Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:19 pm

Post subject: simple anti-grief idea
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:55 pm 

how bout requiring both pple to activily press the hostile button before either can kill the other. Solution one

Would it be possible to write code that makes someone who kills a char more then x levels below him auto die?

Either solution would end all the stupid greifing for ever, or at least give the new guys a chance.

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. Einstein

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: simple anti-grief idea
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:05 pm 

Pappy wrote:
how bout requiring both pple to activily press the hostile button before either can kill the other. Solution one

Would it be possible to write code that makes someone who kills a char more then x levels below him auto die?

Either solution would end all the stupid greifing for ever, or at least give the new guys a chance.

Yes. It is called attach level restrictions to your game.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:00 pm 

why the fuck wouldnt i want to chat with higher level freinds,

is it so hard to make it like trade screen where both have to agree to it?

if u have nothing constructive to say.........just fuck off and go goat troll some place else

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. Einstein

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:04 pm 

Pappy wrote:
why the fuck wouldnt i want to chat with higher level freinds,

is it so hard to make it like trade screen where both have to agree to it?

if u have nothing constructive to say.........just fuck off and go goat troll some place else

1: You should use question marks rather than periods to indicate uncertainty or an inquiry. 2: It's called a chat channel/private game/whisper command. 3: I don't know who the fuck you are, but I do know I con black to you. I'd suggest you knock it off quickly before you start catching aggro. :mrgreen:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:53 pm 
Game Server Host

I prefer to bathe in the tears of my fallen would be assassin by setting up an ambush at the entrance to a seperate level.

If you level restrict your game by 20 levels, theres a good chance you can kill the PKer before they realise what happened.

I think what you are looking for is a way to self rush your chars safely with a high level but restrict other high levels from the game who may Pk you. Can't have it both ways :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:09 pm 

whos pk'n???

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:43 pm 

First no one has ever hostiled me without announcing that they were going to do so with the acception of kasia (whom I did ambush a day later). He got away but I dont mind as he left me alone after that.

Second this is not a graded exam so I'll be damned if I check every letter and punctuation.

Third would it really hurt to give the new guys a chance? or would it help?............I thought it would help so I put it out there. As far as im concerned you can make two party hostile turn off when either party is within 20 levels of the other so that the pk has to at least compete in his own weight class as it were.

It certainly is no worse an idea then the current anti-rush situation as it stands.

Kevins shit I will put up with because there is usually a kernel of truth in there.

and btw I'm just Pappy, only been here 2-3 years but I am known in the HC community, I usually just play the game so I dont post alot. It's just a game, So give me your best shot........dont threaten, just fuckin do it. Have a nice :geek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: day. :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:26 pm 
Game Server Host

Quote:
As far as im concerned you can make two party hostile turn off when either party is within 20 levels of the other so that the pk has to at least compete in his own weight class as it were.

Except it would require you to completely recode the hostility function. Feel free to put your plans into action. Nobody is stopping you from doing it. As far as you are concerned, its pretty easy so you should have it done in no time ;)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:32 pm 

thanks for the kernel of truth kev , thats why in the very first post I said .....

How bout= is this possible......................

turns out it is possible , but an extreme pain in the ass by the sound of it.

thanks for your inteligent reply.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:50 am 

It would propably be possible to increase the minimum lvl for pvp from 9 to a higher lvl, to prevent PKing against low lvls....

but I don't have much knowledge about code editing so this is just a speculation

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:35 am 
Game Server Host

you can increase the minimum level cap yeh. It would just be a case of finding that routine and changing the 9 to a higher number. People like low level duels though.

You could jump out at that piece of code to some slack space and compare the levels of each unit. I think the minimum level is checked in a few places though.
OFC anything is possible if you can code edit in a timely fassion. I can't yet though. Making my own code segements still takes quite a while.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:43 am 

Pappy wrote:
First no one has ever hostiled me without announcing that they were going to do so with the acception of kasia (whom I did ambush a day later). He got away but I dont mind as he left me alone after that.

Second this is not a graded exam so I'll be damned if I check every letter and punctuation.

Third would it really hurt to give the new guys a chance? or would it help?............I thought it would help so I put it out there. As far as im concerned you can make two party hostile turn off when either party is within 20 levels of the other so that the pk has to at least compete in his own weight class as it were.

Not sure what new guys have to do with this. I do know that you asked a question, I gave you the answer, and you flipped the fuck out. Apparently you haven't learned yet that it is a very bad idea to attack me.

Quote:
and btw I'm just Pappy, only been here 2-3 years but I am known in the HC community, I usually just play the game so I dont post alot. It's just a game, So give me your best shot........dont threaten, just fuckin do it. Have a nice :geek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: day. :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek:

Here is the point.

Here is your head.

Any questions?

Offline Profile