Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:02 am

Post subject: Shadow runeword.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:03 pm 

Dont know where else to put this. But this is a question/bug I suppose.

So this is what ive been told about Shadow

-Cannot be used on Uniques
-Cannot be used on bosses.

Are any of these true?

Question/bug?: How come Cloak has to be reapplied to break some mobs immunities?

For example I was soloing hell sewers to get to radament. I noticed that any mob within my range at the time I use shadow will have their res lowered. However as I progressed to a new section on the map I have to wait out the duration of cloak and then reapply it. Does the cloak not follow you around? Or is it supposed to affect only the area for a certain duration?

Also is it possible to eliminate need to wait the full duration of cloak before we can reapply it?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Shadow runeword.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:15 pm 

Actually Cloak of Shadows is basically a dim vision curse that's centered on the caster (either you or your shadow warrior). Casting Cloak of shadows also at the same time applies a defense buff to yourself. So think of Cloak of Shadows as a high radius dim vision curse cast with a defense buff attached. As long as this defense buff is active on your assassin, however, you can NOT cast cloak of shadows again since the defense buff acts as a lock out for cloak of shadows. Shadow warrior is not subject to this lock out however and as such it can cast cloak of shadows as many times as it chooses to do so as long as you have cloak of shadows as one of your selected skills.

In essense cloak of shadows will only effect the monsters that are near by at time of casting. If any new trash monsters come near you without you (or your shadow warrior) casting cloak of shadows again after they come near and they will be unaffected.

Offline Profile