Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:04 am

Post subject: Why are sets still retarded?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:31 pm 

Infernal has a level 7 cap and then level 20 for the other pieces. Death's still uses a Blade for the wep (Vanilla uses a War Sword) when the rest are sash/padded gloves.

These sets should be simple to acquire and useful for low-level chars.

And why aren't there simple r/w's for El's and Eld's and 3 socket helms/bucklers? They're easy enough to find in A1 and could be better than random +15 light/fire res 70% thorns rares.

Right now I'm playing SP and having farmed an Axe of Fechmar for my maul druid I don't see any value to these set pieces or low level runes. Death's hand will be useful for andy sure, but with the rares I can find by then I'm sure even Death's hand will be outclassed. Even my merc could use some simple stuff but only having 1 or 2 pieces of a set isn't worth much.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Why are sets still retarded?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:42 pm 
Game Server Host

deaths belt and gloves is a great combo for low level, 15 all res 25ias, cant be frozen and 10% lifeleech. tir el in a scythe or similar for "steel" on a shapeshift druid is also nice for the decent ias. nadir for a big str boost "nef tir" in a helm. if you want a shield use full hsarus set for 10 str from the shield, all res with the full set, +1 skills and defiance aura on equip. Full deaths is great on a zealer etc for the massive life leech and great speed. you can use the deaths set to pass duriel without too much trouble. just take plenty repair runes with you. since the full set mods grant such high leech etc the final piece is a little higher level, but still attainable by the start of a2.

having partial sets is handy, especialy deaths sash/gloves. a melee char can use that combo for a long long time, I usualy use it until level 45 along with 2 parts of sigons set for another 10% life leech.

Its easy enough to get any set part you need. gheed has them all

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:19 pm 

Jazriel wrote:
Infernal has a level 7 cap and then level 20 for the other pieces. Death's still uses a Blade for the wep (Vanilla uses a War Sword) when the rest are sash/padded gloves.

I tried to make Death's set a short sword, but Soulmancer had this dumb notion that a necromancer would use it and made it a blade. He does weird stuff some times.

Similar story with infernal. I had the rather common sense notion that sets should all be similar levels and was able to "fix" most of them, but Soulmancer really didn't take many of my ideas carte blanche.

Jazriel wrote:
And why aren't there simple r/w's for El's and Eld's and 3 socket helms/bucklers? They're easy enough to find in A1 and could be better than random +15 light/fire res 70% thorns rares.

Tried to do this as well and accomplished a few of them with the new low level runeword armor (Glory), two wands words (Decay, GraveRobber), but never made it to the helms. I really wanted to try and find something that made sense for barbs/druids and just never got around to it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:37 am 

Aye, but I'm talking about something as basic as 'ElElEld' +15 all res, +10% FRW, 20% slower stamina drain, +10 def

A perfectly fine simple item that helps what appears to be the focus of Normal A1: Get through it as fast as possible. Swap def for flat DR even. Collecting Els and Elds when they can be purchased makes me wonder why they even drop.

Then again, years later, Soulmancer's Game Design side still shows. >_>

Offline Profile