Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:24 pm

Post subject: A3 Blizzard merc
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:54 pm 

Going to start decoding Steels cryptic messages:

LevelX + ( ( (mlvl -1) * lvlperlvlX) / 64) is the right formula.
Mlvl is monsterlvl(mercs) while levelX/lvlperlvlx you read from hireling.txt next to skillX
So now Blizzard is Level= 24, lvlperlvl 4
That gives us: 24 + ( ( (99-1) * 4) /64) = 30lvl on 99merc lvl.
That 30lvl works as hard points so it boosts all other spells.
Glacial Spike is Lvlperlvl 4 and level 28 so on 99 it's 36 hard points.

Turning that in to usable information we have:

lvl60 merc has lvl27 blizzard
lvl70 merc has lvl28 blizzard
lvl80 merc has lvl29 blizzard
lvl90 merc has lvl29 blizzard
lvl100 merc has lvl30 blizzard

With the model of a 1 multiplier rather than a 4 we have:

lvl60 merc has lvl25 blizzard
lvl70 merc has lvl25 blizzard
lvl80 merc has lvl25 blizzard
lvl90 merc has lvl25 blizzard
lvl100 merc has lvl26 blizzard

Which all just sounds completely wrong to me. I am skeptical of the information and/or my math.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: A3 Blizzard merc
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:00 pm 

Before 72lvl merc use 12lvl base level so correct should be
lvl60 merc has lvl15 blizzard
lvl70 merc has lvl16 blizzard
lvl80 merc has lvl28 blizzard
lvl90 merc has lvl29 blizzard
lvl100 merc has lvl30 blizzard
with lvlperlvl 1 in both cases (42lvl and 72lvl)
lvl60 merc has lvl25 blizzard 12/13
lvl70 merc has lvl25 blizzard 14
lvl80 merc has lvl25 blizzard 25
lvl90 merc has lvl25 blizzard 25
lvl100 merc has lvl26 blizzard 26
http://phrozenkeep.hugelaser.com/forum/ ... p?p=448127 or maybe formula there is more accurate.
base_level + ((level * per_level) / 32). while baselvl = 12 for 42-71lvl mercs, 24 for 72-101lvl mercs, level = mercenary lvl, per level obvious.

Last edited by Steel on Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:02 pm 

when you write lvl 60 after lvl 90 you mean lvl 100 right? cus you wrote it twise and its kinda confusing....

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:07 pm 

Verb wrote:
when you write lvl 60 after lvl 90 you mean lvl 100 right? cus you wrote it twise and its kinda confusing....

yep - fumble.

again - I really can't understand much of anything you are saying Steel. About the only thing I am getting from this is that the value for lvlperlvl is pretty much irrelevant and the base value is where the action really is.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:26 pm 

to balance this better and make the skill more progressive try changing lvl5 to 6 and lvlperlvl5 to 8 for the lower merc and for the higher merc change lvl5 to 12 and lvlperlvl to 8 for the merc starting at lvl 72. this will allow a more linear progression with a nerf
lvl 60=13
lvl 70=15
lvl 80=22
lvl 90=23
lvl 99=24

lvlperlvl alows finer control without setting the initial lvl to high
glacial spike should be reduced as well imo along the same lines with a max of about lvl 28

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:11 pm 

why changes its awesome as is

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:59 pm 

I am inclined to agree with you dew, I think that is the way to go. Thanks for the thought.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:51 am 

What about posion and bone(pnb) mercs?
1) 72nm has 15lvl bonespirit and 72hell 20lvl. So is it better to get hell one? They start with less dex/str (4 less) but eventually will be able to wear full soulmancer
2) Anyone played with them in 4ppl game past 72lvl? How are they? Lacking damage? I had to replace mine before 72 as he refused to cast spells, he just was wandering around and poking enemies' eyes with his short sword(wtf??)
I know there isn't much a3pnb oriented gear, how about boosting last, 72lvl tier with higher bonespirit to boost teeth/spear? I suggest: level 24 lvlperlvl 4 on both nm and hell 72lvl.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:36 am 

my P&B merc (hired in norm I bet) does perfectly fine. I haven't noticed a shortage of gear for him.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:43 am 

What level does he have? And gear overall.
I picked a3pnb hell on my light trap sin to test this(had a5 previously). He's using wizspike with ms diamond, griff -18, +7 teeth armor -16, hhg -8, craft boots +1 30fcr triple res, arach, souldrainers, ele gaze set. Impressions: well he seems like a good companion for a solo gameplay/psn chars. He kills what I can't - Light immune harlots - rather quick 3-4 shots(1fireball a3fire merc) only because they don't go near him/shadow master tanks. When I tried to leave him alone vs a single minion of destruction, well, he failed and died. I joined few pub wsk runs 4-5ppl and well, he can't kill anything on that spawn. Maybe that's because he loves to spam that psn attack/bone armor instead of teeth/spear, or maybe magic res is too high. Overall he's not bad a merc but nowhere near useful in parties(well no need merc in good parties :P) and he's stupid(no nec would cast teeth, switch to bone armor, poison cloud, bone armor again, bone spirit and 2nd teeth), so far fire/light are my favorite (never had a blizz on this season, just know they own stuff)
Feel free not to change anything on him, or just adjust nm bonespirit to match hell, looks more like a typo

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:44 pm 

I've gotta say I agree with a nerf to blizz mercs. I have a couple, and they kill shit way too fast. I love my full Naj's with 4 uber gems in the staff :). Don't think he'll have trouble killing things after the nerf either... just that I won't be embarassed when my merc is killing faster than me lol

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:14 pm 

Steel wrote:
What about posion and bone(pnb) mercs?
1) 72nm has 15lvl bonespirit and 72hell 20lvl. So is it better to get hell one? They start with less dex/str (4 less) but eventually will be able to wear full soulmancer
2) Anyone played with them in 4ppl game past 72lvl? How are they? Lacking damage? I had to replace mine before 72 as he refused to cast spells, he just was wandering around and poking enemies' eyes with his short sword(wtf??)
I know there isn't much a3pnb oriented gear, how about boosting last, 72lvl tier with higher bonespirit to boost teeth/spear? I suggest: level 24 lvlperlvl 4 on both nm and hell 72lvl.

I have a 97 pnb merc....from about lvl 72 - 90 he sucks because he can't kill anything and can't tank yet, but hit 90 and pop heaven's will + optional second source of medi and then drop imm flesh and 2x prayer rings on him and he just doesnt die. When he gets to 95 drop a templars with facets in for extra pierce. I use kiras with either diamonds or rubies on him. shield = HHG. Caster boots and zaks ammy.

Of his performance:
He kills most trash that my psn zon cant, and he pierces some psn imms for me. He can tank almost anything for at least a little while at 95, with the exception of diablo and on in bosses ( including most sub bosses) and few select lower level bosses

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:26 am 

played a little more with pnb, they're bad on hell. Sure he spams bone armor but who needs an a3 tank? I was willing to give it a shot on summoners(dru maybe) as you don't need a specific curse but well, probably in the end I'll finish with a3 fire. Boost to their spells could be some help. higher bonespirit lvl, lower chance for bone armor or remove it and boost teeth chance (it's 70 just like bone spear). To calculate chance you sum up and divide chance by that sum. Total chance on pnb merc is 255.
Can light nova/psn cloud/rabies be removed from mercs? Light nova is useless, no damage, nothing at all, psn cloud on pnb does like 0 dmg, unless it needs 200 psn pierce, rabies prevent other rabies/does little to 0 dmg.

Offline Profile