Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:10 pm

Post subject: Preliminary Change Log
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:19 am 

NOTE: This is NOT some generic suggestion discussion thread. The only type of suggestions that should be fired off in this thread are the type that have no real reason to be possibly opposed such as skill description fixes. Things like mana progression changes or something more controversial should have their own threads started so that people can actually notice threads relevant to their interests be starting up instead of just attempting to sneak changes in here under a generic name.

I'm not actually coding the next patch yet. This is really more for self reference so later when good changes/fixes get accepted early (such as skill description corrections) they don't accidentally get forgotten and thus slip through the cracks.

1) Fix max summon count on necro skele mage description.
2) Reduce mat duration to fixed 50 from 100 + 25 per lvl to drastically reduce Moloch's Lag.
3) Set catapult AI to idle to kill their lag once and for all.
4) Double character gold carrying capacity.
5) Quadruple stash gold storing capacity.
6) Reduce decoy cool down time to 7 seconds.
7) Properly adjust merc AI/missiles
8) Adjust druid spirit AI to prevent it from getting too close constantly for a melee.
9) Implement statfix plugin to fix potential display bugs.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Preliminary Change Log
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:41 pm 

how about reverting the str ED% bonus to its previous value?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:12 pm 

That should really be discussed else where. We already had a very heated thread over melee balance not too long ago... The type of suggestions that I would prefer to be dropped into this thread would be no brainer type fixes such as skill description fixes and getting a skill description to display its hidden bonuses (basically the sort of stuff there would be no possible opposition to or close to it). Melee balance is really a rather hotly contested topic to be casually slipping changes of into this change log.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:40 pm 

ah sorry I got the wrong idea for the thread :P I'll keep the melee discussion elsewhere

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:15 pm 

I like the increase in gold capacity. However 20mil still seems a bit low. I mean if we are trying to give it a real value in the game as far as items go 20mil won't be much. If your current goal right now isn't trade value then 20mil seems just fine.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:25 pm 

Also...I wouldnt mind all of the uniques being able to be gambled...If perhaps crafting was still an end game option for more high level gear? :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:34 pm 

The last time I attempted to start a rally for mass objective comparisons of elite crafts to everything else the crafting discussion thread suddenly went dead quiet. People seem to love throwing around subjective opinions (as with the last crafting thread where people cried about overnerfing), but rarely actually want to get into the real hard math that actually objectively determines what's truly best in what situation (when I started bringing in actually how strong +skills really mathematically were in that over nerfed craft complaint thread the vocal complainers withered pretty fast).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:36 pm 

Baerk wrote:
(when I started bringing in actually how strong +skills really mathematically were in that over nerfed craft complaint thread the vocal complainers withered pretty fast).

Math makes my head hurt. I still think crafts are useless. :roll:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:22 pm 

LockDown wrote:
Baerk wrote:
(when I started bringing in actually how strong +skills really mathematically were in that over nerfed craft complaint thread the vocal complainers withered pretty fast).

Math makes my head hurt. I still think crafts are useless. :roll:

Crafts should be buffed. Should be more of an end-game oriented idea. Leave uniques for leveling/transitioning into high tier gear. Then leave crafts for end game.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:57 pm 

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4839

If you really believe there's a serious problem with crafts' viability then revive this thread. Instead of just generally saying "crafts aren't good enough" actually list which specific crafts genuinely get blown out of the water and by what gear in this thread.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:00 pm 

@Baerk complainers withered away eh? I have no problem replying and pressing the issue. I'll gladly post in the topic to continue discussion. My lack of motivation is only normal after pressing the melee issue so much. Btw you also "withered" away on the Bone necro discussion... so don't be hypocritical. I can quote how the discussion ended.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:12 pm 

Lee wrote:
@Baerk complainers withered away eh? I have no problem replying and pressing the issue. I'll gladly post in the topic to continue discussion. My lack of motivation is only normal after pressing the melee issue so much. Btw you also "withered" away on the Bone necro discussion... so don't be hypocritical. I can quote how the discussion ended.

Wow...Relax man.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:42 pm 

Why you telling me to relax? Baerk is the one throwing around indirect insults when he did the same thing to me and I said nothing about it?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:00 pm 

I would suggest to double or triple the durability of all meleeweapons... My dru breaks his axe twice per tundrarun... I doubt such a change would hurt anyone, but it would make playing melee a bit less annoying in the pre-zod-rw time. For throwing weapons a similar change was already done.

Similarily maybe increasing the arrow/bolt stacksize even further. Or like in another unnamed mod, make them not deplete when using skills. Then there would be less arrows/bolts required to drop, the itemclutter would be slightly reduced and less zons would run out of arrows in important fights, cuz they forgot to carry 2 more quiver in their cube.

