Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:51 am

Post subject: Druids spirit AI
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:33 pm 

Is it somehow moddable? Or exchangeable? Because atm the spirits don't give a shit about being attacked, stay assclose to the char and generally are everything but smart.
Especially when meleeing a boss its almost impossible for me to keep my how alive, since no matter where i cast him to, he decides that he wants to hug me and the big fat guy in front of me, and gets raped immediately. Strangely my Necro who sits back is not loved that much by his spirits, they keep more distance from him. Do they want to help my druid in melee?
If it is somehow possible to change their AI it would be handy to make them more evasive or give them more allowed distance from the char, which would allow to cast em away from bosses, and that they would stay there instead of instant rushing to their owner.
Or if changing it directly is not possible, but exchanging with different AI's is, then smth like the rogue merc AI would be probably best, since they usually do quite well to stay out of trouble.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Druids spirit AI
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:28 am 

My A3 merc has the same problem. He's always like I WANNA HIT HIM WITH MY SWORD.. I'm luck dumbass merc then he dies.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:20 am 

I second this, ranged mercs are always like: I'm gona stand in that guys face! and same with the spirits, they're dumbasses!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:04 am 

I guess I could try looking into the AI params for spirits but I'm not going to guarentee anything great as of yet.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:36 pm 

As to the mercs. Depending on char type played. My bowazon for example the A1 merc tends to stand 1/2 screen back and not attack much of anything, if I move a bit she jumps smack in the middle of a pack. Using a melee char with A1 or A3 merc they are either in the middle of mobs or outside their attack range. I think their AI should have been adjusted to correspond with the res changes.

Offline Profile