Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:45 am

Post subject: The 101 charm
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:06 pm 

Would it be possible to add it to the future patch update or would it cause problems? I'm just asking because only One person has 101 currently on the SC ladder and I'm 12 mil from 101 on the HC and it would be cool to see it added. I assume there would be some issues with this but maybe not? I have no idea about general modding.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: The 101 charm
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:27 pm 

should be easy to add, why they didnt put it in i dont know. i just hope its not cubing all 5 shards in the cube and is something different. some other quests/boss to kill items to collect and combine in cube

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:36 pm 

Did someone say it was all 5 shards in the cube or something previously? That would be pretty crappy.. considering how difficult it is to attain the last two shards Dia and Baals. Would be cool to see it added. The method for obtaining it would be the question.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:48 pm 

just a rumor, and something i suspected they may do hopefully not

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:16 pm 

I think the reason it wasent added was becuase they forgot to add it. This item will obviously be limit 1 per person ( inability to pick a second one up ) however, if made from the cube, u can hold multiples of them. If they do add this, i hope it is a boss drop rather than a cube creation so there will truly be limit 1 per character.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:07 pm 

are you retarded? how would making it in the cube make holding more than one possible?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:52 pm 

If you knew how to mod you would know PmP is right. You can hold many carry 1 items when spawned by a cube recipe. But if you were to drop said item you wouldn't be able to pick it up because the carry 1 column only prevents picking up multiple of said item when set to true.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:24 am 

Darwins_Bane wrote:
are you retarded? how would making it in the cube make holding more than one possible?

the force is strong with this one

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:21 am 

dew wrote:
If you knew how to mod you would know PmP is right. You can hold many carry 1 items when spawned by a cube recipe. But if you were to drop said item you wouldn't be able to pick it up because the carry 1 column only prevents picking up multiple of said item when set to true.

So what happens when he goes to make a second one in his cube, he picks it up to put it in his inventory and ...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:15 pm 
Game Server Host

and he has 2 charms equipped. The carry1 flag only prevents you from picking up a an item from the ground. You can create a carry1 item in the cube, then create another in the cube and repeat until full. To get around that you can just add a hidden aura to the item with a hidden stat on the charm. Then have the aura on the charm, reduce move, cast and attack speed to -100 and drain 100%hp and mana per frame. Thats known as a "true carry 1" method. Equipping more than 1 nukes your char until you unequip the second charm.

Many simply use a hp drain but thats not effective as prebuff chars can still carry a full inv. The mana drain + speed penalty prevents that.

There are ways around regular carry 1 items like the horadric ring too.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:59 am 

I wasn't getting something correct with the fusing formula. I don't mod, so I don't really know how this stuff works. It was too complex, so it got left out.

Outside of changing numbers around in text files, I don't do an modding and am not terribly interesting in learning it either, so there are limits to what gets put in when I am the person making the changes.

If anyone wants to step by step it, or just adjust the files themselves (like PureRage often does), we can put something in. This is why PureRage has been extremely helpful in the past in moving forward complex new features. As for me, you will see skill tier dmg adjustments and item changes and very little else.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:13 pm 

PureRage you down for adding it? I'm sure you could figure something out for this. Up to you though.. If it wouldn't be too time consuming would be cool to see it added. It would encourage more people to hit 101 and play more as well. There are only like 4-5 101 atm. People need motivation to hit 101 as it is pretty difficult. I think the charm would do it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:43 pm 
Game Server Host

sure, i`ll just use a true carry 1 aura on it if you want it to be cubed.

Could we maybe ask mancer about adding a new boss?:

at 101 you can cube all 5 charms to make a ring with level req 101

in one of the 3 hells in act 5 put the boss
the boss would have an aura that makes them immune to all damage
the aura on the ring would grant a new stat called "break_boss"
the bosses aura would have 500 all res *(1-break_boss stat)

meaning once that stat is applied to the bosses via the aura, the bonus 500 all resist is removed, dropping them to their regular resist value.

