerhyn are in a new area so people need to walk to the and of the act to complete it and can't just leech everything while afk'ing in town

+1

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:17 pm 

heres a thought let ppl play how ever they like without hacks if the want to rush go for it if they want to allow others to leech from town good and fine if not there is this neat option to leave the party and reform it without the afkers and as far as quest requirements on protal thats fine as it has been pointed out that was how it was in previous versions but even in those there was plenty of rushing. thats my 2 cents

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:01 pm 

dew wrote:
ki4m wrote:

+1

Works for me if you wanna code it. How did he do it for A4/A5?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:53 am 

I mean you have to take this into consideration. What does the anti-rush accomplish? It does a lot of good. For one, it keeps the ladder going for a longer period of time. Most people are guilty of leeching characters, and rushing. If you eliminate rushing and leeching well we will actually be playing through the game over and over with a different variety of parties etc. It's actually adding back enjoyability, life and a longer ladder. It's doing us all a favor so embrace it mutha fuckas! lol

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:39 am 

Lee wrote:
I mean you have to take this into consideration. What does the anti-rush accomplish? It does a lot of good. For one, it keeps the ladder going for a longer period of time. Most people are guilty of leeching characters, and rushing. If you eliminate rushing and leeching well we will actually be playing through the game over and over with a different variety of parties etc. It's actually adding back enjoyability, life and a longer ladder. It's doing us all a favor so embrace it mutha fuckas! lol
Say what? Anyone with half a brain and less patience makes the anti-rush a bigger joker than the current economy. It's far too easy to get around. IF it could be employed so there was no by-pass ok. No, Lee the anti-rush was a failure.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:02 pm 

antirush is like a locked door. It can be opened without a key, but do you still leave your door unlocked when you leave? Locks keep honest people honest. How often do you see EvilXXX in a game with 5 characters...alone for hours...some people refuse to play with the likes due to the obvious.

I am not saying to keep it, I am saying that the 'it fails cuz it doesn't stop people' is not a completely sufficient argument to throw it away. (note i voted for flags only).

I personally would love for loader to not be useable...that would make it much more of a pain to get around the antirush. I know it won't go away though. Too many use it as a crutch to rush themselves...including those that are so for antirush features. (i still won't use it in case you cared)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:14 pm 

LOL i just realized i stated my post wrong.. wow I meant the implemented quest flags as the new "anti-rush" system. I erred the wording on that part. The current anti-rush system is a failure. Wow sorry on that confusion. I obviously was talking abt the new quest flags because my earlier post was in support for them but I consider that "anti-rush" so I worded it wrong. Again sorry for the confusion on that. lol I was tired or someshit when I posted my reply.

Offline Profile