Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:41 am

Post subject: Hammerdins
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:30 am 

I know the new change included Hammers bypassing undead and FoH bypassing Demon resist but I had an interesting question. If Hammers/FoH bypass resists to those certain monster groups does -pierce add any effect? I assumed that bypassing meant putting their resist at 0% and ignoring abs but would -pierce further negate their resist?

I.E. -100 pierce + bypassed demon resist = Demon with -100 mag resist?

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Hammerdins
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:35 am 

bypass = ignore negative and positive resistances.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:38 am 

So what's that mean then? Basically if you FoH a demon boss their resist is 0% and their abs etc. bypassed? So any pierce is useless on a FoH din, right?

So the question is then what would be better: Bypassed resist or -100+ pierce?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:38 am 

That is correct. Their res is set to zero. Adding pierce has no benefits to the monsters listed.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:13 am 

I've been hearing things about the absorb being bypassed as well (although I'm not so sure about that). In the case it really is bypassed though... no amount of magic pierce that could function properly (as in only takes the enemy down to -100 resist and not trying to take them down further than that cap which wouldn't allow a further drop anyways) would work against late hell bosses better than bypass.

Besides... some of the act/"class" bosses happen to have some serious magic absorb. In the case bypass does ignore absorbs we are talking an upwards of an effective 5x damage multiplier due to bypass's nature (and no amount of pierce would even come close to beating that).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:06 pm 

isnt it utterly pointless to make hammers ignore UD res?

i mean my 95 hdin rapes hell cleft with FoH np why would i want to go in close andtry to hammer down chargers??seems like a silly buff to me

might as well make them both bypass both, or just limit the bonus to FoH because hammers doing +ud dmg is meaningless.....or make both to extra damage to demons--i like that idea a lot :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:19 am 

I kind of agree with Quik. Making hammers bypass undead was a cool idea but probably not the best because hardly ever will you use hammers on an undead anyway as FoH far exceeds the ease of killing undead. They don't call it Fist of Heaven for nothing - one straight bolt and like 20 holy bolts after that = bye bye any undead lol.

With that being said making Hammers ignore demon will just make them OP again and that's not a great idea either. Don't know what else they could do with Hammers besides Undead. I can't think of anything honestly that wouldn't make Hammers op again.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:38 pm 

just up the damage but dont up it extremely high ??????????????

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:41 pm 

Well donno were the this info is coming from with - magic on hammers and Foh... I put over 100- magic on my pally and I have seen a big differance in killing boss's ex... 8-)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:17 pm 

Bosses are demons. Meaning you would be getting the pierce from hammers applied it wouldn't apply to FoH.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:29 am 

LockDown wrote:
Bosses are demons. Meaning you would be getting the pierce from hammers applied it wouldn't apply to FoH.
If pierce is working on FoH vs demons, which I doubt, then something is set wrong on the skills side.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:42 pm 

Mean the pierce would work on Hammers not the FoH. I was extremely tired when I posted that and it looks horrible.

Offline Profile