Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:45 am

Post subject: Mini boss tweaks.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:58 pm 

Now I'm all for a good challenge. Truly..I am..But I'm sure everyone that plays in hell mode can agree that many of the "main" bosses are outshined by their predecessors. For example. Today we were doing act 4 in hell mode and we got to the Lightning guy(forgive me I dont know how to say his name) He had Extra strong, multi shot, magic resistant, cold/lightning immunity, extra strong. Now considering almost every dps on our team was cold/lit we finally got a 30 minute BP/kite strategy going. Unfortunately when we got him to about 30% the servers(at least for us) crashed and all of our hard work and deaths were meaningless.

Now on to possible fixes for this issue.

1: Restrict the amount of possible buffs minibosses can roll. In my prior example the miniboss had 6 buffs. When a group of well geared people with a healer cant take down a single spawn miniboss that is a key indicator that some tweaking needs to happen. Also create an immunity cap. Having 2 immunities on a miniboss is rather unnecessary.

2: Lower the counter rate for minibosses. Minibosses are supposed to be a challenge, but not a 40 minute one. Almost every miniboss in hell seems to counter for a majority of the groups HP. I propose lowering it by 20-40%.

It's not much but it would make a WORLD of difference to the community. Normal/Nightmare is not that big of an issue as hell is so I dont find tweaks necessary in that department although I'm sure there are some tweaks needed.

Feel free to leave feedback, I hope to hear from the developers taking some serious thought into my suggestions

inb4 hell unleashed is supposed to be difficult. Thank you for giving me the heads up.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Mini boss tweaks.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:25 pm 
Game Server Host

I don't agree, you are in "Hell" difficulty. It should be a real struggle to get through. Also, the problem was all your dps was cold/light.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:33 pm 

Bad group make-up. Any fire or poison dps would've been able to kill it in 2-3 minutes. Don't mistake team composition with game difficulty. Diamonds are your best friend use them. My druid has 72 PDR 48 MDR and trash doesn't really bother him at all bosses don't do much either he has 13k Life No Bo and 13k or so Defense counters don't do much in terms of sub-bosses. I solo Ice Dragon in A5 with relative ease.

Protip : Where people stand and attack MATTERS. Don't attack behind the tank if you can move easily between attacks for counters.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:52 pm 

zeras wrote:
When a group of well geared people with a healer cant take down a
single spawn miniboss.

they fail.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:46 pm 

Hardly failure. The random buffs the mini boss got was pretty much a counter to our group.

To emphasize on my point. The other day I remember fighting baal in nightmare. Granted this is nightmare mode but never the less it took more time to fight Ardameus(i believe thats his name) than it did to fight baal. Baal was a push over compared to the mini bosses.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:16 pm 

Yet you can't get to baal if you do not defeat his minions....
as for your OP I'm sorry your group had a hard time. You should understand that as a healer you do not output any damage, and while you make the game easier for your party, you are not required. Try gearing more defensively with lots of mdr/pdr. Then you could have been playing the poison/fire/physical/magic build that could have saved the day !
Sorry for a bad boss roll with a GROUP thinks that they should be in act 5 hell when they SINGLE SPAWN bosses...was Diablo himself going to be single spawned too?
If the random mods are a counter to your team, it seems like you should try to reroll them.
real pros half spawn bosses. so much easier that way.
(that is half player spawn as opposed to a single player spawn)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:29 pm 

I zero spawn all bosses.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:07 am 

Seems your boss mod lists extra strong twice but that's besides the point. All hell monster named ones get 3 extra unique mods. If those extra mods happen to create a combo of magic resistant + element enchant that element will be a 115+ immune guarenteed (which is unbreakable with either just LR or conviction alone). Just face it... its a fact of life that any boss in hell that is not an act boss could randomly become immune to 1 or 2 of the fire/cold/lightning elements.

Your team just simply came into contact with a very bad unique mod roll. Also it should be noted that 1 and 2 player spawn is actually 3 player spawn health wise for monsters (so single spawning is not actually reducing the boss health as drastically as you'd think).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:43 pm 

Sorry, i meant cursed but I put extra strong twice.

Offline Profile