And when talking about itemclutter... Are throwingpots and whatsoever really needed? If ppl are so desperate they shop a javelin from charsi, but throwingpots? ^.^ I dont think that removing completely useless and unused "features" hurts anyone, especially if it improves playability by making it easier to focus on the "important" things.
And well, Diablo is about killing monsters and finding stuff and not about repairing weapons every 5 minutes and having to run around like a headless chicken, cuz the game cant show all items on the floor but u know somewhere between all this trash there might be the tyraels u were always looking for.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:09 pm 
Game Server Host

durability currently rolls over at 255 so you'll struggle to even double current weapons before that point. Same goes for quantity but it caps at 511 and requires a code edit to increase + would break all existing characters with anything with quantity on them.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:52 pm 

I wouldnt mind the durability on weapons at least being increased, would be really sweet to be able to kill some more shit without having to empty your cube to repair it all the time or go back to town and pay a shit load of money to repair it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:57 pm 

A lot of weapons are already 100+ durability. Doubling their durability wouldn't really alleviate the problem since they'd still break anyways from uber high attack speeds. Durability would have to be more like quadrupled or something but the durability limit is too low for that to even possibly happen. Someone in the party is just going to have to keep their cube empty for Smith Forge rune field repairs. The only other thing that could really be feasibly done is more self repair mods so that the dura isn't able to drain out as fast.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:04 am 

but autorepair equals basically a 50% dmgincrease since now you could just use the eth-weps ;) And well, if the durcap is so low there is not much that can be done, but at least the existing weapons should be brought close to it ^^ Half the repairing is already a little step forward.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:06 pm 

Durability can't be simply doubled anyways. It would actually cause some weapons to roll over on durability.

On an other note the national guard activation has been keeping me quite busy. Between work and driving it's been over 50 hours in the last 3 days. Don't really have time to check through the rest of the forum right now.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:37 pm 

I was wondering if we could change the mana cost on vengence. My vengence is only lvl 23 and the mana cost is like 7.5 mana and I'm planning to get 2 items with +7 to vengence on each of them. So the mana cost will go up quite a lot when I get those, and you cant leech mana while using vengence. So would be kinda sweet if we could lower the mana cost to 2 mana on vengence and then reduce the mana cost for it with 0.1 for each hard point you got in it.
Kinda like how double throw gets 0 mana cost at around lvl 18. And seeing as you cant even leech mana with vengence I think this would be a good thing for the build.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:18 pm 

ElChicken wrote:
run around like a headless chicken

I lol'd, coming from elchicken

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:25 pm 

Verb wrote:
Kinda like how double throw gets 0 mana cost at around lvl 18. And seeing as you cant even leech mana with vengence I think this would be a good thing for the build.

What you mean "can't" leech mana with vengeance? It gets your normal attack melee physical damage every swing. Given how an end game paladin is going to have atleast 190 str that would be a bare minimum of 575% off weapon ED%. That means you would be getting at least over 6x if not more of your weapon's listed physical damage (which would be high listed damage on the weapon in the first place since it's a vengeance build).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:17 am 

Why would my pally have 190 strength for vengeance? I'm not using rends on that ass hat.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:59 am 

I'd like to see the mana cost lowered a bit, not reduced to zero tho. The aoe effect of vengeance leeches aswell so it only really sucks ass against bosses and large packs of undeads. You just need high mana leech because physical damage is so low compared to listed damage.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:57 am 

Baerk wrote:
Verb wrote:

What you mean "can't" leech mana with vengeance? It gets your normal attack melee physical damage every swing. Given how an end game paladin is going to have atleast 190 str that would be a bare minimum of 575% off weapon ED%. That means you would be getting at least over 6x if not more of your weapon's listed physical damage (which would be high listed damage on the weapon in the first place since it's a vengeance build).

Okey so I exaggerated a little, but you think its fair that zeal wich is a full phy attack with a constant 2 mana cost and Vengence is a almost entirely elemental attack and kinda high mana cost that goes up with more points in it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:26 am 
Game Server Host

Quote:
Vengence is a almost entirely elemental attack and kinda high mana cost that goes up with more points in it.

As its a "mystical" ability, it seems right that it would have a mana cost that reflects that. Whats wrong with redemption?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:52 am 

I think you should be able to re-roll 3 crafted rings and amulets. The same way you can put 3 rare ammy's in the cube and craft it to a rare ring, I think you should be able to put 3 blood craft rings and cube it to make one more random blood ring. It still requires you to farm for gems for crafting but instead of having a bunch of useless craft jewelry that you have to sell, it will allow you to get one more roll by cubing 3 at a time. I also think the rerolling of rare rings or ammy should allow you to reroll 3 rings and get a ring instead of a rare ammy. Vice versa you should be able to roll 3 rare ammys and get a rare amulet instead of a ring.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:55 am 

so no compromise to be seen here? like at least give it a static mana cost?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:17 am 

I said earlier that the only kind of suggestions that should be getting thrown around in this thread are the no brainers that should be of course implemented for sure such as skill description fixes... This is not a misc suggestion discussion thread (should probably include this in the opening post). I just simply fired that correction off earlier since you were trying to make things sound worse than they were.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:31 pm 

not sure if this is the right place to post but
can IM be changed to flat dmg or lowered in % or variable based on offensive targets attack rate?

also can the psn creepers be reassessed so its usefulness matches that of the carrion vine even maxed creeper has less survivability than carrion (1pted) and people always complain that it causes more lag than damage.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:49 pm 

ctc blade shield needs to be taken off of Black Hades. It's never worked on other items, it shouldn't have been added to this armor.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:31 am 

im not sure if this is possible but in relation to durability is it possible to make it get used slower? or have umm... this might not make sense but weapons repair themselves when getting used. so say ur running tundra on a zealer, the weapon will repair itself slowly through fighting and attacking, but it wont regenerate at a rate that will allow eth weapons etc to be used constantly. so not be repaired on duration but through hits. so say every 30 hits takes 1 durability, have it heal 1 durability every 50 successfull hits you make? just to make repairing less common. could have the same for armors etc and getting hit repairs slowly (again not at a rate that allows eth items to live)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:52 am 

That's the point of ethereal items though.. They're exceptionally strong, and cant be repaired..

Offline Profile