The boss drops the charm so there is no possible way to carry 2

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:59 pm 

All five shards to make a ring? I don't think that's a good idea. Farming the Baal and Dia shard is tedious and time consuming due to low Shard drop rate. It would hardly be a reward with such a huge sacrifice and I'm sure most people would agree.

Adding a boss that drops it seem like the better idea. He should be in the same difficulty range as Hell Samhain. You could also turn the Charm into a Shard to avoid the complicated issue of multiple charms. I think that would be an easier solution? Or do your method and keep it as a charm but it would more work for you I guess.

Would be cool to see some kind of special attribute on the charm since you hit 101. Like a possible aura or some kind of animation to your character? Just some ideas.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:52 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
There are ways around regular carry 1 items like the horadric ring too.

like equipping a merc with a pick up 1 item, then grabbing another.

PureRage-DoD wrote:
sure, i`ll just use a true carry 1 aura on it if you want it to be cubed.

Could we maybe ask mancer about adding a new boss?:

at 101 you can cube all 5 charms to make a ring with level req 101

in one of the 3 hells in act 5 put the boss
the boss would have an aura that makes them immune to all damage
the aura on the ring would grant a new stat called "break_boss"
the bosses aura would have 500 all res *(1-break_boss stat)

meaning once that stat is applied to the bosses via the aura, the bonus 500 all resist is removed, dropping them to their regular resist value.

The boss drops the charm so there is no possible way to carry 2

ive played something like this in the past, it was with a curse o skill rather than an aura ( so if the 101 dies the team isnt fucked asap)

u can also get a cursed charm from one of the hells (limit 1 pickup) and go to the other hells in order to uncurse it. kill the boss and u have like 50 seconds to place the cursed charm in cube with a boss drop or something crazy like that - kinda like the m XL quests.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:07 am 

Lee wrote:
Farming the Baal and Dia shard is tedious and time consuming due to low Shard drop rate. It would hardly be a reward with such a huge sacrifice and I'm sure most people would agree.

+1

Naz and I did a good 30 hell Diablo runs for shards...only got 1. I'd be in favor of increasing the shard drop rate.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:32 am 

Yea i agree with the boss idea kevin, sounds like a good new content feature.

I dont agree with the cubing the boss shards though! As everyone else has stated, its a very tedious process. Having to kill the boss for the charm with some increased difficulty would be good, just whether it can be implemented or not?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:26 am 
Game Server Host

It wont happen this patch for sure but maybe in future.

Throw some ideas out, I'm pretty sure I could make almost anything work now, my modding knowledge has vastly improved over the last 6 months. See what you can come up with and see if it gets the go ahead or not.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:45 am 

FuryCury wrote:
Naz and I did a good 30 hell Diablo runs for shards...only got 1. I'd be in favor of increasing the shard drop rate.

I don't see anything of obvious difference in shard drop rates between Diablo & Andy, so I am not 100% sure how I would increase that drop rate. Might just be something beyond my modding skillz.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:26 pm 

blue_myriddn wrote:
FuryCury wrote:

I don't see anything of obvious difference in shard drop rates between Diablo & Andy, so I am not 100% sure how I would increase that drop rate. Might just be something beyond my modding skillz.

TreasureClassex.txt row 702 is for diabloHell drops. He has two drops. increasing shard number or decreasing other items will improve a chance for shards . It's 40 to 1 for all shards, there are also quest drops that have 40 to 2.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:38 pm 

40 to 1? that is extremely high.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:49 pm 

Steel wrote:
TreasureClassex.txt row 702 is for diabloHell drops. He has two drops. increasing shard number or decreasing other items will improve a chance for shards . It's 40 to 1 for all shards, there are also quest drops that have 40 to 2.

done - thanks.
Rate of drops should now be tripled, boosted it from 1 to 3 (normal) and 2 to 6 for quest drop for Meph, Diablo, and Baal. Dury and Andy were already said to reasonable numbers.

Offline Profile